Deleted

Wednesday November 12th, Garrosh mount dropchance?

pretty much /10char.

Assuming Blizzard will do some extensive maintenance between tue-wed during the regular downtime to get everything up and running for the WoD release, I am wondering what the dropchance for Garrosh mount will be on Wednesday while WoD is going live at midnight.

Will the switch from 100% to 1% be during the maintenance? i.e. this is the last week, or will there still be a chance to get it on wednesday the 12th before midnight?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    The drop rate went down with 6.0 to 1%
    No, it did not. Still 2 guaranteed on Mythic.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Really? So, my 20-man team got 6 mount drops in 3 garrosh kills the past 3 weeks. We hit that 0.01^6 luck streak?

10+ Year Old Account
    You may want to delete this post to prevent yourself from looking foolish.

The exact drop rate of the Juggernaut mount after WoD release is unknown, but likely to be in the range of 1-2%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    You may want to delete this post to prevent yourself from looking foolish.
    lol even comparing just to my own history of posts, that doesn't even register on the foolishness scale ... haha
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    So... 5 replies, none answering my question! Awesome

That doesn't make sense ... I could have sworn they said it would be 1% with 6.0 since in essence, it would be easier.
    Two per week, 100% chance. They said it'd go away with Warlords, not with the prepatch as Invincible and Mimiron's did.

It'll be 100% until it's possible to level to 100. It'll likely be 2% after that point.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrCool View Post
    You have all the information necessary in this thread to come to your own conclusion. Use that product of 4.5 billion years of evolution to figure out the answer.

Drop rate during 5.4 -> 100%
    Drop rate during 6.0 -> 100%
    Drop rate during WoD -> 1-2%
    Drop rate before WoD -> ????

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrCool View Post
    Only one way to find out.
    Retired in WoD

I'm confused, aren't those the same thing?
    Yes.... twice in one thread now

OP just put a ticket in and ask. Or Tweet one of the CMs
    Ticket in is not guaranteed a response, they're as likely to be as correct as you in this thread - do not trust a GM's word on game advice (in the rare times they give it). Tweeting is a waste of time when it's already answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I'm confused, aren't those the same thing?
    Yes, they are.

your question has been answered more than once. It will be 100% drop for one more lockout because you will be able to raid before the expansion goes live. When WoD is live, it will be reduced to 1 or 2%.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    You have all the information necessary in this thread to come to your own conclusion. Use that product of 4.5 billion years of evolution to figure out the answer.

Drop rate during 5.4 -> 100%
    Drop rate during 6.0 -> 100%
    Drop rate during WoD -> 1-2%
    Drop rate before WoD -> ????
    You seem to have missed some steps in those 4.5 billion years of evolution if you think the correct way to respond to a question in this derogatory manner with an oversimplification of the situation that you don't seem to grasp.

Considering that Blizzard in the past required restarts to adjust drop rates it stands to reason that they will push those changes through during the last (scheduled) restart before WoD goes live, which is maintenance tue>wed. Ofcourse adjusting drop rates isn't the only change related to the release of WoD, which further speaks to the necessity of a restart. For example, the entire 'check' of 'has draenor expack and is allowed through the portal' isn't even activated at the moment. The portal is still disabled. This, for example, surely requires a restart. In previous expansions they did this with the equivalent of the 6.0.2 patch but seem to have postponed that this time.

There is still work to be done during tuesdays maintenance. It stands to reason that Blizzard pushes the change in drop rate through at this point as well.

It seems to me that for you, posting an answer, any answer, is more important than actually helping out and posting the correct answer with any amount of cerebral processing behind it. And that is just incredibly sad.
    Last edited by mmoc042b88f2f8; 2014-11-07 at 12:32 AM.

Considering that Blizzard in the past required restarts to adjust drop rates it stands to reason that they will push those changes through during the last (scheduled)
    No? fairly sure we've had drop rates adjusted many times via hotfix. And no, we don't need a server restart on launch either...
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    No? fairly sure we've had drop rates adjusted many times via hotfix. And no, we don't need a server restart on launch either...
    Yeah they don't need restarts to fix loot tables, also the loot change is most likely already coded > 00:01 on WoD release day and the chance will be reduced, if that's the case Garrosh doesn't even need to respawn via wipe to clear it's loot table (if it even still works like this, lots has changed)

There is no planned maintenance on the 12th but i imagine if there are more things to fix they will roll them in min 1 day before WoD launches and unless there is a gamebreaking bug the next restart should not be before the 19th for EU after that. So possibly hotfixes/restarts before the 12th but not on the 12th because we've seen how much it can break, this Week rolling restarts turned into Maintenance, followed by massive amount of server crashing until evening.