Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Druid quest leveling

What do you guys reckon is going to be the best spec for questing rushing, boomer or feral? Haven't had much time to actually try out beta lvling

Usually boomkin, less downtime (innervate instead of energy) and ranged dps > melee for quests/mobs imo.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Usually boomkin, less downtime (innervate instead of energy)
    That is just wrong, feral is balanced around having downtime, and since there is natural downtime while qusting (running) this should favour feral not balance. Also innervate doesn't exist anymore, and mana is completely irrelevant as balance.

What ever you have better gear for and is more comfortable playing is probably the best answer. Ferals mobility is pretty huge while questing, depending on how you level mobility could be more important than killing mobs fast (starfall is god for tagging, but if you level mostly by gathering tresures it wont be as effective).

Deleted
    For doing the quests at the speed they were intended to be done it doesn't really matter. If you want to go as fast as possible, then feral. Mobility is much more important than raw dps, and feral has tons of it.

Honestly, pick whichever spec you plan to main at 100. You'll be infinitely more skilled with the rotation and nuances of the spec that you will be if you play one just to shave off a couple of hours from the leveling process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boomkin is really good for chainpulling/multi-dotting quest targets
    makes "Kill 20 bears and collect 20 bear butts" a lot more efficient.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Boomkin engineer with a Loot-A-Rang :-)

God that thing is awesome.. using it to farm frogs atm.

bookin=kitty

really just your preference Ive leveled both ways both pretty much the same.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Starfall, Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Boomkin is really good for chainpulling/multi-dotting quest targets
    makes "Kill 20 bears and collect 20 bear butts" a lot more efficient.
    Not if they don't fix that AoE grinding thing

Deleted
    Usually Feral would be the prefered spec for fastest leveling. However, especially the first levels your haste and starfall will make Boomkin a viable choice as well. From 95/96 onwards, your casttime will be pretty long, so Feral pulls ahead here. I'm leveling with a friend (hunter) and usually barely get casts of in the later levels as a Boomkin. So I will either switch to feral or we'll have to rely on aoe-pulling as much as possible. Not sure if I'm comfortable with Feral because of all the running with another ranged in my party...

10+ Year Old Account
    Only one person has mentioned starfall? whilst leveling 3 times on BETA not only was starfall like 65% of my dmg done, it also tagged 100% of mobs. ...since then it was buffed by 75%. Boomkin will kill mobs faster, without manual targetting and without even getting in melee range of them at times. Yeah you'll have to run tot heir corse or loot-a-rang, on 'get bones' quests but on simple 'kill 20' quests you can complete them without even targeting a mob.

Balance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Feral > Guardian
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Not if they don't fix that AoE grinding thing
    They decided to scrap it until they could find a better solution to those "sit in one place and murder mobs for 5 levels" exploits.

OT: for leveling, Mobility>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dps
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Staying Guardian, run around gather up all the mobs in an area and killing them all instantly, losing no health.

Deleted
    Feral got awesome mobility, plus you can use all energy on a target and have it refill while you run to the next one. It's fun.

Moonkin got starfallolol, it's crazy good for tagging. (Moonkin-only group at Timeless Isle frog farm massacre! I've had people log to their other-faction chars to kill me/us because they just couldn't get tags xD).

Whichever you pick, druid is an insane open-world class. Effective and heaps of fun.

Boomkin has Starfall and is ranged. Once haste starts to drop, overall leveling speed may be affected by whether you have starsurge perk yet or not.

Feral has mobility, stealth, and full SR from stealth via glyph. Can recover energy between mobs so damage on mobs is good.

I give the edge to Feral personally.

Deleted
    i would go for boomkin because starfall.
    boomkin has amasing constant heal in the form of rejuv and when you pull just a bit to much with starfall you can use NV and everything is fine.
    the cast times are not really going to be an issue since the first half of the lvling starfall kills everything within 40 yards of us.
    and when we start getting the empovered moonkin peark along with instant starsurge you have less times where you need to hard cast starfires.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    They decided to scrap it until they could find a better solution to those "sit in one place and murder mobs for 5 levels" exploits.

OT: for leveling, Mobility>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dps
    Travel form + Starfall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    Travel form + Starfall.
    sadly they cancel each other, so not a very effective combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    Staying Guardian, run around gather up all the mobs in an area and killing them all instantly, losing no health.
    honestly guna be a good way to level still, bear does great aoe and you shouldn't ever die :P and tank leveling from what ive heard is still guna be pretty good even without vengeance
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.