Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Archaeologists Discover Biblical Remains

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/red-...blical-exodus/

Saw this on my Facebook today. If this is indeed real, maybe it's time I rethink my theological neutrality? Either way, interesting stuff.

Site is biased towards religion and not to mention that it's not a credible site.

No need believe in fairy tales.

EDIT:

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/faq/

Why are Israelis God’s chosen people?

Israel’s character as the chosen people is unconditional, as it says in Deuteronomy 14:2

“For you are a holy people to YHWH your God, and God has chosen you to be his treasured people from all the nations that are on the face of the earth.”

- See more at: http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/faq/....rdUGmkEy.dpuf

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.... "archaeologists". Never mind that there is no evidence of a large Jewish population in Egypt at the supposed time of the Exodus.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I thought it was basically known fact that the bibles contains true and false stories - it's just elements of these stories that are misinterpreted (i.e. involving God/religious talk) purely because they had no other way of thinking/proving out of the ordinary occurrences (such as the sea parting, as where we now know it was likely due to a tsunami - the sea receding and coming back/washing things and people away).

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Yes.... "archaeologists". Never mind that there is no evidence of a large Jewish population in Egypt at the supposed time of the Exodus.
    You'd think a massive... well, exodus would leave behind something.

I guess I should have poked around on the site a bit more... shame that it's biased (though not necessarily untrue), would have been nice to finally put an end to religious debates once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    You'd think a massive... well, exodus would leave behind something.
    It's a lot of desert to cover, and it's not like the political climate in the region has allowed for significant archaeological digs since the 1930s or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disclaimer

World News Daily Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within worldnewsdailyreport.com are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental, except for all references to politicians and/or celebrities, in which case they are based on real people, but still based almost entirely in fiction.

I don't think this is a credible news site. They do tabloid-style faux journalism. Not quite pure satire I think like The Onion, but more like "The Weekly World News" and other tabloids where they claim to be entertainment, not news.

Definitely look for a more credible site to report it, but I would not hold my breath.

So a bunch of soggy military artifacts at the bottom of a body of water proves that the water was parted and then flooded back ontop of an army? Because there's no other way for something to get underneath water?

The biblical exodus would have us believe that the Pyramids where built by Israeli slave labor hundreds of years after the construction of the pyramids. When in fact the pyramids where built by Egyptians, much earlier than what is claimed in the Bible. The work was also not slave labor, but built upon a system which required citizens to build for a certain amount of time each year. The details about this agreement between the pharaoh and citizens are not universally agreed upon by historians. But it was no more slave labor than mandatory military service was in the 1940s and 1970s.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Deleted
    I thought a ton of what happened in the bible was legit. Like, to an extent at least. Like, with the flood, there were some big floods right? Just, we know that even though there was a big flood, it wasn't global, and there wasn't an ark with 2 of every animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I thought a ton of what happened in the bible was legit. Like, to an extent at least. Like, with the flood, there were some big floods right? Just, we know that even though there was a big flood, it wasn't global, and there wasn't an ark with 2 of every animal.
    Actually it was 2 of every unclean animal, and "Take in sevens, a male and female of every clean animal". So it was 14 of most animals, which is even more ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    I guess I should have poked around on the site a bit more... shame that it's biased (though not necessarily untrue), would have been nice to finally put an end to religious debates once and for all.
    lol yeah I totally expect this to happen. God cannot be proven and there is a good reason why not

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Disclaimer

World News Daily Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within worldnewsdailyreport.com are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental, except for all references to politicians and/or celebrities, in which case they are based on real people, but still based almost entirely in fiction.
    You can't honestly expect people to actually research things! I can't wait until facebook puts that "satire" tag on links like this.

Their FAQ is hilarious.

Where do you find all this extremely well researched and credible information?

Our News Team counts members fluent in more then 12 languages. We thus have access to thousands of newspapers around the world and choose information we feel is of interest to the christian, muslim and jewish zionist community worldwide.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Wow that disclaimer. Oh well, I guess next time I see something like this, gonna make sure to check out the entire site.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Disclaimer

I suppose I'm glad that this isn't a serious website.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

They also have an article on their home page about a rancher shooting down a UFO in the US.

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/usa-...-near-area-51/

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    The biblical exodus would have us believe that the Pyramids where built by Israeli slave labor hundreds of years after the construction of the pyramids. When in fact the pyramids where built by Egyptians, much earlier than what is claimed in the Bible. The work was also not slave labor, but built upon a system which required citizens to build for a certain amount of time each year. The details about this agreement between the pharaoh and citizens are not universally agreed upon by historians. But it was no more slave labor than mandatory military service was in the 1940s and 1970s.
    The Bible does not mention the pyramids as being built by the Israeli's. There are a lot more structures that where built in Egypt than just the Pyramids. And in the 1970's you had a lot of people who revolted at the idea of being drafted for what they considered a unjust war. Many fled to other countries. This is simply what Moses was trying to do. Gain release for his people from being used like slaves for building and other duties.