Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Leveling Pets? 1-25?

Hey all, what's the best/fastest way to power level other pets from 1-25? I have like 5 level 25s now, but I want to level a bunch more. I used to level with a moth in Vale, but ever since 5.4, it's kinda slow.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    level Annubisath Idol + Emerald Proto-Whelp to 25 and you can use them to powerlevel your other pets with daily tamers in pandaria, with hat + food you should do 1-25 in 4 dailies

What the others said. Use the pet you want to level with two level 25 pets that can take out the daily pandaria tamers (ex: rabbit pet for Thundering Pandaren Spirit, strider pet for the tamer in Valley of the Four Winds, etc). I didn't count how many tamer battles it takes to go 1-25, but you go 1-10 for a Pandaren Spirit battle.

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    level Annubisath Idol + Emerald Proto-Whelp to 25 and you can use them to powerlevel your other pets with daily tamers in pandaria, with hat + food you should do 1-25 in 4 dailies
    This absolutely.

I've been meaning to make a guide actually. There's about 5 or so pets you need to farm this efficiently, another recommendation I'd make is a Darkmoon Zeppelin and Gilnean Raven.

Once you get 2 pets to 25 you can get others to 25 relatively quickly by fighting random level 25 pets with your 2 carriers (you just need to hit them once with your level 1 pet to get full xp). Use that method to assemble your team designed to beat the Pandaria pet battle masters, then use those to powerlevel the rest of your pets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have 1 or 2 Flying pets the Aquatic pets around Mistfall Village are amazing for leveling pets outside of trainers.

The absolute easiest trainers to beat are Farmer Nishi (Vo4W), Burning Pandaren Spirit (Townlong Steppes), and Courageous Yon (Kun-Lai Summit). All three of those can be soloed easily with an Anubisath Idol (Crush/Sandstorm/Deflection). If you can't easily or reliably 2 or 1 pet the trainers, though, then it's not very effective.

When I don't have any trainers left that are worth doing (I do all the Cata and MoP trainers, Trixxy, Lydia, and the DMF trainers) then I grind on critters in Valley of the Four Winds with a level 25 pet that has Devour or some other kind of beast skill that heals. Feline Familiar is great for this because she also comes with Stoneskin to reduce the damage she takes. I'll usually find an area that has a couple of the patrolling 4 battle pet packs and go to town on them. Sometimes there will be an aquatic pet with them but that's not often enough to be an issue. I rarely, if ever, need to use a heal outside of battle.
    HORDE: Talinaeril @ Burning Blade
    ALLIANCE: Gorta @ Sargeras
    Warcraft Pets

Check out this link from Wowhead guides, helped me a bunch.

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2092/a-...le-pet-dailies

The fastest way to level pets is killing pandaria trainers and spirits. Anubisath idol and emerald proto drake can duo pretty much all of them with a few exceptions.

When you run out of trainers I'd go to the bmah with a P/S zandalari dino and just mow down on all the critters there. It is very good exp too for alts, 1-2 hours per level.

Deleted
    I have a question about this as well.
    I'm starting to level a bunch of pets using this method, but I also recently got the XP potion from krol. I'm not a big alt guy, but figured I may as well level a new guy for myself with this using pandaria pet battle dailies.

Only problem is, I just did the first bunch of quests (before they become dailies), and tested it out but handing in on my new too. (Sans elixir). To my disappointment I only got 115 exp for each of them.

So I'm wondering before I waste the elixir-- is this just because it's my first time doing the quests and the daiky versions will give me more exp, or has it all been nerfed to hell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamste View Post
    I have a question about this as well.
    I'm starting to level a bunch of pets using this method, but I also recently got the XP potion from krol. I'm not a big alt guy, but figured I may as well level a new guy for myself with this using pandaria pet battle dailies.

Only problem is, I just did the first bunch of quests (before they become dailies), and tested it out but handing in on my new too. (Sans elixir). To my disappointment I only got 115 exp for each of them.

So I'm wondering before I waste the elixir-- is this just because it's my first time doing the quests and the daiky versions will give me more exp, or has it all been nerfed to hell?
    The trainers and dailies are the best way to level pets - they give huge pet exp, much more efficient than just plain battling. I don't know that they are particularly good for player exp though, maybe wowhead can tell you what you can expect to gain from those.

