Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any MMO-C rogues going to Blizzcon?

I apologize that this thread will be somewhat unnecessary, feel free to lock it.

But seriously, if you are an active MMO-Champion rogue, please try to get in on one of the Q&As after the class panel, or during the open Q&A and ask them why they refuse to address the horrible state of our talents.

AND WHY DISARM TRAP WAS REMOVED.

And why Hunters have stealth, when it is the defining mechanic of the rogue class.

Any of these. Please give us a voice.

Deleted
    Thoose do not seem to be very relevant questions, to be honest.

They only target a part of the audience, and even then, target with pretty vague and unessecary questions.

Deleted
    Send out a signal and call red shirt guy!

Eh, if i were to go there, i'd have asked that questions - especially the talents one.

Started to play again yesterdy, did some mythic raiding and other than assassination playing slower and Sub being a little hectic nothing is really changed form before. Less hassle to get upgrades for sure since no more reforging.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    Thoose do not seem to be very relevant questions, to be honest.

They only target a part of the audience, and even then, target with pretty vague and unessecary questions.
    All class questions target part of the audience. Hence why I said at the class Q&A or open Q&A, where it is expected that questions won't be relevant to everyone in the audience.

Specific questions won't get us anywhere, of course we can ask "Do you have any plans to address the fact that Death from Above is a DPS loss for combat" and they will say "We'll take a look at it." and perhaps it will be fixed. That doesn't help change the other dozen or so talents that they need to look at.

The point is to reinforce the fact that rogues need serious attention by bringing it up at a place like Blizzcon, where they are forced to address that (at least part of) the rogue community is unhappy with the current state of the class. Not to get a single ability in our spellbooks fixed.

Deleted
    hunter stealth is fair game imo, keeping flare while removing trap disarm seems however... before they would destroy each other's most important tools -all fair game, now it's onesided.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2014-11-07 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    hunter stealth is fair game imo, keeping flare while removing trap disarm is seems however pretty unfair. Before they would destroy each other's most important tools, now it's onesided.
    It is not fair game.

It would be like giving rogues the ability to tame beasts they come across, but the beasts do really weak damage, or like giving mages really weak elemental totems, or giving warlocks the ability to summon ghouls and apply diseases, or warriors a talent that lets them fight with their bare fists and get drunk to avoid damage.

Stealth is the primary mechanic of the rogue class, it is completely unacceptable that it was handed out to other classes, especially hunters, who posses an entire anti-rogue kit including stealth detection and perpetual AoE anti-stealth.

Can you imagine the outrage that would ensue if rogues were given Tame Beast? It's absurd that Camo ever made it past the drawing board.

Deleted
    locks/ mages / dks have also pets. The mechanic was never unique to hunters, just more elaborate.

Btw if it comes down to it combo points that were a feral/rogue thing got also spread everywhere - pala /locks/shadow priests / monks all essentially the same system
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2014-11-07 at 02:05 PM.

Well, we all know rogues were designed very well from the start - no one can say we're not a solid and functional class. We simply deliver.

The problem is the "simply" part

And for CP, yeah, they're a pretty good mechanic - that's why it's spread through many classes (with different names ior in the form of buff/debuff stacks).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

locks/ mages / dks have also pets. The mechanic was never unique to hunters, just more elaborate.

Btw if it comes down to it combo points that were a feral/rogue thing got also spread everywhere - pala /locks/shadow priests / monks all essentially the same system
    That's was why I specifically said taming beasts.

Seeing a beast out in the wild and taming it is something completely unique to hunters.
    Summoning demons is something completely unique to warlocks, it's mechanically quite different from a hunter pet. You don't personally auto name it, it has a casted summon, it can be sacrificed, it comes from a small specific list of summonable demons, healing it requires you sacrificing your own health, etc.
    Totems, multiple forms that fulfill different roles, raising the dead, using seals and judgement, using alcohol and unarmed melee, stances and rages--these are all things that form the core of classes and are generally unique (except where druids copy other classes, because that is part of their identity as jack-of-all-trades).

Stealth should have been that for rogues, but somehow it wasn't. Camo is a timed stealth on a CD, that also gives passive regen and makes hunters immune to ranged attacks. It is a more interesting version of stealth.

