Poll: F2P Or P2P?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Everybody who voted free to play can just burn in hell and take your microtransactions with you. You guys make me feel old. "When I was your age we got our moms to buy us games and then we played those games with friends at our houses."

Most of the time when something is free, you are the product.

i'd rather pay upfront and get the whole game, unlock skins etc through achievements and promotionals than be milked drip by drip
    somebody call for d doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Everybody who voted free to play can just burn in hell and take your microtransactions with you. You guys make me feel old. "When I was your age we got our moms to buy us games and then we played those games with friends at our houses."

Most of the time when something is free, you are the product.
    Telling someone to burn in hell for having an opinion. You are such a lovely person arent you

I personally don't want it to be F2P, but I won't complain if it ends up being F2P.

If you're going to rip off TF2 and LoL into one giant mishmash of play-style, you should at least follow their ways of getting money off the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Steth View Post
    I personally don't want it to be F2P, but I won't complain if it ends up being F2P.
    Same i voted f2p because I think personally itd be better for what the game currently is. Ofc its subject to change so it could go the way of being pay and earn it ingame could be better but meh guess we wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicgen18 View Post
    Same i voted f2p because I think personally itd be better for what the game currently is. Ofc its subject to change so it could go the way of being pay and earn it ingame could be better but meh guess we wait and see
    One of the reasons why I don't want it to be a F2P game because it would be seen as a straight-up TF2 competitor, as there are very noticeable TF2 resemblance on Overwatch. I would prefer it to be a $15 multiplayer game like CSGO/Insurgency/etc...unless they plan to have a single player campaign as well.

No.

F2P games draw the worst type of people.

103 responses to this poll and no one has picked subscription. Probably because that would make absolutely no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabrinka View Post
    103 responses to this poll and no one has picked subscription. Probably because that would make absolutely no sense.
    They got WoW for the sub model makes em more than enough along with the extra fees eg- services and shop

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabrinka View Post
    One now! To me that would be the biggest fail in a game ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if micro transactions don't give you an advantage. I think I'd prefer if it was just a one time buy maybe with the option of buying cosmetic items. The overall quality and experience tends to be better usually IMO but we'll see.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

it should be f2p with cosmetic items or skins

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So we can be spammed w/ advertisements after paying 50 just to get in the "game"? Rather spend 50 then be spammed w/ advertisements w/ a sub, at least the pay2win crowd will be out
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill

10+ Year Old Account
    Its very obviously going to be Freemium. Like the game its a rip off of. Blizzard has learned that people are sheep from Hearthstone and will spend $400 on card packs, or item crates.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

If they use a f2p model similar to DotA 2 where everything is purely cosmetic sure. If they use a f2p model similar to LoL where it contains mostly cosmetic, but still has pay 2 win hell no.

10+ Year Old Account
    One time payment.

But it's very likely going to come out as F2P w/ $$ or ingame currency for champs (or w/e they're called in this) and skins, etc.

And you're telling me people actually chose the Subscription model?
    I literally can't deal with the weirdness of some people in this world/esp this forum.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    I feel like this almost "needs" to be free to play or it will "just be another fun shooter"

Depends on the possibility of skins/cosmetics for the characters.
    I would be hugely surprised to not see cosmetic variants, both of the characters and perhaps the weaponry.
    If the above appears, then I think F2P is almost a certainty.

Subscription I don't think makes sense.

And it is rather ignorant to assume that F2P means "scrubs" - which you can't even spell right in the poll.
    There are plenty of destructive players in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

buy once then play anytime is what I want.