Page 1 of 3
LastLast

If you're playing a DK right now...

Live it up. Apparently when they gutted everyone's ability bloat, they forgot a class. Range stun, range root, death grip, and anti-magic shell is just icing on the cake as you run in and 100-0 anything in front of you. Nothing can run, and if it does, you will back to back crit them for 25k+ from 30 yards out before they can get LoS. All the while self healing from nothing to full if someone actually does hit you from behind while you're violating someone.

It feels like Season 5 again. Hoping they fix this crap by 100.

/tears

Quote Originally Posted by Danur View Post
    Live it up. Apparently when they gutted everyone's ability bloat, they forgot a class. Range stun, range root, death grip, and anti-magic shell is just icing on the cake as you run in and 100-0 anything in front of you. Nothing can run, and if it does, you will back to back crit them for 25k+ from 30 yards out before they can get LoS. All the while self healing from nothing to full if someone actually does hit you from behind while you're violating someone.

/tears
    I can argue the fact that its due to their lack of mobility but that's up to the people who have a lot more experience to answer because im sure its for the sake of balance but nothing is definitely balanced pre patch as history shows.

Deleted
    And yet there is nothing one can do to stop a rogue from running.

Burst of speed is bullshit!

This is a class that has been broken and OP in pvp from day 1, it's their hero class and they're not gonna do anything about it. Get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    And yet there is nothing one can do to stop a rogue from running.

Burst of speed is bullshit!
    Feint glyphed + burst of speed is a bit crazy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    This is a class that has been broken and OP in pvp from day 1, it's their hero class and they're not gonna do anything about it. Get used to it.
    Hm? I can't recall DK's being on top every season since they were introduced.

Rogue casts Cloak of Shadows
    Nerf thread {immune}

DKs, rogues, rets, ferals

they're not op, its players just got skilled overnight

Quote Originally Posted by Berian View Post
    DKs, rogues, rets, ferals

they're not op, its players just got skilled overnight
    Obliterates hurt mang.

Well my main was a lock since BC. Have you experienced wod PvP as a caster solo? Locked out of school until you die...switch my main to my DK.won't look back. WoD is a melee exp pack. And dk is good right now. You can reach over 150% passive speed skill and train all day long. Love it! Only rets are more OP right now (as we already hard counter the other cobtender : rogues).

DK's have the worst mobility so they need some range stuns and other goodies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their day will come! Then again, I like DKs. But yes, the nerfbat will strike.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Well my main was a lock since BC. Have you experienced wod PvP as a caster solo? Locked out of school until you die...switch my main to my DK.won't look back. WoD is a melee exp pack. And dk is good right now. You can reach over 150% passive speed skill and train all day long. Love it! Only rets are more OP right now (as we already hard counter the other cobtender : rogues).
    Purdy much... I might gear my ret then.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

As a Feral.. I'll be alright. Come at me.

hmm. wonder why monks got gutted. i know they arent considered a "hero class"... but they seemed like it in MOP lol

Quote Originally Posted by Danur View Post

/tears
    So I guess you're new to PvP then.

FYI, the ranged stun and root are exclusive.

Deleted
    I dont understand the issue with DK, in beta arenas they were never hard to deal with. Played balance druid and retri paladin. DK is easy to kite, because he cant get out of roots.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryah View Post
    So I guess you're new to PvP then.

FYI, the ranged stun and root are exclusive.
    Which ones are you talking about?
    Because if you play Unholy you have access to Asphyxiate, the empowered pet's 4 sec stun AND his 2 sec interrupt/root that has a 30 yard range.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 30 sec ranged stun I agree with is silly. Death Grip and the other things you mentioned have been in the game since start. Besides, it's balanced for lvl 100. Afaik dks dont have double grip at lvl 100, do they?

Anyways, I just wish they'd increase the CD of Asphyxiate to like 45 seconds. That talent is an obvious talent to take vs any class, unless it's double caster and you need the roots. If anything strangulate's CD should be reduced to like 30 seconds or 45 seconds with Asphyxiate being a talent that changes your silence into a stun but with increased CD.

Death Strike self-healing does seem a bit silly tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    The 30 sec ranged stun I agree with is silly. Death Grip and the other things you mentioned have been in the game since start. Besides, it's balanced for lvl 100. Afaik dks dont have double grip at lvl 100, do they?

Anyways, I just wish they'd increase the CD of Asphyxiate to like 45 seconds. That talent is an obvious talent to take vs any class, unless it's double caster and you need the roots. If anything strangulate's CD should be reduced to like 30 seconds or 45 seconds with Asphyxiate being a talent that changes your silence into a stun but with increased CD.

Death Strike self-healing does seem a bit silly tho.
    Gorefiends grasp exists at 100. DK healing and current toolkit is fine or maybe even lacking because DK needs alot of help from teammates. DK is easily kited.

There is nothing silly about DK that a Feral doesn't do 500% better. Instead of a Ranged stun you have full mobility and immunity to roots/slows, plus three stuns, plus self healing out the ass, plus cyclone (albeit not as good as it was), plus stealth, plus slows that cost nothing. Oh, and Ferocious Bite hits for 40% of a full Prideful's HP.

Yeah dude, DK's are totally living the life right now.