Deleted

Question Will it be competitive?

Hey everyone,

The title is actually not really accurate, because the game will definetly be competitive as the designer's themselves said, so that is not the real question. What I am concerned about is, can it be as competitive as CS or Call of Duty or to say another genre, DOTA?

I am very hyped for it, but the gameplay video looked very chaotic, definetly awesome though. But will there be pro-teams? Big competitions?

Thoughts?

Deleted
    I think it is way to early to tell.

Alot of people said that Heroes of the Storm could never be a competitive game, and now they are releasing ranked leagues and having a tournament @ Blizzcon.

People will definitely try to form teams, but whether or not it's a game that lends itself to competitive play is something we won't know until at least the beta. For me, some of those special abilities looked pretty hard to balance. If "competitive" means "team composed entirely of toon A" versus "team composed entirely of toon A" then yeah, it will get at least that far. Beyond that we'll have to see.

The issues I see are the "non-twitch" options and those aoe abilities. Id say that if it does become big the best players from other FPS genres probably won't switch over unless the prize money and sponsorship are huge.

Deleted
    I thought of the non-twitch options as a chance for people who are new to FPS, to not suffer. But you are probably right, but still it removes some aiming skill but adds skill-usage, timing and more tactics into the game.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely. WoW, Starcraft, Hearthstone, Heroes, and I dont know about Diablo. But their all competitive, successfully so. I assume it will be.