Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Anyone who believes the issues the British (Myself included) have regarding the E.U. are entirely centered around Immigration is foolish.
    Unfortunately we have an entire political party based around it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    And? £5bn Isn't worth putting up with the shit they give us and losing what's left of our culture in the progress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    And? £5bn Isn't worth putting up with the shit they give us and losing what's left of our culture in the progress.
    What binge drinking, complaining about the rain and having roast beef on a Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Unfortunately we have an entire political party based around it.
    Forgive me, but I personally don't see UKIP as a Political Party when their only talking point is immigration. I view them more as; "A Union of Grumpy Men in a Pub whining about people going back to their own country, and refusing to view facts and figures that refute most of their concerns".

Though, I suppose UKIP flows off the tongue better then that...

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Interesting. I wonder what the figures are in the US, since there are always talk that "immigrants are stealing our jobs".
    Not sure about the figures, but I'd bet the effect is the same.

Whining about migration is often not about actual economics but more about xenophobia.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I wouldn't go that far, but £5bn really isn't a lot at all. Immigration should really bring is far, far more then that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    What binge drinking, complaining about the rain and having roast beef on a Sunday?
    What's wrong with a Sunday roast? Do you eat a croissant instead?

You people disgust me.

I wouldn't go that far, but £5bn really isn't a lot at all. Immigration should really bring is far, far more then that.
    Still defeats the argument that they're all takers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    What's wrong with a Sunday roast? Do you eat a croissant instead?

You people disgust me.
    I eat shreddies, while sitting on the sofa in my boxers screaming at the tv like a normal person. Take your croissant bigotry elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I don't drink, I like the rain and I don't have roast beef on sunday. Being english is so much more than that, clearly you know nothing about such things though, so I won't waste my fingers explaining them to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Still defeats the argument that they're all takers.
    Maybe not in total, of course, I personally never suspected that Immigration was a net loss for the U.K., but I'm willing to bet that'd number would be far, far higher would it not be for us having the E.U. mandated open door policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't drink, I like the rain and I don't have roast beef on sunday. Being english is so much more than that, clearly you know nothing about such things though, so I won't waste my fingers explaining them to you.
    He's a Crystal Palace fan, and as nobody outside England would choose that life of abject misery, he's obviously English.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the study account for British citizens that are forced into welfare after they get pushed out of work by low wage immigrants? I'd hazard a guess that those welfare payments are attributed to the British population and not the immigrants. Net taxation is a pretty poor way to asses the over all effect on the economy.

A far better measure would be to evaluate the net economic contribution per a capita of the immigrant population. To keep the UK at the same levels of GDP per capita the net effect of each arrival would need to be at least $40 000 of economic growth.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've missed off all the important things the British invented. Like football violence.

Forgive me, but I personally don't see UKIP as a Political Party when their only talking point is immigration. I view them more as; "A Union of Grumpy Men in a Pub whining about people going back to their own country, and refusing to view facts and figures that refute most of their concerns".

Though, I suppose UKIP flows off the tongue better then that...
    Unfortunately they employed the legions of van drivers and whilst they aren't a political threat, enough will possibly vote for them to make you facepalm really hard.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Unfortunately they employed the legions of van drivers and whilst they aren't a political threat, enough will possibly vote for them to make you facepalm really hard.
    Please ... No! I just managed to pull my hand out the back of my skull after they got an M.P...

Deleted
    Quantify it for me please sir.

The only thing migrants are degrading are our human decency and compassion towards others by having the audacity to live. And thats a reflection on ourselves. http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...nt-pull-factor

But go on what does being English mean to you?

(realise ive tangented off from EU migrants but heyho)

10+ Year Old Account
    Please ... No! I just managed to pull my hand out the back of my skull after they got an M.P...
    Yeah it's scarily close to me, I'm in Havering which falls into London rather than Essex but my address says Essex. Been to Clacton numerous times.

I don't drink
    Fair enough, I guess ...

I like the rain
    ... Hmm, questionable ...

and I don't have roast beef on sunday.
    *revokes citizenship* ... Get out!

address says Essex.
    Essex represent... I was born there! #RochfordBaby1991

Deleted
    If 5 billion £ isn't a lot at all, then why is Cameron making such a big fuz about the 2.1 billion?

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    If 5 billion £ isn't a lot at all, then why is Cameron making such a big fuz about the 2.1 billion?
    ... Really? You don't see the difference between earning an annual income of £5bn, and being expected to pay £2.1bn by December? Giving the U.K. a few months to find that sort of money and make the needed adjustments at local level?

Please, you're purposefully acting foolish right?