Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Arizona professor claims U.S. military 'greater threat' to peace than ISIS

Is he a mmoc poster?

arizona-professor-claims-us-military-as-bad-as-isis/

An Arizona college professor charged that American soldiers are anti-Muslim rapists who pose "a greater threat" to world peace than ISIS, and says he leveled the charge to make the U.S. "stronger and better."

University of Arizona instructor Musa al-Gharbi, who also is an academic affiliate at the university’s Southwest Initiative for the Study of Middle East Conflicts, made the comments in a column penned for the online forum TruthOut, and defended them when reached by The Washington Free Beacon. He called Americans "hypocritical" for expressing moral outrage at the Islamic State, which has raped, murdered and beheaded thousands of Muslims and Christians in its quest to establish a Muslim caliphate in Syria and Iraq.

“It would not be a stretch to say that the United States is actually a greater threat to peace and stability in the region than ISIS — not least because U.S. policies in Iraq, Libya and Syria have largely paved the way for ISIS’ emergence as a major regional actor,” al-Gharbi wrote in the article titled, “How Much Moral High Ground Does the U.S. Have Over ISIS?”

Al-Gharbi claimed that the isolated instances of U.S. soldiers committing atrocities including rape, for which they face court-martial and imprisonment if found guilty, are on a level with the widespread and systematic brutality of Islamic State radicals.

“Many of the same behaviors condemned by the Obama administration and used to justify its most recent campaign into Iraq and Syria are commonly perpetrated by U.S. troops and are ubiquitous in the broader American society,” al-Gharbi wrote. “U.S. soldiers and contractors have and continue to torture their enemies, often taking obscene photos to brag about and reminisce upon their acts.”

Al-Gharbi also claimed that the U.S. military has been “heavily infiltrated by white supremacists, neo-Nazis, and other hate groups.”

Al-Gharbi has written previously for Al Jazeera, including a column in July blaming Israel for provoking Hamas into firing rockets into Israel so it could invade Gaza.

The University of Arizona's Southwest Initiative for the Study of Middle East Conflicts distanced itself from al-Gharbi’s writings in an email to the Free Beacon.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

University of Arizona instructor Musa al-Gharbi
    Not at all biased then.

Hey - we've already had the claim that gamers are worse than ISIS, so what's this if not an upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Not at all biased then.
    Being from the middle east means he's biased?

Based on what his previous articles have said I would have to say that this "professor" is nothing more then an ISIS sympathizer.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfyre27 View Post
    Based on what his previous articles have said I would have to say that this "professor" is nothing more then an ISIS sympathizer.
    Such as?

10char

The only thing shocking is the state that's coming out of. But best of luck to him with those gunfolks in Arizona.

Deleted
    Do people still believe world peace is attainable

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch Son of Gods View Post
    Nothing we didn't already know tbh. Just sad that people keep repeating it and nobody seems to listen.
    This /10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    We're closer now than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    We're closer now than ever before.
    ...US just needs to spread a bit more freedom© and democracy©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Not at all biased then.
    Unlike you, pal...

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it the case that we currently have a record low of wars being waged across the planet? Which is either cause for celebration or rather depressing, depending on which way you look at it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    But best of luck to him with those gunfolks in Arizona.
    And what are you expecting the "gunfolks" to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Isn't it the case that we currently have a record low of wars being waged across the planet? Which is either cause for celebration or rather depressing, depending on which way you look at it.
    I would argue less wars but more tension

10+ Year Old Account
    This is nothing new. The "Hate America First" crowd's home is in academe.

More tension than when? The Cold War? The lead up to WW2? The lead up to WW1? That's pretty much the last 100 years right there.

I think this professor, Mr Musa al-Gharbi, wants to fight for ISIS but lacks the courage.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    *fewer

Tension perhaps considering back then we just use to begin killing each other instead, although the past century has been pretty awful. I want to say there was more exploitation back then too, but I'm not sure that's true. Rather it's better masked.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I think this professor, Mr Musa al-Gharbi, wants to fight for ISIS but lacks the courage.
    Criticized the US? Must be a traitor