Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Let me just post what I posted in another thread here, because it's relevant.

Obviously Blizzards aiming to take Valve down, first they try to replace Dota 2, now they're trying to replace TF2. Next we will have a zombie FPS shooter from Blizzard, and then a story about some uh...doctor with a...sludgehammer. Yeah....

I'm kidding though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    just wait for Blizzard's 10 bucks micro-transactions
    Blizzard doesn't sell things that give you an advantage in anything that matters. They're smarter than that. They know if they ever did that it would piss off a lot of people. So that isn't going to happen. What are they going to give you in this game besides cosmetic items?
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    Actually Blizzard were just too dumb to pick up Dota themselves. Also, the heroes of Dota 2 are directly ported from WC3 Dota (because it's not called "2" for nothing) so they have to resemble those WC3 assets in some way in order to not alienate the original playerbase.
    I see. ALright then, thats clearly a valid excuse for theft of intellectual property.

Too dumb to pay some shmuck fot dota 2? i fail to see why Blizz would have to pay for their own property. The Eula states that all user created content created with the game's respective creation toolkit belongs to blizzard. Dota 1 was already property of Blizzard. icefrog is a hack. And valve is idiotic enough to pay him.

Valve paid for the name "Dota" only. You cant put a patent on games.

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    I see. ALright then, thats clearly a valid excuse for theft of intellectual property.

Too dumb to pay some shmuck fot dota 2? i fail to see why Blizz would have to pay for their own property. The Eula states that all user created content created with the game's respective creation toolkit belongs to blizzard. Dota 1 was already property of Blizzard. icefrog is a hack. And valve is idiotic enough to pay him.

Valve paid for the name "Dota" only. You cant put a patent on games.
    Last I heard, Blizzard laughed basically and dismissed Dota, thinking it won't ever amount to anything popular. Also there was a lot more behind Dota 1 than just Icefrog, he only took over once some people left and they went on to make League of Legends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Blizzard doesn't sell things that give you an advantage in anything that matters. They're smarter than that. They know if they ever did that it would piss off a lot of people. So that isn't going to happen. What are they going to give you in this game besides cosmetic items?
    HotS has you buying heroes, each damn hero has different gameplay mechanics, and I'm sure this'll happen in overwatch aswell

I'd preffer buyable hats than buyable characters

- - - Updated - - -

Rocket jumping. You can blink, literally run up buildings, rewind time, hover, teleport, fly to teammates, float, charge, grappling hook and long jump in Overwatch. It's a main selling point of the game, not something gimmicky or clunky. Not saying TF2 isn't great or fun or w/e but it never had the feeling of mobility back when I played it. And regardless, this is something completely different. It looks and feels totally different. When I play this, I know it's not going to feel like TF2. That should be very obvious.
    The maps don't look that more vertical from TF2, it's just that more characters can easily traverse terrain. That actually makes the gameplay less vertical as height advantage matters less since it's easier to overcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    So you can steal whatever you like just throw a new coat of paint on it and suddenly it's OK?
    actually yes, this happens ALL the time and everyone is ok with it. Coke and pepsi? transformers and go bots? If you can take someones great idea and make it better, why would you not? Why would you as the consumer not want this? It is the exact reason why games get better and better. Stop thinking so narrowminded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emisary View Post
    It obviously should be, TF2 was launched back in 2007, Overwatch 8 years later probably so yeah it should be a lot better
    TF2 looks better imo, even with all the hats. In Overwatch it's much harder to work out what's going on or who's on what team. Blizzard could learn a thing or two from Valve about how to convey important information with in-game visual design rather than UI elements.

This^
    Rofl, makes no sense to me at all why people start choosing sides over literally fucking everything.
    CoD vs Battlefield
    Playstation vs Xbox vs PC
    DotA vs LoL
    WoW vs Any MMO
    Well to be fair, not all of us have unlimited resources (money and time) to indulge in all attractive games. And the more time invested in any single game means you are usually better off in it. So it behooves you to choose one over the other.

I am... well... a rabid Team Fortress fan. I'd have to see Overwatch in play before I could really judge, but it looks like it could hold it's own vs TF2. What I don't like though, is the possibility that I cannot play the character I want to play, cause some Dota junkie has a hard-on for a specific character and wont play anything else (probably also call out 'mid' while doing it).

