Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    My thoughts on the trailer? Well since I can't see it, despite being a supporter of Blizzard products for ~20 years, I am not lucky enough to buy a ticket before they sell out, or live nearby or take the time off work or expenses to fly to fucking Anaheim for a weekend. So I and millions of others are getting the shaft! My only thoughts on the trailer are "fuck you at this very moment Blizzard."

This may or may not be angrier than I really intended I just like movie stuff and I am visibly butthurt by exclusives.
    There there. *pats on head*

Sucks that we can't see it yet. But I am sure it will be worth the wait

I doubt there will be high elves as its placed in warcraft 1, so no elves

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caboosefanatic View Post
    I doubt there will be high elves as its placed in warcraft 1, so no elves
    Well, they have Dalaran flying, so... who knows.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-11-08 at 08:10 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad they're taking creative license and not just being bound by whatever happened in Warcraft 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well, they have Dalaran flying, so... who knows.
    idk, theres only so much you can put in a 2ish (maybe 3?) hour movie, don't wanna cram everything in and fuck it up lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    I'm glad they're taking creative license and not just being bound by whatever happened in Warcraft 1.
    Making Dalaran fly is a pretty big creative license, considering that doesn't happen in WoW lore until the start of WotLK.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Sucks that we can't see it yet. But I am sure it will be worth the wait
    Except we shoved the Virtual Ticket money up their arses not to have to wait.
    After this year's Blizzcon, Blizzard will have to prepare some really big reveals for the next one to not have a rapid decline in Virtual Ticket sales.

At least for Warcraft fans this year's stream is ridiculous. Starting with the 10 and 20 year anniversaries, but then bringing nothing new at all about Warcraft, to the point where the class- & item changes panel could just have been a recording from last year's, this was insulting.

Movie panel wasn't a terrible lot better. We got to see the actors (for everyone too lazy to catch up on the news what actors were hired and looking them up on Wikipedia) and got a glimpse at two blurry pictures and Rob Kazinsky walking around five steps acting like Orgrim. That was pretty much it.

I definitely expected a trailer, and turns out they have one, but just don't want to show everyone. Yeah, fuck you, Virtual Ticket buyers.

I am pissed beyond words.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    Look at the last few expansions: Do you really WANT them to try and make it contiguous? Better to let good writers handle it so as to not fuck it up.
    That worked so well for Dungeons & Dragons and Final Fantasy.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Making Dalaran fly is a pretty big creative license, considering that doesn't happen in WoW lore until the start of WotLK.
    Oh seriously? Why did they wait until WotLK to have it fly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    Oh seriously? Why did they wait until WotLK to have it fly?
    The whole movie could be a Flashback, while they start the movie showing present day stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Except we shoved the Virtual Ticket money up their arses not to have to wait.
    They never promised a trailer. Everyone just expected it.

I am not defending not showing the trailer online but there has never been any pormises about a trailer so I don't understand your argument.

There are however promises to let the buyers of Virtual Tickets get access to all informational content. And that was denied.
    If there wasn't a trailer at all the situation would be different, but there is and that changes everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    even more importantly from that link a few posts up...

"Also, to everyone upset about the floating Dalaran and Stormwind being called the Alliance, remember last year Metzen said the Warcraft film is it's own continuity, specifically that it's "Warcraft's version of the Ultimate Marvel series". The footage makes that pretty clear too."

what the fuck that means they can rape lore however they see fit to make a movie...
    Did you have a problem with all the story changes in the Marvel cinematic universe or the Nolan Batman films?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I'm not sure if they waited until WotLK lorewise, but the months following the destruction by Archimonde they spent rebuilding the city. Back in pre-WotLK there was a giant dome over the Dalaran crater protecting the city while it was being repaired. I guess it's plausible it took until WotLK for them to have things up and running again.
    Interesting. It makes me wonder how it'll effect that narrative now that Dalaran is floating in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    The whole movie could be a Flashback, while they start the movie showing present day stuff
    Ah, I hadn't considered that. Could be a useful storytelling tool.

Deleted
    Pretty sure if they did the virtual ticket the damn thing would be on YouTube in high quality right now. It is their right to without that, how many other movies do you see with trailer a year and a half in advance. I'm not talking about teasers either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    There are however promises to let the buyers of Virtual Tickets get access to all informational content. And that was denied.
    If there wasn't a trailer at all the situation would be different, but there is and that changes everything.
    Nope. It says that you will get comprehensive coverage. There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Nope. It says that you will get comprehensive coverage. There is a difference.
    So basically they were playing with words.
    And dont tell me they didnt know what exactly people were expecting.
    They knew that very well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So basically they were playing with words.
    And dont tell me they didnt know what exactly people were expecting.
    They knew that very well.
    When have you ever got see a sneak peak/trailer/teaser for a film 1½ year before it's release?

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    That'd really suck. Where's the fun in not knowing where the story will take you? It'd be more of a shock to the general film-going public if they knew the Human kingdom loses at the end, and not know it at the start as one of those "This is how we got in this story state..." story-telling techniques.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

All we can do now is hope that teaser is released some time aground March next year. the 1st Hobbit movie's teaser was released about 1 year before the movie and the trailer about 3 months before release.