Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pucko97 View Post
    Then do what basically every culture has done: Work hard and make yourself free. Work away from the stereotypes and not towards them.
    One of the most important funcitons of the State is secure individual rights.

Even to be a ''walking stereotype'', if dont break any law.

Im black. I think that people have the right to be racist. And i have the right to fight back.

(And yes, im a conservative, not from U.S., but i know the country and my parents live in europe).

There are a few answers to OP's question. Vested interests on both sides wanted to maintain segregation, whites to keep blacks out of sight & mind, and blacks to give themselves a relatively safe space to build a community. And, not for nothing but blacks did establish communities, some so successful whites tried to stamp them out of of jealousy. Black segregation movements show up throughout American history, most recently Malcolm X's black power movement. Another answer is that politicians got lots of approval from white voters for being strong on segregation, and a third answer is that blacks are a marginalized demographic and nobody cared enough to change it until blacks organized en masse.

Not as pithy as "whites are racists" but more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    Yea, a social change taking 50 years. SO FAST.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Presidente_Negro

I guess that when you are brought into a country as slaves, and generations of people are taught that these people are sub-humans, society takes a long time to change that attitude. It doesn't help that the stereotypical (native) african person is a primitive, tribal character who lives in a hut.

Sadly, when the Americans came to rescue Europe from the nazi-powers, they brought racism and segregation with them
    Mother pus bucket!

One good interesting point is:

The white people with ebola received a good medicine, worked.

The black guy with ebola received a different medicine and died (why not the same?).

Lol, just conspiracy theory.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...in-Dallas.html
    Last edited by khadaryan; 2014-11-03 at 03:08 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Ahh I think I see what you're getting at. Most whites are inherently racist and other races aren't, right?

The people in power will always try to oppress those with less power. History would have played out the same had anyone else been in power. That's why we as a societies should be aiming for more protection of those with less power, regardless of race.
    This. Has anyone of you ever seen the blue eyes-brown/dark eyes experiment? Racism is alive in everyone and it cannot be easely eradicated.
    And people always seem to forget that racism works both ways.

Black people feel opressed. but they put themselves into that catacory asswell. a.k.a. : Its because im black right? your a racist. (while the other person was not being racist in the lightest) Making themselves equally racist.

Now im not saying that anyone is specificly at fault but people like to play the victim role if it benefits them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khadaryan View Post

The black guy with ebola received a different medicine and died (why not the same?).

I seriously DOUBT this is a case of racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can extent the topic onto native Americans, aka Indians.. For them too the clock is ticking slower than for others.

The ICRA (Indian Civil Right Act) is from 1968.
    There's more though...
    http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...merican+Rights

So yes, treatment of black and red people as second class citizen is/was very well a thing and alive.
    This does now not mean that it's in everyone's face at any given time. But it exists still today.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't official segregation in the U.S. anymore.

However, go into a good neighborhood that isn't explicitly known for being a well-to-do black neighborhood, and you aren't going to find many black people there.

It still exists. They just call it preserving Real Estate value now.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

have you actually read your link?

hospital stating Drug A was unavailable and drug B did not match his blood type.
    Victimizing themselves (we are black we get a diffrent treatment while in all honestly he probaply did not)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    I seriously DOUBT this is a case of racism.
    I dont know. We will never know cause people ''cant be'' racist and xenophobe.

So they are, and act like. But they will just pretend any other behaviour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    why is it usually the white 1st world people pushing down minorities though and not varied as much?
    Have you ever been abroad? Go to Africa and see how far you get or go to India and see how they treat the lower castes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dura View Post
    have you actually read your link?

hospital stating Drug A was unavailable and drug B did not match his blood type.
    Victimizing themselves (we are black we get a diffrent treatment while in all honestly he probaply did not)

Yes

So, you get the hospital words without proof as truth?

So, a country successful used a medicine, and next week there no single pill to use?

Im not saying that was racism. Maybe just lack of preparation.

We will never know and..well, he is dead.

Maybe not even racism, just ''came here cheating with ebola? now die"

Edited:

Just to clarify:
    The point is - we cant know, people can do that, but will just use some non racist excuses cause they cant be, but are.
    Do you really think that services cant have "double standards" ?
    They can, but can just pretend there is anything else. And usually we will not know the truth.
    Last edited by khadaryan; 2014-11-03 at 03:35 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes

So, you get the hospital words without proof as truth?

So, a country successful used a medicine, and next week there no single pill to use?

Im not saying that was racism. Maybe just lack of preparation.

We will never know and..well, he is dead.

Maybe not even racism, just ''came here cheating with ebola? now die"
    I did not say it was the truth. im just commenting on a link u showed.
    So a hospital (and instutute wich helps people with their ilments and saves lives) would lie?

So yeah the US is quite a big place have you ever considered the tought of producing the actual medicine and shipment to every fucking hospital in the US? Wich takes a tremendous amount of recources. So you the hospital could actually not have that medicine avaiable.

Just because the world knows about ebola does not mean that every hospital has the equipment needed for treatment.

that last sentence? what? doesnt even make sense.

I did not say it was the truth. im just commenting on a link u showed.
    So a hospital (and instutute wich helps people with their ilments and saves lives) would lie?
    I'll just leave this here because it's on-topic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskege...lis_experiment

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm about to move into a predominantly African American neighborhood, like 90%+ African American, and what's interesting is that when you look into a lot of the properties in the area, they still have (expired) deed restrictions on file from the mid-70s which said that black people couldn't live there, though some of them say that they could live in the garage apartment as long as they were house servants.

I couldn't believe that. The 1970s? Seriously? It's just so hard to believe that this stuff was almost going on in my lifetime.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'm about to move into a predominantly African American neighborhood, like 90%+ African American, and what's interesting is that when you look into a lot of the properties in the area, they still have (expired) deed restrictions on file from the mid-70s which said that black people couldn't live there, though some of them say that they could live in the garage apartment as long as they were house servants.

I couldn't believe that. The 1970s? Seriously? It's just so hard to believe that this stuff was almost going on in my lifetime.
    That issue ran up into the 90s.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    I'll just leave this here because it's on-topic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskege...lis_experiment
    So you are comparing a clinical study to treatment of patients?
    basicly your comparing a elephant and a mouse.
    Yeha they are both mammals but they are not the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I can't believe that african american segrigation lasted until less than 50 years ago in the united states.

Why did it last so long? Where did this Aryannistic mindset come from? Didn't we already learn how bad slavery hurt people? And didn't WW2 teach us how bad oppressing someone could really get, you'd think we'd want to be the better man
    I reckon its because people profited off it and when people are making profit they want to keep making profit...

So you are comparing a clinical study to treatment of patients?
    basicly your comparing a elephant and a mouse.
    Yeha they are both mammals but they are not the same.
    Are you aware of what that study involved doing to people?