I admire Blizzard's chiefs after the documentary LFG!

Hey,

Before watching the documentary I'd say they are going for the money...

But watching the documentary and listening to them speaking about their passions and even going out admitting that they took a lot of things from everquest and that everquest for its time is the best game ever made, and the ways they were speaking about those games like Ultima etc were priceless.

I felt as a gamer that I was in their spot.

So after all they might haven't lost their values and they are still geeks and care about the game and everything... It might just be Activision and other people owning their company forcing them to go with decisions that they wouldn't go in the first place, cause as it seems those few people that made blizzard are just like us.

Kudos for making this documentary.

If you havent watched it yet go and watch it, its amazing.

P.S I also felt for Chris Metzen which is a person that I personally dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Hey,

Before watching the documentary I'd say they are going for the money...

But watching the documentary and listening to them speaking about their passions and even going out admitting that they took a lot of things from everquest and that everquest for its time is the best game ever made, and the ways they were speaking about those games like Ultima etc were priceless.

I felt as a gamer that I was in their spot.

So after all they might haven't lost their values and they are still geeks and care about the game and everything... It might just be Activision and other people owning their company forcing them to go with decisions that they wouldn't go in the first place, cause as it seems those few people that made blizzard are just like us.

Kudos for making this documentary.

If you havent watched it yet go and watch it, its amazing.

P.S I also felt for Chris Metzen which is a person that I personally dislike.
    Blizzard WANTED to merge with a bigger company. Back in the day, they were a small company with little expertise on how to grow. They wanted to have a bigger company take over to speed up the growth process. Its not like someone put a gun to their head and forced them to merge with anyone. That's what they wanted.

During the WoW Questions and Answers panel, you could tell the devs were a bunch of nerds. They seemed a little uncomfortable speaking in public except for that bald guy. They are a lot like us, you'd have to be to climb that high in the industry.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland