Catch up system in WoD

One quick question? is there a catch up system in WoD for every single professions? Currently my main has JC and Enchanting
    both around 450 skill level and both are horrible boring and costly to level up..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorefiend1 View Post
    One quick question? is there a catch up system in WoD for every single professions? Currently my main has JC and Enchanting both around 450 skill level and both are horrible boring and costly to level up..
    Yes there is. Several kinds of items drop from mobs that when combined with WoD mats will level up your professions to 600. You then use Draenor recipes to level the rest of the way to 700.

From WoWhead's guide on JC in WoD:
    Leveling Catch Up
    Players have a chance to loot incomplete fragments from mobs that are appropriate to their profession. They can then combine these items with reagents to form uncommon quality or rare quality items, which can be turned into Garrison NPCs for Garrison Resources and profession skillups.

Sample quests: Lesser Alchemist Stone and Standard Survey Bot for 5 Garrison Resources, Attuned Alchemist Stone (for a rare turn-in) rewards 10 Garrison Resources.
    Common: Crumbling Statue, Crushed Locket, Cracked Band, Crystal Shards, Headless Figurine
    Uncommon: Used Locket, Restored Statue, Renewed Band, Buffed Crystal, Crude Gryphon Figurine
    Rare: Imbued Locket, Immaculate Statue, Sparkling Band, Focused Crystal, Priceless Gryphon Figurine
    Also keep in mind that you can craft many Draenor recipes at skill level 1.
    There's also similar guides for the other professions. So start reading up.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Great! thx for the info!

That's really great! Got some alts with low skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorefiend1 View Post
    One quick question? is there a catch up system in WoD for every single professions? Currently my main has JC and Enchanting
    both around 450 skill level and both are horrible boring and costly to level up..
    Its never been cheaper to level either of those professions than it is now. Mats are dirt cheap and the amount of MoP mats to go from 525-600 is not bad at all.

Yes, there are catch-up mechanisms in WoD but they are going to cost more time and/or resources than what you do now. I dropped BS for Enchanting on a toon a couple of days ago and went from 1-600 for less than 5k gold. It could've been cheaper but Cata mats were much more expensive than usual and I didn't feel like waiting for them to come down some. If you're around 450 skill already you are most of the way there.

This will make engineering so much easier to level. I always hated how weird and expensive it is to level engineering.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Its never been cheaper to level either of those professions than it is now. Mats are dirt cheap and the amount of MoP mats to go from 525-600 is not bad at all.

Yes, there are catch-up mechanisms in WoD but they are going to cost more time and/or resources than what you do now. I dropped BS for Enchanting on a toon a couple of days ago and went from 1-600 for less than 5k gold. It could've been cheaper but Cata mats were much more expensive than usual and I didn't feel like waiting for them to come down some. If you're around 450 skill already you are most of the way there.
    The only difficult part of professions now is 1-500. Once you hit 500...you're done because 500-600 is REALLY REALLY easy because of how common MOP materials are. The most difficult parts of professions now are 1-425 (BC and Wrath materials suck especially with metals. 425-500 is easier but still a pain, embersilk especially.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    There is not a catch up for leatherworking though is there?
    *sigh* Sometimes I wonder if people ever use the search function? In this case the search function on Wowhead.

WoD: Leatherworking Overview Guide
    Leveling Catch Up
    Players have a chance to loot incomplete fragments from mobs that are appropriate to their profession. They can then combine these items with reagents to form uncommon quality items, which can be turned into Garrison NPCs for Garrison Resources and profession skillups.

Sample quests: Lesser Alchemist Stone and Standard Survey Bot for 5 Garrison Resources.
    Common: Desiccated Leather Cloak, Scorched Leather Cap, Mangled Saddle Bag, Cracked Hand Drum
    Uncommon: Restored Infantry Cloak, Infantry Leather Cap, Stitched Saddle Bag, Marching Drum
    Also keep in mind that you can craft many Draenor recipes at skill level 1.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

There are catch ups to all professions, including skinning. I believe skinning works right now in 6.0 because I skinned a Northrend mob at lv 1 skinning.

the question is how good are those catchup things. Will they be good enough to wait until WoD to learn leatherworking or should you do it now with the horrendous mat requirement?

If you only get 1-2 skillups per turnin it wouldnt really help. Anyone tested it?