Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    if you happen tto have it in hand you're fine, otherwise, you are pretty much screwed.
    You can say that about pretty much every mechanic/card in the game. It's awfully rare once a meta settles to not have these cards available when you need them. When it happens, it feels like it always happens...but the reality is that it happens very rarely.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    It really only requires Call Pet into Ghaz'rilla to be incredibly powerful. And if you run several damage your own minion cards - Archer, Pyro, Unstable - you have more chance to draw a viable combo with Ghaz'rilla. Then you run cards like Web Spinner, Leper Gnome, Egg, Acolyte which you also want damaged. And Tundra Rhino would probably be pretty viable in a beast deck anyway.
    It only requires Call Pet>Ghaz'rilla, but getting Call Pet>Ghaz'rilla is the most unlikely element of the combo to occur. Building deck around relying on that infinitesimal coincidence is... Less than reasonable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    It only requires Call Pet>Ghaz'rilla, but getting Call Pet>Ghaz'rilla is the most unlikely element of the combo to occur. Building deck around relying on that infinitesimal coincidence is... Less than reasonable.
    If you build a hunter deck with a general beast theme, it doesn't matter if you don't get that amazing combo. Same as if you build a deck which is themed around minions that want to be damaged. You could even do both.

Deleted
    If you build a hunter deck with a general beast theme, it doesn't matter if you don't get that amazing combo. Same as if you build a deck which is themed around minions that want to be damaged. You could even do both.
    Oh, sure, Gahz'rilla would fit well into a control/midgame beast deck, though I don't think much hunter is played aside from IN UR FACE variety at the moment.

However, claiming that the card is overpowered because one very specific and extremely unlikely combo would make it so is no argument. With that reasoning Antonidas is utterly OP because if you get him out along with 4 Sorc Apprentices you get unlimited, free fireballs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Oh, sure, Gahz'rilla would fit well into a control/midgame beast deck, though I don't think much hunter is played aside from IN UR FACE variety at the moment.

However, claiming that the card is overpowered because one very specific and extremely unlikely combo would make it so is no argument. With that reasoning Antonidas is utterly OP because if you get him out along with 4 Sorc Apprentices you get unlimited, free fireballs.
    I'm not just arguing that. I already think that his effect is incredibly powerful just as is. Combined with Call Pet it's even more powerful. And combos are a factor in card balance. Leeroy wasn't OP in isolation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by si7encer112 View Post

Hunter best class confirm for GvG, gonna be fun trying to remove this a drop 7 drop with 9 hp.
    I mean even without the legendary effect thats a solid card. It should be a 4/8 imo.

15+ Year Old Account

Hunter card!

Feign Death will trigger all existing Deathrattles on your minions as if the minion died, without the glaring drawback of actually dying. Have a Nerubian Egg in play? Now you have a Nerubian Egg AND a Nerubian! Have Sneed’s Old Shredder in play? Now you have a Sneed’s Old Shredder and a random Legendary minion! The combinations are endless, and only get more interesting with Baron Rivendare in play . . . combined with Feign Death, your minions trigger their Deathrattles twice!

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...s-deathrattle/
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Deleted
    Aggro hunter really needed this. Kappa.

- - - Updated - - -

Liking the anti-deathrattle tech though.

Deleted
    There's no pleasing this community. Deathrattle is prevalent people complain, Deathrattle counter is introduced people complain. It's not even like the Exorcist is that good, it's a tech card and rather poor if you're not up against Deathrattle. So running it in a deck is a gamble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Blizzard wanted make monies from Naxx expansions, so the cards were playtested to be strong obviously; this is the natural flow of CCGs. But the fact that they put a counter right into the next expansion is a douche move in my eyes. And All counter cards suck if you are not up against what they counter, that is not a specific drawback of the Exorcist. This card also trivializes Naxxramas heroic.
    Naxx hc was always trivial, it only took repetition and a bit of thought put into your deck.

Also, I don't think I would spare a slot for Exorcist in any of my Naxx hc dedicated decks if I had the option when I was doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Blizzard wanted make monies from Naxx expansions, so the cards were playtested to be strong obviously; this is the natural flow of CCGs. But the fact that they put a counter right into the next expansion is a douche move in my eyes. And All counter cards suck if you are not up against what they counter, that is not a specific drawback of the Exorcist. This card also trivializes Naxxramas heroic.
    I honestly don't understand the issue here. Deathrattle decks are very powerful - arguably too powerful. And GvG looks to improve DR synergy even more. Having DR counters is great, it provides variety and stops one deck from becoming too prominent.

And these counters are pretty bad in non DR matchups. The exorcist is a 3 mana 2/3, that's bad. And the Purifier is bad against DR, because it activates the enemies DRs, especially Nerubian Eggs. So running these cards is a real gamble. They'll be one ofs at best. Your DR decks aren't going anywhere don't worry.

Deleted
    I am so hyped for this !

10+ Year Old Account
    Aggro hunter really needed this. Kappa.

- - - Updated - - -

Liking the anti-deathrattle tech though.
    i don't see how the most powerful class right now needed any help.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    ^ It was sarcasm.

I honestly don't understand the issue here. Deathrattle decks are very powerful - arguably too powerful. And GvG looks to improve DR synergy even more. Having DR counters is great, it provides variety and stops one deck from becoming too prominent.

And these counters are pretty bad in non DR matchups. The exorcist is a 3 mana 2/3, that's bad. And the Purifier is bad against DR, because it activates the enemies DRs, especially Nerubian Eggs. So running these cards is a real gamble. They'll be one ofs at best. Your DR decks aren't going anywhere don't worry.
    Id like to see something like 3mana 2/4, while on the board, minions dont trigger deathrattles.