Poll: How do you feel about guys with long hair

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I have a few friends with long hair and they're either musicians or VERY VERY artsy/hipster. They do have attractive girlfriends/wives.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have about shoulder length hair these days, used to have it like 15-20 cm longer. Compensated everything and more on beard length now.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

I had long flowing "Thoréal" blond hair since i was 14, until i was 26.

I cut it off because it was starting to look like i had a comb-over or something.
    Full head of hair, just not enough strands to keep it looking good. What a sad day to cut off three feet of hair.

Long hair, short hair, keep it the way you like it, unkempt hair looks bad either way, so it doesn't really matter to anyone but you. ^^ Hat off to the charity thing though, respect!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mancowski View Post
    I had long flowing "Thoréal" blond hair since i was 14, until i was 26.

I cut it off because it was starting to look like i had a comb-over or something.
    Full head of hair, just not enough strands to keep it looking good. What a sad day to cut off three feet of hair.
    The main problem I had was the actual weight of it. It basically parted my hair in a neat line down the middle of my head, which looked pretty bad. Not sure if that's what you're implying aswell.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

I've always had a soft spot for men with long hair... That said some guys really look bloody awful with long hair. The worst offender in my book are men who are bald on top with long hair. That looks silly

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    The main problem I had was the actual weight of it. It basically parted my hair in a neat line down the middle of my head, which looked pretty bad. Not sure if that's what you're implying aswell.
    That could have lead to the looks it was having for me. It was very heavy, so very noticeable when it was gone.

If i wore my hair down it would part down the middle, yeah. My hair is pretty wavy once it gets out about 6 inches too, so it was longer than it let on, i suppose.

There were other things that helped me get away from keeping it. It getting in the way when i work on instruments, play instruments. Dogs and cats jumping on it, fear of it getting in the toilet water if i wasn't careful.

At first it seemed like a nice lazy way of keeping your hair. But buzzing it off every few months is much better!

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I admire guys with long hair.

When I walk around in any town or city, I notice what I regard as a societal standard. Anything from 70-95% of women I see walking around have long hair. this is an accepted standard by people that women can have long hair and do whatever the fuck they like with it.
    Where as looking around, seeing men with long hair is like anything between 5-7%, the most common hair for men is to have it shaven short.

I personally find this bullcrap as some indoctrinated mentality of modern society that men can't have long hair because (Excuses "it looks dirty, it looks unkempt, it doesn't look right, it covers his face, its hard work to keep it up", all rules that apparently don't apply to women with long hair.

I admire men with long hair for this reason, its like they are giving a huge middle finger to accepted and expected social norms which is just as backwards as it can get.
    I used to have hair similar in look to the dude in pic #2.

When I have short hair, I am more likely to wash it less often than when I had long hair, just putting on deodorant between showers. Disgusting? Yes. But it is a hell of a lot harder to tell when a dude with short hair hasn't showered in a while compared to one with long hair. Longest I had gone was about 6 weeks, and never got any complaints about BO or anything. That's another reason I prefer to have long hair, and am attempting to grow it out again.

I'm not attracted to long hair on guys.

Oh, wait. Let me put it in terms suitable to MMO-C.

"I find long hair on guys disgusting."
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

I don't care either.

I started growing mine back out again once I ETSed from the Army. For a while there I had it down to my lower back, but it was just too much to take care of so I trimmed it back. Now I keep it tied back into a pony tail that comes down to the bottom of my shoulder blades.

My Wife also likes it that way, lucky me.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I adore attractive men with well-kept long hair. Like seriously.
    My husband has long hair, and I do whatever I can to make sure that he doesn't cut it.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    Long story short as a guy I have long hair, it reaches my lower back. now most don't pay it a second thought some think it looks great; However, my question is why do some hate the idea of long hair on a guy so much. some of the worst things guys like me have been call are Fag's, white trash, and even hobo a#$ N-word. us guys that grow our hair out do it for our own reasons. me I grow it out cause I like it and plan to one day donate it all to charity.

So what's yalls opinions on this subject? you like long hair on a guy, don't care?, or are part of the crown that just hates it to their core.

Long hair is one thing, but you've taken it to the extreme. I used to have hair down to my behind. It drew a lot of female attention for some reason. I cut it when I realized that it looked gross and feminine. Long hair is feminine. It just is, not saying I think short hair isn't. When you take anything to an extreme like you have, it drags people inward whether that be good or bad.

Won't judge unless it stinks or looks like something used to mop the floor.

Haha...

~snipped~

Infracted - please post constructively
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2014-11-09 at 04:51 AM.

Ok, coming back to this thread. I currently have long-ish hair. It's only down to about my shoulders, long enough to call long, but short enough to contain with a hat for work.

Everyone has different hair types. For mine to look well-groomed, I need to get it touched up every few weeks... redo the layering, get any split ends cut off, etc.

Not into crazy-man unkempt hair. No problem if it's cared for.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I used to have hair similar in look to the dude in pic #2.

When I have short hair, I am more likely to wash it less often than when I had long hair, just putting on deodorant between showers. Disgusting? Yes. But it is a hell of a lot harder to tell when a dude with short hair hasn't showered in a while compared to one with long hair. Longest I had gone was about 6 weeks, and never got any complaints about BO or anything. That's another reason I prefer to have long hair, and am attempting to grow it out again.
    Man I don't know how you are doing it, but when I don't shower for a day my short hair looks like absolute shit. It's noticeable that I haven't showered.

I'm going to parrot what a few others have said in this thread...it's your hair, do with it what you will. Me personally? I don't like it. I personally feel that men look their neatest or tidiest with short hair. Picture Boromir in a nice suit and Don Draper. Both of those guys I would describe as sharp good looking men. Draper takes the price though because he is tighter...crisper in his appearance.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

I have hair halfway down my back because I prefer it. I've always felt funny with short hair, but that might be because I've never spend much time with short hair.

I also think I look better with long hair, but no-one else has ever really commented on that.

I do have to wear it in a ponytail to work though, and it's a pit of a pain in the ass to fit into a hair net.

I dislike guys with long hair :l. Buzz cut = sexy c;

10+ Year Old Account
    I had long hair about 2 and a half years back, but due to some complications with a skin condition I have, it kinda got in the way, plus, looking back, me with long hair and no facial hair just looked fucking stupid. I may try again at a slightly shorter lengh now that I have a beard ('cause you know, looks cooler with a beard of some form).
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!