Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaflare View Post
    I'm not a fan of this at all. How can you justify giving us mixology but you disable the alchemy specializations? Mixology has a bigger impact on raiding than say, transmute spec does.
    I am still hoping to see some sort of transmutation cd in WoD. Otherwise I would have to retire my army of xmute alchemists :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sliippy View Post
    double duration flasks are back for alchemists. I'm so stoked, that was one thing they removed that made no sense. It's not going to give you a one up on someone else and not make alchemy a must for raiding. It's just a nice perk.

Anyone else happy about this?
    praise the titans!

Deleted
    And again blizz didnt say jackshit in beta that this will come back after being removed, but now there it is in a sneaky hotfix...so pathetic. Imo its more than a quality of life thing especially since you need BOP mats for greater flask which are stronger than normal flasks.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    wow, its not like flasks are expensive.
    ye not like flasks often shoot up to 300-500g each on xpac release, wanna throw me a stack of 20?

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    wow, its not like flasks are expensive.
    Flasks were also never as gated as they are in WoD being stuck behind BoP daily cooldowns/work orders

MoP flasks were worthless because the farm pumped near infinite amounts of mats into the system.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Instead of taking away perks they need to add them. Engi and alchemy have good fun, or convenient, perks.

Like give BS a discount on repairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    ye not like flasks often shoot up to 300-500g each on xpac release, wanna throw me a stack of 20?
    Considering you get stacks and stacks of herbs every day from your garrison im pretty sure they wont be 300-500g

Quote Originally Posted by Prokasa View Post
    Considering you get stacks and stacks of herbs every day from your garrison im pretty sure they wont be 300-500g
    herbs are not the limiting factor in flasks (the good flasks anyway) its catalysts and there is a hard cap on those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Even before, the extended flask/elixir perk surpassed the other professions in cost savings. Realistically, how often were you re-enchanting legs compared to flask usage?
    You're right about that of course, but I don't have an issue with different professions providing different levels of overall cost-savings. I don't think that everything needs to be condensed so its basically all the same profession with just different names of stuff. But, I also don't think that removing the cost-savings from other professions while keeping Mixology is a good way to go. The idea behind many/most of the changes to professions was to stop people from feeling "forced" into certain ones, but as things stand right now if you are really min/maxing your raiding character, Alchemy and Engineering have to be your 2 professions. No other professions offer any sort of benefit at all to having them on your raiding toon, but those 2 do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xether View Post
    How so? The alchemist skill essentially gives you another flask for free when you use one doesn't it? Simple fix, the mats for other professions should be cut in half.
    How so? You would have to use like 1500 flasks before you used enough "Free" ones to make it worth half of a piece of gear on the ah rofl, flasks are going for under five gold on my realm...
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    How so? You would have to use like 1500 flasks before you used enough "Free" ones to make it worth half of a piece of gear on the ah rofl, flasks are going for under five gold on my realm...
    Because halfhill farm utterly flooded the market in herbs. Wont be the case in WoD where good flasks are locked behind a BoP and cooldown gated resource.

Seems kind of odd they remove the perks of other professions and completely DESTROY engineering and then they give mixology back to alchemists.

So as far as mandatory professions go, since none of them give you any advantages anymore aside from mixology in alchemy, why wouldn't everyone be an alchemist? It may not be extra stats, but with double duration you have less flasks you must consume. It's a pretty big advantage when every other profession gives you literally nothing.

I was content with them removing all perks and bonuses and advantages to professions and having them be exclusively used for making things to sell or use, but this change doesn't make much sense to me. It would be no different than say enchanting your own gear gives you 50% of the cost materials refunded back to you when you do it. So it saves you money. Or when you bind items you make with other professions, it refunds 50% of the cost back to you. I mean that is essentially what this is doing, halving your costs.

Economical and more importantly convenience advantages are pretty big.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Ok, don't be a tard and mix up present and future tense. Obviously Mixology would be useless at the current time, along with everything else in the game. When you have a gate item limiting how long it takes you take make something much like every other profession in the game and then you essentially get two of that item for the price of one when you use it yourself, thats a pretty big deal. I don't see how think that is far at all. Like I said, everyone else should gain a benefit like this then, maybe if you use an item you make it just instantly refunds you half the mats of that item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alchemy is the new master profession for raiding? WHERE DO I SIGN UP!?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Because halfhill farm utterly flooded the market in herbs. Wont be the case in WoD where good flasks are locked behind a BoP and cooldown gated resource.
    You get 10 catalysts per day, and it takes 5 to make you a batch of 5 greater flasks. You can get an additional catalysts via work orders (and more on top of that if you assign an alchemy follower to the building once it hits level 2). Note that greater flasks recipies are exclusive to alchemists (you cannot create them through the garrison alchemist).

You can also get additional catalysts via mining/herbing/skinning http://wod.wowhead.com/item=120945#comments and turning them in for catalysts at a rate of 10:1.
    Last edited by blackblade; 2014-11-11 at 01:25 AM. Reason: clarity