Which makes it a bit like hearthstone really. I am also a long time MtG fan, and Hearthstone is terrible imo. Perhaps overwatch will be the same way, from the screenshots and footage so far... I kinda hope it doesn't. However, I am preparing myself for disappointment.
    Last edited by Jaojin; 2014-11-09 at 12:42 AM.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    . Show me which playable character in TF2 runs around with a giant fucking hammer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Same could be said the TF2 ripped off ideas from Starsiege: Tribes, which was released in 1998.. 1999 saw the release of Team Fortress who's idea came from a Quake Mod.. But in all every developers borrows ideas from other games..
    There's borrowing ideas, and there's ripping off the entire 'whacking sentry with spanner' joke. They couldn't even think up their own animations and character quirks? Next we'll find out that the sniper carries jars of piss around, but that's OK because Valve didn't invent piss.

Quote Originally Posted by aersekicker View Post
    There's borrowing ideas, and there's ripping off the entire 'whacking sentry with spanner' joke. They couldn't even think up their own animations and character quirks? Next we'll find out that the sniper carries jars of piss around, but that's OK because Valve didn't invent piss.
    Also Demoknights pretty much only use melee weapons. I can't believe how much Pharoh is similar to Solider. Rocket launchers with the ability to soar through the air? Give her a shovel or pick as a melee weapon and you wouldn't even be able to keep a straight face.

In the end, it doesn't matter. It looks different that TF2 and the game play looks to be faster paced/more specialized. And there are no pyros, demomen, or spies. If anything, Planetside can teach you that not all fps shooters play the same, even when the weapons are similar.
    Last edited by Jaojin; 2014-11-09 at 12:48 AM.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    "YOUR QUAKE RIPPED OFF DOOM"
    "LoL RIPPED OFF DOTA"
    "WOW RIPPED OFF EVERQUEST"
    people are pissed because that new ip is pixar studios doing tf2. nothing new. people would love to see something fresh made by blizz. wont happen - ever. people struggle to realize this.

It's nice to see something that will compete with TF2 considering how slow-paced, super casual, and just awful tf2 is. It was an all around atrocity committed by valve.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    people are pissed because that new ip is pixar studios doing tf2. nothing new. people would love to see something fresh made by blizz. wont happen - ever. people struggle to realize this.
    The Blizzard community is one of those gems of a community where I like to say this.

Blizzard is better off not listening to the community at all. The community can be so schizophrenic at times, consistent to be inconsistent, and quick to interpret the smallest slights as a invitation to conflict.

Seriously, Blizzard, keep doing your thing. If there's one thing that's constant with this community, we're always kicking and screaming about something.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Actually, the list you made consisted of very generic types to me.
    A gruff engineer stooped over a sentry whacking it with a wrench to make it work better is generic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tstr88 View Post
    It's nice to see something that will compete with TF2 considering how slow-paced, super casual, and just awful tf2 is. It was an all around atrocity committed by valve.
    Are you expecting a Blizzard take on a genre to be more hardcore? Because their track record suggests otherwise, they generally make games more accessible to a wider audience. TF2 is only slow-paced if you're crap.

A gruff engineer stooped over a sentry whacking it with a wrench to make it work better is generic?

- - - Updated - - -

Are you expecting a Blizzard take on a genre to be more hardcore? Because their track record suggests otherwise, they generally make games more accessible to a wider audience. TF2 is only slow-paced if you're crap.
    TF2 is incredibly slow and you're bad at it if you think that's fast. Valve took one of the fastest games with the highest skill curve and slowed it down to a snail's pace and dumbed it down for masses. They cleverly disguised it as "innovative" by changing the art style and simplifying classes so they could make their bank account way bigger. Blizzard certainly dumbs certain games down to make them more accessible as well, but they couldn't possibly dumb TF2 down any more then it already is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tstr88 View Post
    , but they couldn't possibly dumb TF2 down any more then it already is.
    They just have.

They just have.
    You can fanboy hate all you like. I reserve judgements until I actually play something in its finished form. I even gave tf2 a chance when it came out even though I could tell by looking at the gameplay trailer that it was going to be a slow, dumbed down version for the shit players. The only remotely innovative thing to come out of that game was medic healing.

It´s not an answer it´s a ripoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Yosef1015 View Post
    go bots
    speak not the name D:<

Quote Originally Posted by koyz View Post
    It´s not an answer it´s a ripoff.
    To be honest i don't really care if its a "ripoff" (which it isnt), i care if its fun. Its not that hard to understand, people want fun games, blizzard talked with a great respect towards TF2 during the Q&A, why can't we do the same? Its a great thing, TF2 is fun, if they make it better, awesome.