Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    "Melee is overpowered"

*Hops on Afflic Lock"

Hmm 800k dmg top of bg, 2nd place dk 380k. Hmm 30k haunt crit with full dots ticking. Hmm 110k health and 8k per sec drain life. And still spammable fear.

Yea melee are pretty strong but casters are still in it dont worry.
    Because level 90 where haunt does absurd damage is such a good point to talk from. Melees will absolutely dominate on 100, they kept all their mobility, CC and damage. Casters are struggling, some more than others but, their damage is far lower on 90, longer cast times make for easier interrupts or the need to fake more which are both a damage loss and so on and on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Why do you lie? Shadow dance, subterfuge, smokebomb,reduced CD for blind, stun poison (removed at least for now) and I probably forgot others
    Shadow dance/ subterfuge/ smokebomb are not cc. Reduced blind cd and rng poison are CC but the point was there is nothing new there to remove and rng poison is gone again in 6.0 which leaves only the old abilities the class had since classic (disarm they got later doesnt matter since we are comparing to casters )
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2014-11-07 at 01:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    smokebomb are not cc.
    What do you call an ability that prevents your target from getting heals/assistance or even preventing
    anyone outside the smokebomb to attack you if they are outside the smokebomb?

One might say you are actually controlling a crowd of people...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    What do you call an ability that prevents your target from getting heals/assistance or even preventing
    anyone outside the smokebomb to attack you if they are outside the smokebomb?

One might say you are actually controlling a crowd of people...
    Think of the bubble from paladin, it prevents all damage -same as disarming the opponent but you don't call the bubble cc, only disarm.
    Smoke is like a placeable wall - it prevents line of sight with the added bonus of being onesided.

edit: Another comparison would be anti-magic shield from DK. Does exactly the same job as smoke for magic but also not considered CC afaik. They also both share a clear distinction from classic CC in wow : they are on no DR timer.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2014-11-07 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    rogue pretty much didnt change since bc. Unlike other classes they didn't get any cc upgrades from bc to mop so why would you expect them to get donwgrades.
    you forgot the nerf to cheap shot/kidney shot sharing the same DR. Before cataclysm, rogue could lock someone 10 sec after breaking stealth.
    Blind and sap also got nerfed althought it is not a rogue specific nerf but a general PvP nerf. Their max duration is 8 sec but it applies to all CC in game. Before catacysm, they lasted much longer.

No no no no guys, it's cool.

You can be locked out of all Magic schools while still being susceptible to snares, stuns, slows and incapacitates.

Melee just shouldn't be able to not deal damage during Disarms cuz, ya know, that's not fun gameplay.

/sr

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vivi168 View Post
    you forgot the nerf to cheap shot/kidney shot sharing the same DR. Before cataclysm, rogue could lock someone 10 sec after breaking stealth.
    Blind and sap also got nerfed althought it is not a rogue specific nerf but a general PvP nerf. Their max duration is 8 sec but it applies to all CC in game. Before catacysm, they lasted much longer.
    Wait.

Are you trying to tell me that Rogue control has suffered in some way?

If you were, I'd have to call you fucking nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainn View Post
    I think rogues are the only problem left. The fact that they were able to keep their entire tool kit kind of ruined the whole idea behind toning down CC. I could see if their damage was hampered in any way, but it's not.
    Pre-MoP Rogues were a control class. In MoP the new talent system meant everyone got new CC tools, so effectively everyone was a control class. Kinda left Rogues behind.

After the disarmament Rogues get their niche back. Rogue CC is actually fairly well balanced, they have to sacrifice DPS resources to stun.

Though personally I think they could've justifiably scrapped Gouge in particular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Wait.

Are you trying to tell me that Rogue control has suffered in some way?

If you were, I'd have to call you fucking nuts.

Not in any way. I was just replying to the other guy that said rogue did not get negative changes.

Rogue is still a control god in this game.

not sure Why they can't give each class 1 cc and 1 def cd

Because this might work on shooters like TF2 or Loadout etc and not in an MMO. The reason why this works in those games is because those games require alot of player skill and can get away with less amount of cc and abilities because they wont get boring without them since the elemental gameplay in general is already very interesting and involving. On MMO games this is not the case, when youre basically reduced to damage vs healing and very few cc abilities and cooldowns. I would love to see more large cooldowns though so people will have to think about when to use them again instead of just blasting away on nearly every new fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    HoJ is also still as scary as ever D:
    HoJ/FoJ have long cooldowns and can be dispelled.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    rogue pretty much didnt change since bc. Unlike other classes they didn't get any cc upgrades from bc to mop so why would you expect them to get donwgrades.

Here's why you can use statements like this to defend that class:

The changes rogue has gone through since tbc have allowed more forgiveness with gap closing / re-stealthing and using stealth abilities. This means they have more ways to apply their cc than they did years ago..it also means it takes less skill to land them.

Saying that the amount and length of their cc has changed minimally...is not a valid argument for why they should not be tweaked.