Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    Feral (http://elvinelol.com/forums/showthre...g-Guide&p=6681)

/thread

Edit: if you don't feel like watching all the videos, 4:24:15 was the total time to level as feral druid with engineering. Yes, that's less than 4.5 hours.
    Now have someone equally geared and skilled do it as balance vs release traffic and then show me the feral out ahead.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Feral (http://elvinelol.com/forums/showthre...g-Guide&p=6681)

/thread

Edit: if you don't feel like watching all the videos, 4:24:15 was the total time to level as feral druid with engineering. Yes, that's less than 4.5 hours.
    Hey Tibben,

Quick side question - been watching ur videos (which are great btw) and just go a question about using running wild vs a normal mount. Is there an advantage to it over a mount? And if there is/are, could u list them here pls?

Thanks.

IMHO a feral is one of the best leveling specs because they can just pull so much and not die. The only perk to balance is they can pull from a distance, but so can feral, you just shift out of cat form and moonfire.

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Hey Tibben,

Quick side question - been watching ur videos (which are great btw) and just go a question about using running wild vs a normal mount. Is there an advantage to it over a mount? And if there is/are, could u list them here pls?

Thanks.
    Not my vids. All credit to Elvinelol and Polihayse. I modeled my leveling off his but my best attempt was just over 5 hours. As far as I'm aware there is no real advantage on mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Now have someone equally geared and skilled do it as balance vs release traffic and then show me the feral out ahead.
    I'd love to see a balance beat that time. And I'm not saying that sarcastically. If you truly think balance will beat feral in a release day speed leveling competition then get out there and prove it. I haven't seen a time faster than this one yet, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. Release day traffic will definitely factor in and certainly makes things more challenging for melee, so best of luck to all of you
    Last edited by tibben; 2014-11-10 at 07:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not my vids. All credit to Elvinelol and Polihayse. I modeled my leveling off his but my best attempt was just over 5 hours. As far as I'm aware there is no real advantage on mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to see a balance beat that time. And I'm not saying that sarcastically. If you truly think balance will beat feral in a release day speed leveling competition then get out there and prove it. I haven't seen a time faster than this one yet, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. Release day traffic will definitely factor in and certainly makes things more challenging for melee, so best of luck to all of you
    I've not played beta enough to go for that sort of time, but I'll be sure to update it once I ding
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Starfall all of the things

Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    Staying Guardian, run around gather up all the mobs in an area and killing them all instantly, losing no health.
    ..and screwing up the day for everyone else. Almost all quest mobs have some kind of instant respawn function and the more of them people are keeping alive the slower they respawn.

Balance will literally kill EVERYTHING in the first zone with starfall. Personally I know that I will level substantially faster than melee in general because range. I'm sure Xtramuscle will be smashing the life out of anything that moves with starfall as will I.

Quote Originally Posted by madmanx View Post
    ..and screwing up the day for everyone else. Almost all quest mobs have some kind of instant respawn function and the more of them people are keeping alive the slower they respawn.
    Blame Blizzard for making leveling via dungeons/LFD inefficient on the XP side of things and just generally a bad idea due to Garrison related things being tied into questing and zone exploration. Not to mention that there is only 4 dungeons from 90-100.

I was planning to level through dungeons like I do every expansion since I play Guardian but Blizzard doesn't want people doing that anymore so I'm just going to tag the whole zone and then proceed to take like 5 minutes to drop them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozoi View Post
    Blame Blizzard for making leveling via dungeons/LFD inefficient on the XP side of things and just generally a bad idea due to Garrison related things being tied into questing and zone exploration. Not to mention that there is only 4 dungeons from 90-100.

I was planning to level through dungeons like I do every expansion since I play Guardian but Blizzard doesn't want people doing that anymore so I'm just going to tag the whole zone and then proceed to take like 5 minutes to drop them all.
    ...with no ground aoe, aoe taunt or auto aggro mechanics... yes, ofc you will.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    ...with no ground aoe, aoe taunt or auto aggro mechanics... yes, ofc you will.
    Pretty sure moonfire is available to me in Guardian Spec and FF has a short CD and is insta cast. I had great success tagging frogs with 30-40 people farming them just by using trash and FF.