Red face So with the removal of Justice Points...

...now I have to PVP for Honor Points to buy old PVP gear for T-mog.

Which means I have to learn how to pvp. So, how important is having PVP gear in PVP? Extremely? Or Can I get by with typical LFR gear? Also...what's a really good class that has great survivability as well as great at stunning/fear/incapacitating enemies and dealing massive dmg? My main problem is I seem to die extremely quickly even on classes like the Death Knight...and part of the reason is because I'm constantly being stunned or feared. I find my best abilities on my DK are the ranged ones. I don't have too much of a problem on ranged classes...but my DK and my Paladin are extremely squishy in PVP and pretty much get destroyed as soon as they run into a fray.

Anyone have any good advice for me? PVP has never been an aspect of this game that I've enjoyed...but it's mostly because I find I jump in there and just get beaten up without knowing how...and I'd like to change that since now I'm basically forced into it.

PVP gear is essential if you wish to participate in combat. Until then you can focus on the battleground's objectives and do whatever you can to help from the side-lines such as:

* Stunning / interrupting / annoying enemy healers
    * Delaying base captures by AoE'ing enemies until backup arrives
    * Luring at least two enemies into a corner of the map so that they're not participating in objectives, again, buying time for your teammates to win the BG

"what's a really good class that has great survivability as well as great at stunning/fear/incapacitating enemies and dealing massive dmg?"

Without PVP gear, no class has great survivability unless you want to consider immunities like a paladin's divine shield or a hunter's deterrence. Even if one class had all of the above, we'd all be playing it.

Also if you need honor points for your transmog then clearly you need to be using the class whose gear you want to transmogrify...

EDIT: alternatively you can try your hand at healing. PVE gear should be sufficient enough to support your teammates and not be seen as dead-weight.

Well I play with any normality 7 of the 11 classes in the game. So aside from the Monk, Priest, Druid, and Shaman...I play everything else so I was thinking more along the lines as which one could be a good class to jump into PVP with and not feel like dead weight.

But great advice. I've been trying to think more objectively and be more of a support player since I can't really do much. I tend to pull enemy flag carriers towards me when they're running away or slowing them down.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you don't have pvp gear its best to be on def in bgs to try assist the team to win and collect your points. It may be boring on def but after a few bgs and some gear you can start getting in to some serious combat. Yeah and healing is always a good option especially with how OP healers are at the moment

You posters do realize that Pvp Resilience / Pvp power are useless stats in the game right ?
    They are still present on gear but they have no effect

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    You posters do realize that Pvp Resilience / Pvp power are useless stats in the game right ?
    They still have an effect but it's not displayed in the details pane. Especially weapons which have a high pvp power value are still a big increase. I heal ~33% more with a Prideful weapon compared to a pve weapon with equal spellpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    They have an effect at 90 still.