Icicles do not scale against lower level content.

If anyone has noticed that it is especially painful to solo old content on your frost mage, I just discovered that icicles are not scaling at all (this was in ICC), and instead of being >10% of damage done are only around 1%.

I would tend to guess that Blizzard was afraid of icicles double dipping/possible exploits if icicles stored the scaled up damage, but they seem to have forgotten to make the icicle damage scale up on its own.

Have you tweeted Watcher about this and posted on Bug Report yet? [just wondering] Granted he'll be at Blizzcon but definitely worth passing along.

Not yet, but I have submitted the bug. I'd be surprised if they can get around to dealing with it sooner than the WoD launch with everything going on in the next week.

Yep, it's also on the dummies too. Might need to go Fire (if you have the Leech trinket and need it for some bosses like Shannox) or Arcane for soloing old stuff for now.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

On the topic of stuff not scaling in old raids, I noticed my legendary cloak proc damage is not scaled as well (ticks for like 1-2k)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZwaY View Post
    On the topic of stuff not scaling in old raids, I noticed my legendary cloak proc damage is not scaled as well (ticks for like 1-2k)
    Yes both icicles and caster legendary cloak do not scale in old content. But physical dps cloak does scale