Do you think we need multistrike earlier?

I just finished leveling a second shaman, (because I'm too cheap to pay for a faction transfer), and I couldn't help but notice that my DPS as elemental felt low for the entire leveling process. I had full heirlooms, did everything perfectly, but never really came out on top of DPS unless I was a higher level than the rest of my party.

But suddenly I hit 90 and got elemental overload, and my DPS has spiked so much. Not to mention fulmination stacks so much faster now, especially with chain lightning.

I can't help but feel like this would have been so nice to have at literally any other level. Do you guys agree? Or would it be broken for some reason?

Deleted
    I say let Multistrike be a perk of lvl 90+.

From a PvE standpoint, I don't think you can really combine "leveling" and "broken" in the same sentence. But, any look at PvE leveling balance would probably have to revolve around a bunch of tests of "how may hours did it take, to level spec X, and what percentage of that time had the XP bonus? (while also factoring things like heirloom gear, and RAF bonuses)"

If you're thinking PvP, then it might be OP, but might not be. I'm not sure how much priority Blizz places on balancing PvP at every 10 level bracket. Given that you can level through PvP, I'd hope they do, but it seems like it would be a substantial challenge, to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling Elemental's absolutely abysmal pre-80 now. Not only does it not have Multi-strike available to it but Mastery's also somewhat of a late-game statistic. I leveled up to 24 the other day on one and I didn't really notice anything but I just have this odd feeling that it's going to get harder.