Poll: poll

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do the sirens of police cars and fire trucks piss you off?

Mainly due to the ear piercing sounds of the sirens. As the title says. Are you one to really care about these things or not?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

10+ Year Old Account
    No.
    /10char
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Do you have a better alternative?

Deleted
    I don't like the sound of them but it's hardly like that's intended anyway. They are loud and obnoxious and because of that they do their job well.

So saying that, no - they don't piss me off.

I always get the urge to follow
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

no. they make me feel bad. i usually end up imagining depressing emergency situations. i definitely don't get mad. i just hope they get to where they need to go and whomever needs help gets it.

Only when they come down my street at 3 am and wake me up.

Though to be fair, it may not be legitimate firetrucks and ambulances, but instead some jackass with a siren of their own; most of the time when this happens, it takes too long for the siren to fade out into the distance, suggesting someone is driving slow, and I've never seen flashing lights coming in through the window when this happens. I'll try and remember to roll out of bed and go take a peek next time just to see if it's legit or some asshat trolling the neighborhood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as I open this sound, a siren goes off in my neighborhood! XD

But no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Live on a main road and my bedroom is 15-20 ft from the street, windows facing the street, no A/C in the summer. Used to live in the city as well.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    I live 500m from a city hospital.

I'm used to sirens.

Deleted
    Yes, especially when they don't need to be using them.

...nope, too busy hoping the one they're sounding for won't be in too much trouble.

I have to wonder what kind of person actually gets pissed off by the sound of sirens. Are they just extremely selfish pricks or do they believe that their use isn't legitimate?

What pisses me off is when people continue on through an intersection even though there is a speeding ambulance with its sirens blaring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Yes, especially when they don't need to be using them.
    Retained firefighter here. Only time we used sirens is to get to an incident same for full time. It is monitored and if you get caught...well lets say shit hits the fan

No, not in the slightest.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    I have to wonder what kind of person actually gets pissed off by the sound of sirens. Are they just extremely selfish pricks or do they believe that their use isn't legitimate?

What pisses me off is when people continue on through an intersection even though there is a speeding ambulance with its sirens blaring.
    I assume there's a collection of people who are just irrationally bothered by loud, high pitched sounds.

Honestly, for like the brief 5 seconds before I remember why they exist, yeah.
    Especially when they go wailing right by me walking on the side of the road.

Sometimes, I forget things!

Doesn't bother me at all. I think "omg I hope those people are okay."

LOL jk no I don't think that. But seriously, the sirens don't bother me.

YES..

Meaning - they are working as intended.

A little, though that's only because they've startled me more than once. I just grin and bear it since they serve a pretty great purpose.