Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The Attorny General is supposed to prosecute Federal employees
    Where did you get this?

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Ok, so Obama would like his next AG to be Loretta Lynch, a prosecutor from New York. She has good experience in the criminal justice field, and is well thought of by most people it would seem.

However, my problem is not with her or her criminal justice career, but in how the media is portraying her, on both sides of the aisle.
    Why do you care if you have no problem with her abilities or track record? How the media portrays someone has no bearing on their ability and delving into the stupidity of the media's position will only make it less likely she'll be able to keep the manufactured drama separate from her actual job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Why do you care if you have no problem with her abilities or track record? How the media portrays someone has no bearing on their ability and delving into the stupidity of the media's position will only make it less likely she'll be able to keep the manufactured drama separate from her actual job.
    How the media portrays it is how the vast majority of people will know about her. You think Joe Sixpack is going to google her CJ record? no, the only thing he will know is what fox news and MSNBC force feeds down his throat, in this case, race.
    You're a towel.

In the US around 1 in 8 people are black. The odds of the President objectively picking 2 blacks in a row is pretty low.

How the media portrays it is how the vast majority of people will know about her. You think Joe Sixpack is going to google her CJ record? no, the only thing he will know is what fox news and MSNBC force feeds down his throat, in this case, race.
    Which is a pretty good reason not to perpetuate their stupid narrative. By even considering it a serious position to take you're lending it legitimacy, thereby increasing the chances that she will in fact not be able to distance herself from a whipped up media frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    In the US around 1 in 8 people are black. The odds of the President objectively picking 2 blacks in a row is pretty low.
    Your point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, its my fault that people take the media seriously
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Your point?
    We should be objective. I'm okay with it being subjective the first time though, but eventually we should get past race as a factor.

We should be objective. I'm okay with it being subjective the first time though, but eventually we should get past race as a factor.
    Who said it is? There's no evidence of that.

Yes, its my fault that people take the media seriously
    Ah the perpetual victim complex. You're contributing, not the source, didn't think I had to spell it out. Why should we care about people who are not informed nor interested in educating themselves about the situation? Just refute the stupidity, press for higher journalistic standards, there's not much more to do.

Who said it is? There's no evidence of that.
    It may or may not be objective, its impossible to know without mind-reading. It would be a demographic precedent though, so I could understand it.

It may or may not be objective, its impossible to know without mind-reading. If would be a demographic precedent though, so I could understand it.
    "I'm not saaaaaying it was racially motivated but hey guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Your point?
    That it's more than a little likely he's picking her because she's black, which is in essence reverse discrimination if there was a better candidate. Ultimately this is just more attempts at race-baiting from a dying political party that has nothing new, and no idea what to do except call people racists or misogynists. Not that I'd expect the "Civil Rights" leaders to cry foul. It's only a breach of Civil Rights if it's someone like Trayvon Martin or Michael Brown. Any and everyone else is racist and keeping the Black people down.

Thankfully most Americans see the NAACP as they are now. A hate group. Being called a racist just doesn't carry the sting it once did because the people have realized it's a tool to stop discussion. Black people used it so exhaustively the past 10 years that now people are like. "Yeah, heartwarming. I'm a racist. Fine. Moving back to topic, explain your crap now."

Fact is true racism died out a long time ago, and it's only bottom feeders like Al Sharpton, Ben Jealous and Jesse Jackson who keep it going because it's all they know, and how they make their money. This is also why Malcolm X was killed, because he spoke against it. TBH any "Civil Rights Leader" who tries to evoke race, but can't extend it to all races, should crawl in a ditch and never come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Ah the perpetual victim complex. You're contributing, not the source, didn't think I had to spell it out. Why should we care about people who are not informed nor interested in educating themselves about the situation? Just refute the stupidity, press for higher journalistic standards, there's not much more to do.
    How the fuck is this a victim complex? You are trying to say it is my fault that people take the media seriously..

Why should we care what they think? BECAUSE THEY CAN VOTE AND IT COUNTS AS MUCH AS YOURS OR MINE!
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    That it's more than a little likely he's picking her because she's black
    This says more about you than Obama.

10+ Year Old Account
    This says more about you than Obama.
    Post the whole thing. Oh wait, you won't because common sense defeats your whole argument.

That it's more than a little likely he's picking her because she's black, which is in essence reverse discrimination if there was a better candidate.
    This message is hidden because Wells is on your ignore list.

Oh what a relief it is.. xD

Post the whole thing. Oh wait, you won't because common sense defeats your whole argument.
    I filtered out your usual off topic nonsense. No one is talking about the NAACP. No one is talking about societal racism. You're just vomiting out the usual right wing talking points when black people come up.

There is no evidence race was a factor in her selection. She's perfectly qualified.

10+ Year Old Account
    TL;DR: Why are they making race one of the big issues of someones nomination? And NEITHER side is innocent on this one, so I don't want to hear "Because republicans are racist!" or "Obama only selects black people!"
    Republicans do it to hype up "Obama selects black people!" and "Al Sharpton" and Democrats do it to hype up "Republicans are racist." That's why race is brought up.
    Putin khuliyo

"I'm not saaaaaying it was racially motivated but hey guys"
    Even if Obama was motivated to set a demographic precedent, there is nothing wrong with that since it is a self-limiting factor. Also race alone isn't the primary precedent for this new AG since Eric Holder already has the title of first African American Attorney General.
    Last edited by Sledfang; 2014-11-09 at 12:01 AM.

How the fuck is this a victim complex? You are trying to say it is my fault that people take the media seriously..

Why should we care what they think? BECAUSE THEY CAN VOTE AND IT COUNTS AS MUCH AS YOURS OR MINE!
    Because you're trying to spin me saying you contribute into me saying "it's entirely your fault"

And they'll be less likely to vote stupidly if we don't allow stupid arguments like this to build up any momentum by refuting them when brought up and ignoring them for the sub-standard reasoning they embody at all other times.