View Poll Results: Will Republicans take the Senate?

Voters
180. This poll is closed
  • No

47 26.11%
  • Yes

92 51.11%
  • I don't know

41 22.78%
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Well I did my part and voted against anyone Republican.

After seeing what that party's done since Bush, I've had enough of them.
    I voted straight I or L.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Which Republicans can change just like HArry Reid did for confirmations. Fillibusters arent even mentioned in the constitution. They are just a senate rule which can be changed
    Changing the Senate rules requires a 2/3 majority, so good luck with that.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Grimes or McConnell... almost makes Jeb vs Hillary appealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Harry reid could of changed the rule when he had a close to filibuster proof majority, but it would of just backfired eventually if republicans took control, and plus it was pointless since the gerrymandered house would never put any of his bills on the floor since they were all bought and paid for by the tea party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    This is just a correction of the 2008 Democratic sweep. You know what's 2016? 6 years after the Republican sweep. Just sayin.
    There are quite a few factors in the Dem's favor in 2016.

1) Potentially a very popular candidate running. People can bash Hillary all they want but the polls have her pretty much decimating any GOP potential.
    2) Presidential elections favor Dem turnout historically.
    3) The every creeping tide of demographics favoring democratic voters
    4) The re-election of the 2010 GOP sweep -- many of whom are in real trouble of keeping their seats according to polls.

A lot can happen between now and then however. But any rational GOP supporter should be very worried about 2016.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Most of those models are based off of polling numbers though.
    True -- and I think it's worth noting that most polling is still done via land line which is going to skew demographic representation, most likely in the GOP's favor.

However I still think it's not a great plan to dismiss the polling entirely.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    There are quite a few factors in the Dem's favor in 2016.

1) Potentially a very popular candidate running. People can bash Hillary all they want but the polls have her pretty much decimating any GOP potential.
    2) Presidential elections favor Dem turnout historically.
    3) The every creeping tide of demographics favoring democratic voters
    4) The re-election of the 2010 GOP sweep -- many of whom are in real trouble of keeping their seats according to polls.

A lot can happen between now and then however. But any rational GOP supporter should be very worried about 2016.
    So what your really saying is 2016 will be the next time we hear Texans scream about seceding?
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Which Republicans can change just like Harry Reid did for confirmations. Fillibusters arent even mentioned in the constitution. They are just a senate rule which can be changed
    Neither side is going to do away with the filibuster entirely because they always want that option when they aren't in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If you're like me and believe the next president will be Republican
    Have you been huffing paint thinner or something? The republicans have zero viable candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    So what your really saying is 2016 will be the next time we hear Texans scream about seceding?
    Thankfully, we never do. Also anyone remember American Spring?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    I want to hear a state like...Idaho or Kansas start screaming about seceding. That would be fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Kind of, David koch once ran for the libertarian party and this was his platform

Ablish medicare
    Abolish social security
    Abolish ALL forms of welfare
    Abolish all state infrastructure spending
    Ablish ALL environmental regulations
    Abolish the minimum wage
    Abolish all worker rights regulations
    Repeal the civil rights act

And now david koch runs the republican party, you've seen their platform slooowly shift to his radical viewpoints.
    That all sounds good to me except the last 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Most of those models are based off of polling numbers though. We've seen how unreliable polling numbers can be in recent elections. Most polls predict a Romney win by a landslide and... well, he lost by a landslide.
    Not trying to be a dick, but they did not predict a romney win at all. With the exception of right after the first debate, Obama was ahead in polling averages the entire time. In addition to that, the state-by-state polls, which are what really matter, Obama was predicted to win by a landslide the entire time. Belive me when I say this, I followed extremely closely.

The only people who were reporting that it was a close race were news networks who cherry picked polls and conservative sites that ignored reputable pollsters like PPP because they were being commisioned by democrats.

It was the same thing when people said that the Obama vs Clinton primary was close. It wasn't after super tuesday. It became apparent to everyone who wasn't invested in either ratings of Clinton that after Super Tuesday, even though Clinton was ahead, that Obama was going to win it because of superdelegate support and caucus states that the Obama campaign cleaned up in.

Poll predictions have been historically very accurate when looked at in aggregate. People like Nate Silver are really talented at this by examining a pollster's history and methodoligy, and giving them a weight to how important they are to the aggregate model.

That all sounds good to me except the last 2
    I dont...understand....how ANY of those would benefit you in any way possible..

10+ Year Old Account
    Orlong has established he has an uber right view. He thinks the tea party is a left wing party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It didnt seem to need a 2/3 majority when the Dems changed the filibuster rules for executive nominees a few months ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You can't blame anyone when you have a majority in the house and the senate besides yourselves.
    Well...that's not really true at all. You can't really blame anyone when you have a majority in the house, senate and the presidency. But if you lose any one of those three you can always point to the other side for holding up the works.

You'll hear all about how Obama is abusing the veto and refusing to let "the will of the people" be done. Even though what they send will be completely unreasonable.

EDIT -- and that's assuming the Dems don't filibuster everything like the GOP did.

10+ Year Old Account
    They promote individual responsibility and save tax dollars. Especially with Social Security. I shouldnt be FORCED to contribute to a retirement program. I should be able to use my money to invest in my own retirement investments. I can do a better job than the government anyway

They promote individual responsibility and save tax dollars. Especially with Social Security. I shouldnt be FORCED to contribute to a retirement program. I should be able to use my money to invest in my own retirement investments. I can do a better job than the government anyway
    Whos gonna pay for the military? you think david koch is gonna pay for it? AHHAHA Sorry taxes for working people wont go down, in fact they will raise taxes on working people to pay for the military since they wont be paying any.
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2014-10-31 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    How so? Republicans are generally pro trade.
    pro trade for fat cats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama can't Veto every bill
    Sure he can. And if the GOP sends him nothing but "repeal Obamacare" "outlaw gay marriage" "privatize social security" you can be he'll veto each and every one of those.

Now if they send through some "rename this bridge to blah blah" yeah, he's not going to veto that.

- - - Updated - - -

They promote individual responsibility when it's convenient.
    Remember you are talking to someone who has no qualms about people starving to death if they have a string of unfortunate circumstances. Because they should have planned better. Regardless of what happened.