Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Some possible advice may be required...

In August 2013 my only real close friend of 9 years sadly took some money from me and walked away. Now this friend was only my really my outlet to normality and outside (long story short i have a severe disability that makes independence impossible) as a result my friend took me to bars, shopping, days out and generally what mates do. Unfortunately since he's no longer about I don't do those things and feel lost and isolated. I do have other friends but rarely see them due to work and location... My carers can't drive which requires my mother of 62 to do so. All in all I feel trapped and unable to tell anybody. I looked at local groups for either LGBT or disability but they're full of weird or people with learning difficulties.

Fights over money are the worst. I borrowed a lot of money from my favorite uncle and was slow to pay it back. After that, I was too embarrassed to go see him. Because of that I don't loan money to people, I just give it to them as a gift. Not that that's going to help you any.

Anyway you can patch things up with your friend? Trust is a big thing I know.

I thought gays were more like women in that it's easy from women to make friends throughout their life? After a certain age we hetero guys rarely make friends outside of work. If you can make it to a popular coffee shop, I'd hang out there and read, talk to people you meet there. The coffee shop I go to, gays hit on me.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    i have a severe disability
    I looked at local groups for either LGBT or disability but they're full of weird or people with learning difficulties.
    Am I missing something or is this just a silly thread?

May as well pay someone to take you places and be upfront about it. You will end up paying them one way or another.
    Sure there is some broke deadbeat who will take you places if you cover their end plus a couple of bucks.

How much money was taken?

15+ Year Old Account
    Would it not be possible to request new carers/another carer who can drive?

Though, end of the day your friend shouldn't have taken your money unless it was agreed upon earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go on Judge Rinder. Or call Jeremy Kyle. Hate to say "preferably Jeremy" but lets not do any of this litigation culture the Americans have, lets not perpetuate it over here.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    Would it not be possible to request new carers/another carer who can drive?

Though, end of the day your friend shouldn't have taken your money unless it was agreed upon earlier.
    I do not think it is the carers job to take him to clubs and bars.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Am I missing something or is this just a silly thread?
    I think he's physically disabled where as they are mostly mentally disabled, at least that's what I understood from the post.

Deleted
    Isn't it possible for your area to have a disabled taxi service?

Call that up once every so often to hit the club you like, make new friends or meet them there.

And i wouldn't disparage the clubs, i volunteered at one when undergoing some training for an award; Some of the guys there are dead normal guys and girls, just with severe physical disabilities.
    Last edited by mmoc1aca3196c5; 2014-11-01 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    I see a new business model. Care takers that party and take you along. For a fee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I see a new business model. Care takers that party and take you along. For a fee.
    They already have carers to jack off the disabled in China and Japan...

So i can see that working.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Doesn't that already exist? Life coaches or something.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

In August 2013 my only real close friend of 9 years sadly took some money from me and walked away. Now this friend was only my really my outlet to normality and outside (long story short i have a severe disability that makes independence impossible) as a result my friend took me to bars, shopping, days out and generally what mates do. Unfortunately since he's no longer about I don't do those things and feel lost and isolated. I do have other friends but rarely see them due to work and location... My carers can't drive which requires my mother of 62 to do so. All in all I feel trapped and unable to tell anybody. I looked at local groups for either LGBT or disability but they're full of weird or people with learning difficulties.
    What's your question?

Are you suggesting people with learning difficulties are undeserving of friendship? Do they have to learn how to have fun? You're disadvantage is different from theirs' but you're no better than them. Is hubris the cause of your loneliness?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    ....or to befriend him/keep him company/entertain him. Can't buy friendship.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2014-11-01 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    ....or to befriend him/keep him company/entertain him. Can't buy friendship.
    The world's oldest profession would like to have a word with you.

There is an old saying in my country that comes up true in 99% of cases "Wanna make an enemy? Borrow money to someone."

Was there a particular reason your friend took off? Was he simply tired of helping you out, no longer had time to do so or did you get into an argument? Because if he took your money, walked away and you had not heard from him since, it's really hard to believe you were close for 9 years. I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    The world's oldest profession would like to have a word with you.
    Keep him company platonically. Sex isn't friendship, gluttony is.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2014-11-01 at 06:38 PM.

Deleted
    Keep him company platonically. Sex isn't friendship.
    He's got the internet for dat!

15+ Year Old Account
    Keep him company platonically. Sex isn't friendship.
    You CAN pay a hooker to just hang with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Corgi's are the only friends people need.

But I did cheat on you with a Shiba inu once....

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I agree! You're my new BFFFN! Best friend forever for now!

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    You CAN pay a hooker to just hang with you.
    What a waste of $2!