Short Term Ranged Unholy Rotation

So, although we probably wont see much of it in WoD, there's always a fight or two where melee get forced out of range for significant periods of time for whatever reason. Considering that, will it ever be worth using a 'ranged' rotation for these periods? How long would the downtime need to be to make it viable and so on?
    I imagine it would be something like:

>Diseases
    >Send in Timmy
    >Death Coil
    >DSip (Death Runes)
    >DnD (Unholy Rune)
    >IT (Frost Rune)
    >Jump up and down during downtime

It appears that you cant use Blood runes, so perhaps its better to transform them into Death before having to move to range and then use IT on them so that they stay death and then only use DSip on Deathfrost runes?

Of course, this is assuming that there isn't any adds etc in melee range to hit instead.

Something that also just came to mind, I believe there was some vanity item that acted as a target dummie. I expect they cant be dropped during combat or in raids or whatever, but if they can be, would it be viable to drop them when you move out of range in order to use FeS to get Death Runes then DSip into the main target that's out of range, and also to use SS on unholy runes to gen runic for DC into the main target?

I think I've gone too far down the rabbit hole now, but whatever, I'd like to hear people's thoughts.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Good Unholy dks have been doing this for the whole of mop, or at least since Unholy got fixed into a good spec in 5.2.

Its not a ranged rotation by any means, but just having dots up, having timmy engaged, throwing deathcoils and then death siphons if you are out of range for a GCD is sensible and does add up.
    There shouldn't be a jump up and down during downtime. Downtime should only be the time spent running in and out of melee range, and that downtime should be spent on death coils and pet transforms and Death and Decay anyway. It just makes sense to throw a single Siphon if you have the gcd and the rune and have done all the above.
    Icy touch though, thats terrible, should just wait on melee range to Festering Strike that.

Yeah i've been doing it too, but without snapshotting (since with it we didnt risk overwriting our diseases) I was wondering at what amount of melee downtime does it become better to use Icy Touch instead of waiting for FeS. Surely if the downtime is more than the duration of rune regen it would be best to use IT over nothing...
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered