Page 1 of 3
LastLast

2H viability making a return

Ok so before I even right anything about it I'll just post this

Ahem ok now that that's out of the way... I'm not posting a thread saying they need to bring back 2H viability *Although I REALLY wish they would.* I'm simply posting a question.

With the way that stats on items are supposed to work on WOD items such as stats changing with your spec will it be possible for me to take a str 2hander and have it turn into an Agi 2hander? Yes I know it's still not viable because of the way stormstrike and lava lash work *which could easily be fixed to allow for using 2 handers* but will it in fact change from strength to agility or won't it? That's all I want to know.
    Last edited by Khailik; 2014-11-01 at 04:51 PM.

Stats don't turn into other stats like that. Basically all Mail gear will come with Agility and Intellect on it, among other things. When you're in a spec that uses Agility, Intellect will be grayed out. When you're in a spec that uses Intellect, the Agility will be grayed out. So you can't get a Strength weapon and expect it to change to Agility just because an Agility user is wielding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    Stats don't turn into other stats like that. Basically all Mail gear will come with Agility and Intellect on it, among other things. When you're in a spec that uses Agility, Intellect will be grayed out. When you're in a spec that uses Intellect, the Agility will be grayed out. So you can't get a Strength weapon and expect it to change to Agility just because an Agility user is wielding it.
    Damnit. I was really hoping that's how it was going to work.

2h shaman aint happening bro get over it
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

My big question is if we'll have a ton of, like, intellect axes or intellect fist weapons. I remember folks being pretty pumped about the Firelands (i think ?) int axe and ToT int fist.

Guess I could just look up some loot tables ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    2h shaman aint happening bro get over it
    Get over me not getting over it :P

Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    Damnit. I was really hoping that's how it was going to work.
    Don't give up all hope. You've got one teeeeny tiny itsy bitsy thread to hold onto.

2H hammers.

There's not many in the game but I can think of at least one agility 2H hammer - it's a rep reward from the Cenarian Circle in Outland.

So if they make something like say The Black Hand viable for Feral then it should change for you as well.

Oh, you also have staves, but those are too fast for a proper 2H whammy.

I don't want to get a OMG SHUT UP ABOUT 2HANDERS discussion going but all they'd need to do is also add agi to 2handers and have stormstrike and lava lash act differently if you have a 2 hander equipped. It's not impossible and that would make 2handers viable. I don't see that as too much to ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that we can use staves, right? They've been making agi staves for the ferals/ww this entire time.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Stop. Eww, just stop.
    I was pointing out the fact that nothing is changing. Even if things had been able to flip between str and agi, there were already 2h agi weapons usable by shaman. I have no opinion on 2h enh being a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of shaman wants to wield a fuggin' STAFF around for 2hander? No dude, it's all about the big ass maces and swords and axes not some gimpy walking stick.
    Staves can be mogged to 2H weapons. Use whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Staves can be mogged to 2H weapons. Use whatever you want.
    Staves don't have as much damage on them though.

What kind of shaman wants to wield a fuggin' STAFF around for 2hander? No dude, it's all about the big ass maces and swords and axes not some gimpy walking stick.
    Im not sure I'd call this a gimpy walking stick:

Anyway, I use to agree that Shaman should just let the whole 2H thing go. However, since then they've gone out of their way to support 2H and 1H playstyles on 3 classes, so I cant see any excuse for why they shouldn't do the same for Shaman.
    Last edited by nazrakin; 2014-11-01 at 03:22 AM.

Do you think a petition would do anything? Because I have quite a few Shaman friends who would jump on board as I'm sure many others would.

There's really only one class that noticeably changes with a different weapon type; Frost DK. The others, Fury and WW, Don't change significantly. Fury effectively does't change at all between a 2h and a 1h, because it's dual wielding either way, and with WW it only affects their autoattacks.

Deleted
    Enhancers problem isn't weapons. If Enh 2h was viable, you could wear strength weapons and those extra strength would've been pretty much a non issue.

What really is the problem: devs don't want to balance DW vs 2h for enhancers, so they put out a lot of mechanics to makie it nonviable, mainly not being able to use stormstrike and lava lash. The 2nd weapon enchant isn't a problem anymore, okay. I also think that 2h would have worse MSW generation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TylerWildstar View Post
    There's really only one class that noticeably changes with a different weapon type; Frost DK. The others, Fury and WW, Don't change significantly. Fury effectively does't change at all between a 2h and a 1h, because it's dual wielding either way, and with WW it only affects their autoattacks.
    But 2h fury has significantly higher AOE damage + better scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    But 2h fury has significantly higher AOE damage + better scaling.
    It's just numbers. Titan's Grip doesn't play differently to SMF, especially since the removal of CSmash, where during SoO, TG would use Storm Bolt, and SMF wouldn't.

While I would love the return of 2h Enhancement they would basically have to redo the whole spec. The 'weapon imbue' passives would need a rework so they both affect a 2h. And the Lava Lash and Stormstrike change that has been mentioned already. I think the biggest thing you would see used as an excuse from Blizzard would be them 'having to' put in more 2h Maces with Agi. Only Enhance and Feral/Guardian would use them. To get the most mileage out of what classes can use what items they'd probably want to put 2h Maces on Monks too then. But that causes issues since they didn't want them there in the first place.

Don't get me wrong. I miss the 2h Enhancement days from Vanilla. That was easily the most fun playing a Shaman I have had in almost 10 years of playing WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just logged into my shaman. 2h enhance couldn't be more dead that this ... got a message while trying to cast Stormstrike saying "You need to have a weapon equipped in each hand"

R.I.P. Enhancement 2H. You will be remembered!
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    I don't want to get a OMG SHUT UP ABOUT 2HANDERS discussion going but all they'd need to do is also add agi to 2handers and have stormstrike and lava lash act differently if you have a 2 hander equipped. It's not impossible and that would make 2handers viable. I don't see that as too much to ask.
    it is not that easy. you have to do all the balancing again for 2h enhancers. you have to adjust talents and skills etc.