Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Boosted ppl, what blizz should do...

I think blizz should allow ppl to see ilvl of players in premade grps before applying, i'm getting tired of joining a garrosh raid who requires 560+ ilvl and seeing lv520 ppl in there
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I've never done one of those groups, does the raid leader do the inviting? If so, it sounds like it's up to them to weed out those who don't qualify for their rules.

Deleted
    more often than not your sorry ass is there to boost those guys` mates

RL gets paid to boost ppl (or boosts friends for free) and then pugs overgeared ppl to do the job for him, this shit has to stop.
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    RL gets paid to boost ppl (or boosts friends for free) and then pugs overgeared ppl to do the job for him, this shit has to stop.
    Easy, make your own group. I see why it annoys you but I don't see anything that would warrant any action by Blizzard. (Assuming that the payment is in in-game gold of course!)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    Easy, make your own group. I see why it annoys you but I don't see anything that would warrant any action by Blizzard. (Assuming that the payment is in in-game gold of course!)
    Just read my 1st post, i don't want blizz to take actions against boosters, i just want to know the ilvl of the ppl before applying for a premade group, so that if i see a raid with 520 noobs i can simply stay away from that premade...
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Every single "carry" group I've been a part of has had multiple 580+ people to compensate and it ends up more than breaking even.
    Seriously the only time I've wiped to Heroic Garrosh in a pug post 6.0 is when someone forgets to do the engineer. Also have only seen the 2nd intermission once, when apparently a greedy person tried to carry too many people, but we still one shot it.

This has absolutely nothing to do with boosts. This shit has gone on for years.

I can't even begin to count the number of times someone would be advertising that they are forming a raid and emphasize (obnoxiously) that the gearscore/ilvl is a certain level and don't you dare try to join unless you meet the requirements. A few minutes later people would start giving them hell in chat about them or their friends not meeting the requirements they set for their own raid. These people are commonplace.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Just read my 1st post, i don't want blizz to take actions against boosters, i just want to know the ilvl of the ppl before applying for a premade group, so that if i see a raid with 520 noobs i can simply stay away from that premade...
    Right, my bad, sorry. But still, making your own group is a viable option, no?

Deleted
    That's so naive. The BEST kind of raid you can join is one that boosts people.

If you don't know why, I'll give you a hint:

They think they can complete it.

The BEST pug-raid I've ever joined in my life was one that explicitly boosted people. It turns out it was a hugely successful guild (14/14hc many months ago) that just wanted to make gold.

They didn't even have a loot master.

Group loot all right through.

Quote Originally Posted by magneeeto View Post
    They think they can complete it.
    Even better than that, we *know* we can :P

If I open the raid to lfg (rarely, and mostly I regret it if I do, often they are terrible players - and only ever for garrosh) - it's because I want to smooth out the RNG on important people getting MC'd at a critical point - I know I can carry the buyers without them, but single tank, single healer 10-15man sale is a lot more vulnerable to RNG MC on the healer during emp whirl than adding 10-15 extra bodies. Although we still tend to solo heal it, our shaman is a beast :-)
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2014-11-10 at 01:53 AM.

Ya, our guild occasionally makes groups of mains carrying alts and guild friends and if we Want better averages for carries vs carriers we'll just throw up a LFG for Ilvl 570 or something.

We still 1 shot Garrosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

to be honnest i dont mind if im carrying or not as i just queue for a normal or hc run coz im bored and all my toons are 560+, what also helps is that i know how to raid lead

Anyways, OT: it's a non-issue as you can look at their ilvls before hand and there is no deserter debuff so the raid leader will get punished quickly if it goes bad.

Also, it's prevelant right now just due to how nerfed the content is and how you can 10m heroic Garrosh with him tuned for 30 players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I don't care if they're boosting if they're honest and say in the description that they're boosting people. Fuck these assholes who think I'm stupid and can't see that there are 10 people with less than 50k hp in the raid and blatantly lie when I ask them if they're boosting people, though.

I think OQ had a good mechanic where you couldn't set req ilvl higher than the lowest ilvl in the raid.
    Last edited by Overdispersion; 2014-11-10 at 10:22 AM.

If there weren't boost groups then 90% of all groups would be useless scrubs trying to clear it for the first time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    I don't care if they're boosting if they're honest and say in the description that they're boosting people. Fuck these assholes who think I'm stupid and can't see that there are 10 people with less than 50k hp in the raid and blatantly lie when I ask them if they're boosting people, though.

I think OQ had a good mechanic where you couldn't set req ilvl higher than the lowest ilvl in the raid.
    It's not for you to decide who else joins the group, if you don't like it then leave the group.

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally believe that ilvl doesnt matter.

But in your case, i would say its up the raid leader or the raid in general to point the person out and get them replaced.
    Not something Blizzard should meddle in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It's not for you to decide who else joins the group, if you don't like it then leave the group.
    Yes, it's for me to decide. If I don't like the raid composition, I'll leave the group.

Deleted
    I've joined few of those pugs on my high geared chars just to get another quick loom (and never got any except for guaranteed one at first kill! RNG hates me). Its no big deal that leader gets paid and I don't because I get to skip first 13 bosses.