Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    What exactly is childish about it other than the actual children who are only in the trailer?
    The art style. The fact that no one got their head blown off in a FPS trailer... For example.

The only thing that bugged me about the trailer was Tracer's terrible fake accent. And maybe the kids.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Never seen a worse trailer by Blizzard. So bland, childish and without soul. It just screams "we don't care about story, setting, etc.". So why should we?
    The overall feel is the same as with HotS: cheap product with no flair whatsoever. The only idea is to make it as casual as possible.

It's not a TF2 rip-off. TF2 has class and flair this has neither.
    You got all that from a 3 minute trailer? lol. WHAT ARE THE WINNING LOTTERY NUMBERS FOR THE POWERBALL?!?!

TELL ME OH WISE ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    This is the most disappointing thing Blizzard has done since ... oh wait, HotS and Hearthstone. And like HotS, its a a copy of a ten year old game Valve did better.

Brilliant, Blizzard, you are simply brilliant in how incredibly lackluster your "brand new IPs" are.
    I don't understand this mentality. Every popular in it's current form is a copy of some former game. How can one copy a genre? It's been known that popular games begin the foundation to certain genres and future games to follow.
    Last edited by Nachturnal; 2014-11-07 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxxtreme View Post
    The art style. The fact that no one got their head blown off in a FPS trailer... For example.
    so, like wow then
    somebody call for d doctor?

Deleted
    Liked the trailer... and being a grown man in my thirties I'm not afraid that something might seem "childish"... get over yourselves.

A game can be fun without over exaggerated amounts of violence and blood and exploding heads.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Deleted
    This game has no effin soul'. F2P Fast Food. Give the kids some time with it and they will move on sooner or later.
    But thats the Zeitgeist: Just Compare the Lord of the Rings 1-3 movies 10 years ago with The Hobbit 1-3. superficiality, slapstick, fast visuals.. yay...

10+ Year Old Account
    I was rolling my eyes at how much internal hype there was built into the trailer. It felt like the trailer was desperately trying to convey how awesome it was through that little kid every 10 sec.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if they want to make an E-Rated game? Who gives a damn. It sounds like the people calling this "childish" are, in fact, the children here.

Plus, all we saw was a 5 minute trailer. Just because it looks like Pixar, doesn't mean they're selling out to Disney.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe because its a TRAILER? How about you go watch the class videos and see people get there heads blown off if that is your thing?
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    so, like wow then
    Because WoW is a fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to the MMO-Champion community, ever year is a low point for Blizzard.

If you don't want to play the game, then don't. It's a pretty simple concept that I feel I repeat too often. They don't have to cater every game they make to blood crazed orc loving neckbeards, they're opening up to a new genre that will surely have a huge audience and you don't have to be one of them if you don't want to be.

I, for one, am excited for this game because it looks really fun and reminds me of both TF2 and Monday Night Combat, which I loved both of those games.

I'm with you OP, the gameplay seems nice but the trailer, no I'm just gonna try and forget what I saw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overwatch is what remains of Titan.

Because WoW is a fps.
    He was talking about the art being cartoony, not the game genre.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Because WoW is a fps.
    Your complaint is the game is childish because of the art style. Have you played WoW? Last I checked it wasn't fucking Crysis level art.

I got what they were selling. I liked it.

Didn't like the art style though, looked like a disney movie.

Looks like a good game though, honestly. I'll play it. Not what I was expecting from Blizzard and I hope they don't stretch themselves too thin trying to juggle all of this at once.

Thought the FPS-Genre was shallow, especially after they made a moba.

A worse trailer? A WORSE TRAILER? serious me and several of my friends said if that was a movie we would watch it, it was a fantastic trailer, and got alot of us hyped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Maybe because its a TRAILER? How about you go watch the class videos and see people get there heads blown off if that is your thing?
    Diablo 3, Reaper of Souls trailer was what a trailer from Blizzard needs to be. People died. There wasn't a annoying British squeeky lady in that. There was some action. If the action of Overwatch is some smoke around the reaper guy and some bullets missing, then lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    This is the most disappointing thing Blizzard has done since ... oh wait, HotS and Hearthstone. And like HotS, its a a copy of a ten year old game Valve did better.

Brilliant, Blizzard, you are simply brilliant in how incredibly lackluster your "brand new IPs" are.
    Dota, let's be clear, was not made by valve.

In fact, most of the original Dota creators work for riot.

Still, I agree, where's the originality?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.