Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

What's so special about Demon Hunter class?

This seems to be the common answer for the next class in WoW, if there is another class added. Why? We already have a Hunter class.. So how exactly would a Demon Hunter be different?

Dual wield Glaives and tattooed elves are cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Isn't that what Rogues do?

Quote Originally Posted by NoClueWhatToDo View Post
    Rogues don't get blindfolds, glaives and tattoos.
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I would describe Dual wield Glaive wielding tattooed elves as huge douche canoes.

10+ Year Old Account
    If only...

Let me ask another question.

How would the play style be different than your normal Hunters.. Are they going to be a melee class? A ranged and melee class? Ranged only? Are they going to be like Diablo where one of their specs will have little turrets they can place down?

They were pretty cool to play in WC3, and Illidan in WoW is like Daryl in The Walking Dead. I guess people just like their looks but I honestly don't want to see them as a playable race.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I would describe Dual wield Glaive wielding tattooed elves as huge douche canoes.
    I would agree, just giving the real reason most want them no matter what people say to the contrary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me ask another question.

How would the play style be different than your normal Hunters.. Are they going to be a melee class? A ranged and melee class? Ranged only? Are they going to be like Diablo where one of their specs will have little turrets they can place down?
    Well... they would be more like Illidan (melee class, maybe with a caster/range spec)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    They were pretty cool to play in WC3, and Illidan in WoW is like Daryl in The Walking Dead. I guess people just like their looks but I honestly don't want to see them as a playable race.
    Noone wants the Demon Hunters as a playable race

Deleted
    People want to be Illidan.

Me included.

Rogues don't get blindfolds, glaives and tattoos.
    Vision of sargeras and warglaives of azzinoth duh minus tattoos
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    This seems to be the common answer for the next class in WoW, if there is another class added. Why? We already have a Hunter class.. So how exactly would a Demon Hunter be different?
    Shit, demon hunters aren't hunters. They don't fight with ranged weapons, they don't tame pets. They are like this dude.

Fucking badass half-demons that wield glaives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Vision of sargeras and warglaives of azzinoth duh minus tattoos
    Not in lore.

Demon hunters are nothing to do with hunters, they're a melee class that use some fel magic. All of their trademark abilities have been given to other classes though, especially metamorphosis being the core of demonology, Blizzard wouldn't do that if they had any intention of making them playable at the time. Unless they've had a big change of heart since Wrath I wouldn't hold your breath for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post
    Demon hunters are nothing to do with hunters, they're a melee class that use some fel magic. All of their trademark abilities have been given to other classes though, especially metamorphosis being the core of demonology, Blizzard wouldn't do that if they had any intention of making them playable at the time. Unless they've had a big change of heart since Wrath I wouldn't hold your breath for them.
    Admittedly they are going to revamp Demonology next xpac. Could possibly see them taking that away and giving to Demon Hunter.

Disclaimer: I don't want demon hunters, just stating how it's possible

I think you're thinking of D3 demon hunters, which are a completely different beast than wow demon hunters.

Illidan was probably the most popular hero of the entire series, and he was a demon hunter. Demon hunters were extremely popular and people wanted to see them as a class since the launch of the game. There's actually demon hunters on the vanilla box screenshots.

That's why you often see demon hunters because they're probably the most popular hero class from wc3 that never happened.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Oglaf View Post
    Not in lore.
    "Not in lore" - lol, in the lore you killed Illidan in Black Temple? In the lore you killed Deathwing and stopped sundering? What about closing the Sunwell? Do you want any of the Blizzard writers to write a special book about ONLY YOU?

We're heroes of the Azeroth, we write our own lore, it's mmoRPG, you can wear Vision of Sargeras and Glaives and claim yourself as a Demon Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Oglaf View Post
    Fucking badass half-demons that wield glaives.
    I'm pretty sure that not every demon hunter was half-demon.

OT:
    I don't want demon hunter class, we will see many "IlladenDH/IlidarriMaster" people like we had in wotlk(artasdk/arthassdedknait etc.). I don't want any new class anyway.

Keep in mind that Demon Hunters are closest to Rogues/Warlocks, not Hunters, that's just a "title". Just as SUV-Sport Utility Vehicle, though I didn't really see many SPORT Suv cars.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2015-07-27 at 03:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    "Not in lore" - lol, in the lore you killed Illidan in Black Temple? In the lore you killed Deathwing and stopped sundering? What about closing the Sunwell? Do you want any of the Blizzard writers to write a special book about ONLY YOU?

We're heroes of the Azeroth, we write our own lore, it's mmoRPG, you can wear Vision of Sargeras and Glaives and claim yourself as a Demon Hunter.
    True, you can also do the same with a Warrior and get Shadowmorne and claim yourself as a Death Knight

I'm pretty sure that not every demon hunter was half-demon.
    Na, but every demon hunter had a demon inside of them

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Na, but every demon hunter had a demon inside of them
    Any sources of that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Any sources of that?
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Demon_hunte..._and_abilities

Check the Race and Initiation part (also the Development and abilities is pretty interesting -how they become more demon like with the time-)