I agree pets are somewhat similar, but keep in mind Hunters also have a great deal more sperating them from warlocks, mages, and DKs. They are uniquely physical ranged DPS, they uniquely use ranged weapons, they uniquely (especially in WoD) have high movement ranged DPS. They uniquely have focus, pet talent specs, traps, feign death.

What makes rogues unique today?
    It isn't stealth (hunters, priests, mages). It isn't being a quick hitting "light" melee (monks, fury warriors, enhancement). It isn't high mobility (warriors, monks, hunters). It isn't stuns (nearly every class in the game). It isn't having sprint (Literally every class in the game). It isn't poisons, which are now mechanically identical to shaman enhancements and a less interesting version of exotic munitions. It isn't combo points (monks, priests, paladins). It isn't bleeds, cleaving, being able to survive mechanics that should kill every x seconds (iceblock, cauterize, purgatory), being a leather wearing warrior.

There are five things to a rogue that are unique.
    1) Pick pocket
    2) Smoke bomb
    3) Shadowstep (a talent)
    4) Using daggers

This is simply not enough, pick pocket is a minor, out of combat ability that can't even make decent money compared to AoE farming that other classes can do. Smoke bomb is great, but a long CD ability for specific situations. Shadowstep is a talent, it's absurd that our uniquess be in 1 of 21 talents.

So daggers.
    That is the current thing that makes rogues a truly unique class. And in two specs we are forced to use them without question.

Ugh... is that why I can't disarm the stupid smoke in ICC after saurfang anymore? Not that it is even needed anymore, but I do question some of the choices of what they removed from rogues. I don't think there is a class that disarm was better suited for than a rogue. But that's gone. Changing combo points to be on the rogue is a godsend, circa 6 years ago. Why we were purposely left gimped for roughly 6 years with that one I have no idea. I don't count the first 4 as it was a learning curve even for Blizz. But that change should've happened long ago, I would fire whoever came up with Redirect.
    Last edited by slime; 2014-11-07 at 03:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    There are five things to a rogue that are unique.
    1) Pick pocket
    2) Smoke bomb
    3) Shadowstep (a talent)
    4) Using daggers

This is simply not enough, pick pocket is a minor, out of combat ability that can't even make decent money compared to AoE farming that other classes can do. Smoke bomb is great, but a long CD ability for specific situations. Shadowstep is a talent, it's absurd that our uniquess be in 1 of 21 talents.

So daggers.
    That is the current thing that makes rogues a truly unique class. And in two specs we are forced to use them without question.
    You forgot positional requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    You forgot positional requirements.

I guess with feral changes that is unique too.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, we all know rogues were designed very well from the start - no one can say we're not a solid and functional class. We simply deliver.

The problem is the "simply" part

And for CP, yeah, they're a pretty good mechanic - that's why it's spread through many classes (with different names ior in the form of buff/debuff stacks).
    I have this plastered on my wall;

Wish I didn't live on almost the completely opposite side of the country otherwise i'd go and commiserate with you all and we could get drunk.

You do realize that as soon as you say "rogue" they will cut power to the mic. That being said i'll be there screaming at the top of my lungs,what are they going to do. Kick me out lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pentavelant View Post
    You do realize that as soon as you say "rogue" they will cut power to the mic. That being said i'll be there screaming at the top of my lungs,what are they going to do. Kick me out lol
    As a true rogue this is where you throw the flashbang while screaming "VANISH", then pop sprint and creep up behind their seat (positional requirement) to whisper your question in his/her ear.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a true rogue this is where you throw the flashbang while screaming "VANISH", then pop sprint and creep up behind their seat (positional requirement) to whisper your question in his/her ear.
    "Hail Hydra" / "The Lannisters pay their regards" also works.

Quote Originally Posted by pentavelant View Post
    Tell them, brother. Tell them that we lived.

How would everyone feel if all 3 specs come WoD are middle of the pack only? Should we always have one spec at the top? Do we too much survivability that middle of the pack is where we belong?

DPS rankings change during an expansion. Talent choices do so less often.
    Considering i can be assured that my position on the DPS Meters will change(up or down or any combination of those), i would love to see my talents improved.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose