Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'd say blood is just as good as any other in the higher lvls. From 95 and up i'd go blood. Things die a little bit slower, but you can pull a hell of alot more. Im now lvl 100 and im doing quests as blood because mobs just hit too hard in big numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    I'd say blood is just as good as any other in the higher lvls. From 95 and up i'd go blood. Things die a little bit slower, but you can pull a hell of alot more. Im now lvl 100 and im doing quests as blood because mobs just hit too hard in big numbers.
    Well there's always the trade off of larger numbers slower for smaller numbers faster.
    I did like blood at 100 in the beta though, was really nice right out of questing.

Also danm you must have dodged all the lag and such well lol. I mean I know I'm on Mal'ganis so I should expect it, but only got to 90% to 91 before leaving at 7 this morning for school. The server was so irritated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Well there's always the trade off of larger numbers slower for smaller numbers faster.
    I did like blood at 100 in the beta though, was really nice right out of questing.

Also danm you must have dodged all the lag and such well lol. I mean I know I'm on Mal'ganis so I should expect it, but only got to 90% to 91 before leaving at 7 this morning for school. The server was so irritated.
    Well I haven't slept since yesterday. Just took a lot of time and effort. But actually i was unable to play for the first 40 minutes. Which really pissed me off. Caught up with everybody in my guild though.

I hit 100 at 13:00. Which I think is okay ^^

every expansion I fall back to my DK as the first to make level. Always loved blood leveling because your downtime is based on the number of mobs you can pull.

Deleted
    Unholy for questing.
    Blood for when I'm running Dungeons with guildies or soloing rares etc.

As for when the raids start coming out, I'll be Unholy.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2014-11-18 at 03:51 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right now close to 94 - Having leveling as Frost Dual Wield rocking Heroic Garrosh BoA's. Best experience I've had yet was a 2h Frost now I'm sticking with DW.

I've been just facerolling through everything I come across as 2h frost. and I'm ahead of where I thought I'd be, 96, with short play time and through all of the server disruption

Quote Originally Posted by Maeylor View Post
    I've been just facerolling through everything I come across as 2h frost. and I'm ahead of where I thought I'd be, 96, with short play time and through all of the server disruption
    Same here. Nothing wrong with 2h frost. AoE is pretty good with bloodtap. I have no issues.

I'm leveling as Unholy at a 540 iLvL and it is fucking easy and very fun. Excuse my language.

I'm just about to leave Talador and things are still melting, questing in full mythic WF's is nice.

I levelled as Frost in all mythic gear. It was hilarious, up to about 99 absolutely zero issues - and only after that point did I really have a challenge with mobs. I levelled DW until my 2h heirloom had a higher ilevel (I had a 1h from Mythic Garrosh >:} ) and then went 2h. OB crits one shot (or near one shot) most things, and then at 99 - 100 the front loaded dmg (always get off a SR if possible, don't forget your free DS) and you're golden. No downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I'm just about to leave Talador and things are still melting, questing in full mythic WF's is nice.
    Yeah I didn't start replacing anything until 98. Things are slowing a little in nagrand, but still melting. I just have to take advantage of dark succor now in large pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Comp View Post
    Yeah I didn't start replacing anything until 98. Things are slowing a little in nagrand, but still melting. I just have to take advantage of dark succor now in large pulls.
    Dark Succor baseline is just nice in general as it fill holes in your leveling rotation, as it is in no way usually the most optimal rotation to use compared to what kills the mobs near you fastest/pulls more lol

Hit 100 last night before the server reset. Did the whole thing as unholy and even with my pet despawning due to phasing with the lag, UH was still better than my beloved Frost. I wish it wasn't so, but blood boil and just spamming SS in single target made it easy to just play kinda absent mindedly.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The correct answer is Blood of course. Solid DPS, zero survivability issues. Effortlessly soloing Group quests, rares, and elites. Once you start doing dungeons, you can step into your deeps spec. But for solo questing, Blood is God.

Deleted
    Unholy with a blood off spec for when there's a "3 person" quest.

With an heirloom weapon everything gets one-shot until level 98 when stat ratings start to seriously diminish, but at 98 you can take a bodyguard pet and they do a ton of damage too. Leveling a DK with dark succor baseline is easy-peasy.

I switched to Blood for maybe 4-5 elites before getting the bodyguard. There are some tough ones in Gorgrond at lower levels. But that's about it.

Deleted
    So. Getting from 90 to 100 was a fun time. I stayed in blood the whole time. I died once, from pulling way to much at lvl 99, when the mobs started hurting. Otherwise it was smooth sailing from the start to the end. Rare? No problem. Bunch of mobs? No problem. Opposing faction? No problem. /sigh at them and keep pulling mobs, keep questing and watch as they hit, hit, hit, hit and hit some more, then they get tired of you and leave.

I agree with post #6 above.

Leveling as blood is doable, but don't delude yourself into thinking it's faster. All three specs can aoe grind and solo elites, and the dps specs do more damage and are faster at quest grinding. I prefer unholy because frost gets resource starved if you pull quickly. If you have good gear to start with 2h frost is great early, switching to unholy as your kill speed slows.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are fighting only one or two mobs as Blood you are doing it wrong. Grab 5-10 of them, more if your gear allows. Glyphed Grip is awesome for this. As one mob dies Grip resets and you yank another one over. The party never has to stop. Until there's nothing left alive nearby or you want to stop to grab your loot ofc. Outdoor areas aren't particularly great as they seem to have considerably lower spawn rates and more spread out mobs. But with the increased spawn rates in some of the indoor areas, you literally never have to stop pulling.

You see other people going mano-a-mano vs one mob then look down at the giant pile of bodies at your feet and realize that life is good.