If you want to level a toon through pet battles, then finding an area that's heavy in one particular type of pet (so you can create a team that wrecks that pet quickly) with plenty of wild pets there and just doing wild pet battles. As far as I know, that's the best way to level a TOON through pet battles, and you can level pets at the same time. If you google around you can find a few spots - personally the one I had the best success with (I took a toon from 85-90 just through pet battles) was just west of Halfhill. If you have Xu-fu he crushes those pets, and heals himself too boot, but Feline Familiar is also quite good for that as well.

Also, you probably know this already, but that potion won't work above 84, so if you are just leveling a Cata toon from 85-90 it won't be helpful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    The trainers and dailies are the best way to level pets - they give huge pet exp, much more efficient than just plain battling. I don't know that they are particularly good for player exp though, maybe wowhead can tell you what you can expect to gain from those.

If you want to level a toon through pet battles, then finding an area that's heavy in one particular type of pet (so you can create a team that wrecks that pet quickly) with plenty of wild pets there and just doing wild pet battles. As far as I know, that's the best way to level a TOON through pet battles, and you can level pets at the same time. If you google around you can find a few spots - personally the one I had the best success with (I took a toon from 85-90 just through pet battles) was just west of Halfhill. If you have Xu-fu he crushes those pets, and heals himself too boot, but Feline Familiar is also quite good for that as well.

Also, you probably know this already, but that potion won't work above 84, so if you are just leveling a Cata toon from 85-90 it won't be helpful.
    Yeah, I'm actually experimenting with this potion thing.
    Seems my theory was right as well. I'm not in a huge rush to level this new toon I made, but was worried the exp from the daily quest when handed in had been nerfed.
    I think it has, but I found out today that it scales to your character. Example being; i did the beasts of fable on my main, logged out, handed them in on my new druid, got 115exp for it (before it was the daily).
    So he got to level 2, and today I handed in the quest and he was getting 250exp from each hand in. Tomorrow I'll see if it scales up one more time before drinking the potion.

The idea is I hand them in as fast as possible and level the toon through that. I literally log in to, hand in, log out. takes about 30/40 seconds. so the 60 minutes should get me pretty far, I guess. If it works, we'll find out tomorrow

My main concern is being attacked while having the potion buff on and loosing it, which is why I'm trying it this way.

Vale of Eternal Blossoms at Mistfall Village used to be good for levelling pets. All the pets there were mostly Aquatic and usually start with a Strider, and you could have your low level out for the first pet to make sure your pet tags in for XP since the Strider would either use his heal or Pump. With hat and treat (not 50% one just 25% one) you can get 1-25 in half an hour or so, and all you would need is 2 level 25 flying pets, or even one level 25 moth, moths can pretty much solo.
    I'm not sure if they have changed it though because it was the go-to spot for pet levelling.
    And yes, pet battle dailies are good, but if you don't have the team comp for them, Mistfall is probably the best place to level your first few 25s.
    Kun-Lai is also good if you can find the packs of rabbits and have a beast pet

These are the steps I followed to get one pet to 25. Then after that you can just switch a low level pet in and out with your level 25 pet to power level them.

Grind a Mechanical Pet to Level 10. Speed up the grind by doing the early Tamer battles (follow the questline starting in Orgrimmar) to get more XP from the quest reward . Any pet with a Mechanical moveset will do, but ideally get a Rare quality one for best results. If you have a Clockwork Gnome, Darkmoon Zeppelin, Darkmoon Tonk, or Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling… use them since you’ll want to level them later anyway.

Go to Deadwind Pass and battle Arcane Eyes. These are Level 16-18 Magic type pets, which your Mechanical pet will have an advantage against. As low as Level 10, you should be able to take them down. You want to weaken and capture them. They are also good to fight because Arcane Eyes will always be by themselves… no pesky backup pets to deal with. Your objective is to weaken and capture 3 Arcane Eyes of UNCOMMON OR RARE quality. NOTE: They are above ground near Karazhan. If you're not near Karazhan, you won't see them. They also tend to spawn more frequently during night hours.

Now comes the hard part: Go to Dragonblight and look for Dragonebone Hatchlings (buzzards hanging around skeletons north of Wyrmrest Temple). These are Level 21-24 Flying type pets, which your Arcane Eyes will have a Type advantage against. The problem is they’ll always have 2 backup pets, which can and will screw you over sometimes. Keep fighting and capturing until you have at least two Uncommon (preferably Rare) Dragonbone Hatchlings.

Easy mode: Slaughter Aquatics in Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Take your Flying Pets, go to Vale of Eternal Blossoms, and fight the Eternal Striders and other Aquatic type pets all along the destroyed riverbed (TONS of them… and less competition… near Mistfall Village). Your Flying Pets will destroy these with ease. You should then have at least one pet at level 25!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can power level pets on Draenor the same ways you did on Pandaria - through trainers or through wild pet battles.

Or did you mean there aren't any good wild battle leveling spots on Draenor? I haven't looked into that at all so that could be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are going to need a couple level 25 pets at leasat to do the panda/wod pet dailies.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I haven't really done Pet Battles that much, only leveled a few pets to lvl 15 or such. Is it possible to level them all the way to 25 with these trainers in Draenor/Pandaria? I'm only interested in getting a few pets to lvl 25 to beat that quest to get the Pet Menagerie building to finish my Garrison and probably continue doing Pet Battles sometime later.

I leveled them to 15 by doing "Wild Pet Battles", against pets you find in the world and can capture, with some missions I got every now and then. Had no idea I could just use trainers to level instead?
    Yeah, as Gumboy mentioned you'll need at least a few pets at level 25 first. Once you have a couple pets, assuming they are the right ones (you'll have to look up what pets are commonly used to 2-pet trainers) then 2 pets with 1 leveling pet for trainers is the fastest way to gain experience and level up pets. Its kind of slow going to get your first several pets to 25, but once you have a decent little group then its easy and the more you have the easier it gets to use 2-pet strategies. After a while, using the 50% pet experience treats that you can get I was leveling a pet in 4 trainer battles, or about 15 minutes a day for 1 pet to go from 1-25.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, work your way through all of the trainers so you can get the 40 trainer achievement which rewards you a safari hat that gives you 10% bonus pet experience when equipped.

Deleted
    i really want to get into pet battling, but i feel i never have the time its like having another game, best finish pokemon x to free some time up ha. ^.^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Hey all, what's the best/fastest way to power level other pets from 1-25? I have like 5 level 25s now, but I want to level a bunch more. I used to level with a moth in Vale, but ever since 5.4, it's kinda slow.
    I suspect it's what it was in MoP: find two pet combos that can defeat all bosses, particularly those in Pandaria. Warcraftpets.com has a forum with an awesome guide detailing such combos. As the first person to reply to you said, the Idol and Emerald Proto-drake will take you VERY far on this road. The addon rematch is fantastic for saving your teams and automatically loading them for the relevant trainer.

I don't think WoD is a great place for power leveling. You can't fly, there are way fewer trainers than in Pandaland (don't forget the pandaren spirits) and the trainers often seem harder to beat than MoP ones, requiring more specific counters.

For casual pet battles, WoD is fine: my Idol and Turnip can tame and defeat all wild pets I've found (the idol pretty much solos them), which provides good XP to the carry pet as the wild ones are all level 25. But I am not sure it's the way you would power level.

7+ Year Old Account
    Striders in Vale of eternal blossoms is a AWESOME place for just this, at least one lvl 25 per day with a few minutes of work.

Got into this also , all menageries fault ))
    Got my howlbomb ! (rlly want to get to use it, if they nerf it with my luck it could happen )

As for level as someone said : All pandaria tamers can get killed with anub +1 , this one can be : someone says Raven (i level collector blue chicken has same combo) or emerald proto drake etc .

for me it was even easier , Half of the battles anub can solo , the other he can solo with luck or almost any +1 will do . Heck if you get easy tamers first even youre leveling pet can come in handy once he hits 15-19 (2 battles)

Anyway i used anub + a mechanichal guy not even op one like gnome or anything just a random mechanical pet vs some (beasts)
    Sometimes i shouldve swaped him cos some tamers had elementals instead of beasts but still it wasnt big problem .

So my advice , get anub , buy it for its well worth it . Otherwise lend from someone for 2 hours each day , or better for a week , power level youreself a good 5-6 pets and then each day tamers can get you 1-2 pets to 25 .

The garrison daily is also welcome for stones or free lvls.

That my experience so far in wod .