Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Russian monument to Steve Jobs removed after Tim Cook's annoucement

This is a little amusing.

I don't think Putin hates gays. I think Pussy Riot a band from the gay community made him mad and now it's pay back time. The US isn't perfect when it comes to gay rights either.

russian-monument-to-steve-jobs-taken-down-after-apple-ceo-cook-says-he-is-gay

A Russian monument to Apple co-founder Steve Jobs has been taken down, after Apple CEO Tim Cook’s announcement last week that he is gay.

The monument, which is in the shape of an oversize iPhone, was located on a university campus in St. Petersburg, one of the more liberal cities in Russia, until its removal Friday.

It was put there in 2013 under the initiative of Maxim Dolgopolov, head of the holding company ZEFS, known in English as the Western European Financial Union, which cited Cook’s revelations about his sexuality in a Bloomberg Businessweek article last Thursday as the reason the company decided to remove the statue.

“Russian legislation prohibits propaganda of homosexuality and other sexual perversions among minors,” ZEFS wrote in a statement published on the Web site of Russian radio station Ekho Moskvy. “After Apple CEO Tim Cook publicly called for sodomy, the monument was dismantled pursuant to Russian federal law on the protection of children from information that promotes the denial of traditional family values.”

Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a federal law in 2013 that bans “the propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations to minors," only a few months after the iPhone monument was installed. Putin has since argued that the law is not discriminatory and is intended only to keep children safe.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't just Putin. All of the politicians had an agreement on it as well.

They need to protect the kids from the gays.

Deleted
    What appears to be the problem?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Game Over View Post
    Intolerance and bigotry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Intolerance and bigotry.
    Should people not be allowed to decide for themselves what they want? Fascist.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-11-04 at 02:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you stupid?

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-11-04 at 02:52 PM.

sometimes it depresses me how much prejudism still exists in UK, USA, etc but then something like this reminds me how bad it is elsewhere... but then I read something like this link and it makes me smile

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Are you stupid?
    No, are you?

Just because others have another view on things than you do it doesn't mean it's bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    “Russian legislation prohibits propaganda of homosexuality and other sexual perversions among minors,” ZEFS wrote in a statement published on the Web site of Russian radio station Ekho Moskvy. “After Apple CEO Tim Cook publicly called for sodomy, the monument was dismantled pursuant to Russian federal law on the protection of children from information that promotes the denial of traditional family values.”
    Does the statue have "Go have gay sex, it's awesome - Tim Cook" written on it in Russian? Otherwise the mental acrobatics needed to reach their conclusion should win a gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, are you?

Just because others have another view on things than you do it doesn't mean it's bad.
    A view that being gay is wrong? How the fuck is that not bad? Even kids and retards know that being gay is fine and hurts noone. They also know that people don't just turn gay by looking at a monument. "Gay propaganda"? How the fuck can anyone be so stupid?

Deleted
    A view that being gay is wrong? How the fuck is that not bad?
    Is it bad just because you think it's wrong? Any other view than your own on what's good, is bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, are you?

when can gayhate not be bad?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    when can gayhate not be bad?
    See my post above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it bad just because you think it's wrong? Any other view than your own on what's good, is bad?
    It's hateful and ignorant and gay people in Russia have to hide their sexuality and be afraid constantly because of idiots like you.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-11-04 at 02:51 PM.

Deleted
    It's hateful and ignorant and gay people in Russia have to hide their sexuality and be afraid constantly because of idiots like you.
    Because of people like me? I haven't said anything about what I think of people with that sexual orientation.

Deleted
    A victory for our way of life, qq moar!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because of people like me? I haven't said anything about what I think of people with that sexual orientation.
    Well, you are defending this completely insane thing which makes people assume that you agree with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    A victory for our way of life, qq moar!
    Yes, long live the gayhate train choo choo.

Deleted
    Well, you are defending this completely insane thing which makes people assume that you agree with it.
    I'm not defending anything.

Deleted
    Putins best friend is Aslan to be fair.