Thread: Reconnecting

Deleted

Reconnecting

Is it normal for the game to completely fuck up reconnecting? HotS crashed on me a few minutes ago, when I rebooted it and tried to reconnect a beautiful screen welcomed me: "Server is ahead by 28:30", slowly counting down at perhaps 2-3 seconds per second(durr). Putting aside the fact I disconnected when the game was 15 minutes in, what the hell? Just how retarded is the reconnection system? At the rate it was going, I'd have to wait about 15 minutes on that screen before reconnecting, which would obviously happen long, long after the game was over and done with. I though the amount of quitters was due to lack of any punishment for leaving the game, but perhaps it's the instability combined with reconnecting being completely impossible?

15+ Year Old Account
    I have heard some people have this probelm, I never had it recently though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Happens to me from time to time and it's infuriating. Unless you disconnect/get booted out in first 5 minutes of the game, there is a very little chance to get back in time. I think they should change reconnection to work more like in LoL or Dota2, where reconnecting means coming back to game immediately.

Deleted
    I have never been able to reconnect, if I get dc'ed I just get "Rejoining Game.." and nothing happens until the game is over.

Deleted
    I guess this system is one of unfinished parts. It's damn annoying, but looking through the official forums reveals heaps of threads and posts complaining about it.

Deleted
    Yeah, it is one of the more frustrating problems in the game. I get at least one disconnection a day, although it usually happens during the loading screen, so by the time I rejoin, the server is only ~1 min ahead of me. It still annoying and if you get unlucky enough to disconnect after early game, you will be sitting in the "server ahead" -screen for a very long time.

Hopefully, it will be addressed eventually. Perhaps even before beta starts.

Yup, reconnecting and leaving games is bugged as hell (or simply unfinished) right now. I have a habit of alt-tabbing a lot, the game crashed on me a few times - got stuck in menu, with only "quit to desktop" and "options" buttons available. Then the game warns that if I leave, I won't be able to join another game until the previous one is finished. I quit, restart the game, and guess what... I can queue for another with no penalty whatsoever. I only managed to reconnect after DC'ing once, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    it happened to me, too, but never got kicked from a game