Apparently Costco called me about a second interview a week ago...

I applied at Costco a while back and had my first interview a few weeks ago. Apparently they called me back about a week ago with the intent of setting up a second interview, but I never knew that they called and as thus, never called them back. They left a message on my parents answering machine, but my parents never let me know (the answering machine is in their room and they alone manage it).

I've wanted to work at Costco for a very long time and turned down a seasonal position with them a few weeks ago (since I already have two reliable jobs and didn't want to risk going seasonal). It appears that they now want to hire me as a part-time employee, but since I never knew they called to begin with, did I wait too long? Do you think they are still going to offer me the job if I explain what happened?

p.s.
    I'm going to call up there tomorrow, but am curious as to what you guys think. I really want this job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell them with your first paycheck you are going to get your own phone?
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Call them now and calmly explain that you had no access to the answering machine. If they called back, chances are they wan't to hire you but need a few things to clarify.

ps: What kind of parent would do such a thing? If it was me, I'd smack the fuck out of them.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Before someone gives you shit about this, Costco gives it's employees what economists call an efficiency wage.

You may get shit for being a conservative while working there.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2014-10-31 at 11:05 PM.

Most people there start as seasonal. Do a great job and try to get on full time. It is very easy work that you are paid well above the industry norm to do. The worst thing you have to deal with is the madness on the weekends.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Warehouses pay decent wages for a retail job. I would try to suck up, call back, and try to land the job.

I applied to one when I was younger but they held my application for about a month and didn't call me until I was moving out of the city...