Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I love both cats and dogs but my current resident since 23 years(My cat) wouldn't allow another animal inside our home. I'm sure the dog could defend itself against my cat but it is not my intention to start an animal fight club. So, unfortunately I'd have to decline that offer.

Once the old kitty passes I'd like to get myself a Husky pup though.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    It depends. I'm a dog person, and in general dislike cats, but I do have a soft spot for actual useful cats. I live kind of in the boonies, its been built up a little bit since my childhood, but small rodents are still really common. I see people with cats who I worry about having a heart attack upon standing up and I wouldn't want that, but a cat who could provide part of its own food by killing rodents would be welcomed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    If it was a cat i'd accept it. I've got 2 already and I don't care what anyone says, they're just as loving as dogs. They follow me everywhere. They know the bed time routine and when I am going to get in bed I cant even sit into the bed and pull the covers fully up without one of them climbing ontop of me for a cuddle. So yeah, if offered a cat i'll hold my hands out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I know a lot of people who have both, but I find cats to be very unsanitary. Their litter gets everywhere in the house and the place always smells like ammonia. Instead, I opted for two cat-like dogs that clean themselves and are so prissy they avoid water and mud.
    What kind of litter are you using? The litter I use traps the smell and haven't had any problems with it getting taken anywhere either.

I'm not a huge fan of dogs and I already have a cat. I'd decline if I was offered one.

Accept. I love both dogs and cats and own both.

I have 2 cats, but as much as i like dogs, i probably wouldn't take one. Way too much work compared to a cat, the taxes cost a fuckton in addition to other shit (compared to cats), and im not sure if my cats would get along with a dog.

Yes. It would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal tastes? Sure, I like dogs.

But practicality? No way.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Whats messed up is my pet hierarchy goes Rats>Cat>Dogs. It is pretty crazy to see a rat try and rape a cat then bite a dobermans balls and see the cat and dog cower in terror.
    You'd cower in the corner if a rat tried to rape you and then bit your privates

I have both cats and dogs, so that's not an issue. The type of animal does not really matter. It's mannerisms around my existing animals and kids are more important. So, I'd ask if I could have the animal over for a few days to see if he/she fits in. If so, then all is good. If not, then nope.

Of course, if it is an emergency situation (person is moving, animal is being mistreated, etc...), then I'd accept and figure out how to make it work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
    You'd cower in the corner if a rat tried to rape you and then bit your privates
    No, It's Rich. He pays good money for that type of treatment.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

If I could afford it, and I knew my pet wouldn't flip out/be a dick or the new pet do the same then sure! <3 pets, haven't been able to have one in like 8 years due to living in apartments.

Deleted
    Getting a dog wouldn't be fair on my cats, so no.

Also dogs are too much effort.

Deleted
    No issues with money? Sure. I'd accept a whole shelter's worth of both cats and dogs if I knew I could afford to care for them, space included.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    No issues with money? Sure. I'd accept a whole shelter's worth of both cats and dogs if I knew I could afford to care for them, space included.
    Same here.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    What kind of litter are you using? The litter I use traps the smell and haven't had any problems with it getting taken anywhere either.
    ^^^ This. If you don't go cheapskate on the brand of litter, and clean the litterbox regularly, you shouldn't be able to 'smell' a cat. Sounds like you got lazy/dirty/unsanitary friends

Currently I can't have pets where I live, but hoping to change that soon to allow at least a cat, although I do like dogs. Cats are easier to care for in general, especially if you want to go away for the weekend.
    Last edited by Vermicious; 2014-11-07 at 06:09 PM. Reason: comma overload

10+ Year Old Account
    As a dog owner, no. My dogs would shred a cat the minute it entered the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    As a dog owner, no. My dogs would shred a cat the minute it entered the house.
    You'd be surprised, perhaps. I've seen cats own much larger dogs. My roommate's dog is a pit bull and it's terrified of my cat.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    You'd be surprised, perhaps. I've seen cats own much larger dogs. My roommate's dog is a pit bull and it's terrified of my cat.
    Cat people tend to say things like that though, until that one time a cat gets near the dog's bowl when he's eating or the cat pushes it that one time too far than it goes down fast and ugly.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect