Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Game Over View Post
    I'm not defending anything.
    Could have fooled me. Anyway, hating gay people is not a "view". Having a law that forbids "gay propaganda" is not a "view". It's retarded. It clearly indicates that the entire Russian government and most of the population have the idea that people can just turn homosexual by looking at certain things. How fucking idiotic is that..

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I don't understand why he "came out" like this anyway? Who cares if the Apple CEO likes boys or girls? Why tell us? Just make my fuggin' iTunes read my iPod w/o me having to tear out my hair dammit!
    They could have removed it on the grounds of "fuck apple" I think it would cause maybe "slightly" less upset...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Could have fooled me. Anyway, hating gay people is not a "view". Having a law that forbids "gay propaganda" is not a "view". It's retarded. It clearly indicates that the entire Russian government and most of the population have the idea that people can just turn homosexual by looking at certain things. How fucking idiotic is that..
    It's retarded and idiotic because you don't agree with it? Oh my, how polarized you are in your way to handle people with different views than your own.

Should people not be allowed to decide for themselves what they want? Fascist.
    You are free to be a hateful bigot, but that does not mean that your opinion is just as valid as someone else's, it just means you are allowed to have one. And you certainly should not get upset if someone calls you a bigot. Your opinion is one which is based on ignorance and hatred, which is your choice. Yes, you have a choice to be an ignorant moron, and you have done just that... gotta love freedom.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's retarded and idiotic because you don't agree with it? My, how polarized you are in your way to handle people with different opinions than your own.
    No, it's idiotic because it doesn't make sense for fuck's sake. Use common sense. It's right up there with people who thinks watching Spongebob will turn their kids gay. Sexuality is a part of you, you are born with it. It doesn't fucking change...

So, Tim Cook is gay, therefore they remove a statue of Steve Jobs(?!). Wow, even for bigots that's an exceptionally dumb thing to do.

Deleted
    Should people not be allowed to decide for themselves what they want? Fascist.
    Should murderers not be allowed to decide for themselves whether they want to murder people? No.
    Should rapists not be allowed to decide for themselves whether they want to rape people? No.
    Should bigots not be allowed to decide for themselves whether they want to oppress people? No.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    No, it's idiotic because it doesn't make sense for fuck's sake. Use common sense. It's right up there with people who thinks watching Spongebob will turn their kids gay. Sexuality is a part of you, you are born with it. It doesn't fucking change...
    Different view points often don't make any sense. You think it's bad because you've been brought up to think it's bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Should murderers not be allowed to decide for themselves whether they want to murder people? No.
    Should rapists not be allowed to decide for themselves whether they want to rape people? No.
    Should bigots not be allowed to decide for themselves whether they want to oppress people? No.
    They're already doing that and you can't stop them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it bad just because you think it's wrong? Any other view than your own on what's good, is bad?
    Let me guess, you just finished your first philosophy 101 class?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

*shrug* If you want to win you're gonna have to try harder than this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Let me guess, you just finished your first philosophy 101 class?
    I haven't taken any philosophy class. I'm annoyed by how people accept everything a nanny state tells them and think it's their own opinion and not what they've been taught to think. They just repeat what they've been brought up to think.

Lol you guys just wait for it. They will ban all of Apple production at this rate. The logic is quite simple here - CEO of Apple is gay => all ppl who use Apple product are latent gay supporters. As stupid as it looks - it is so. And it will go on, cause if go outside and try asking ppl about their opinion regarding gays, most of them will not be slighty tolerant, yet most of them use Apple products.

Like it or not, gays are something Russia doesn't like and it's not just government. Of course there are few latent backminers who try to fight gays with a fire in their heart just to conceal their desires, yet there is nothing can be done by foreign forces. It's totally something to be decided within the country and you can hate it as much as you want - it won't do any help.

No, are you?

Just because others have another view on things than you do it doesn't mean it's bad.
    Moral relatavism is never good grounds for an argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't taken any philosophy class. I'm annoyed by how people accept everything a nanny state tells them and think it's their own opinion and not what they've been taught to think. They just repeat what they've been brought up to think.
    The statement "but WHY..." can only take you so far before all you're doing is asking the same question without providing any actual insight.

Profundity is easy enough to fake, but you have to change it up every now and again.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Moral relatavism is never good grounds for an argument.
    It's not moral relativism, if you had read my previous post.

Deleted
    Oh? and aren't you repetaing the same stupid things every bigoted and ignorance person say ? Yes, you are, you are not original, you are just an homophobe like every other homophobe, you probably are secretly gay or have insecurities about your sexuality, you think gay men are lesser people that don't deserve any rights. Yes, we don't need you to say explicitly those things, because we can see through your lines.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Oh? and aren't you repetaing the same stupid things every bigoted and ignorance person say ? Yes, you are, you are not original, you are just an homophobe like every other homophobe, you probably are secretly gay or have insecurities about your sexuality, you think gay men are lesser people that don't deserve any rights. Yes, we don't need you to say explicitly those things, because we can see through your lines.
    I don't care about what someones sexuality is.

The bigger question on my mind is why the hell is there a Russian monument for Steve Jobs?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    I don't care about what someones sexuality is.
    Then why you took care of posting here? The entire news is about intolerance against different sexualities.

Deleted
    Game over has a point, Just because YOU view something (anything) as bad, does not mean others in the world also view it as that. he never said gay was good or bad but you calling him stupid because of what he said makes you look worse.