Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    If you are fighting only one or two mobs as Blood you are doing it wrong. Grab 5-10 of them, more if your gear allows. Glyphed Grip is awesome for this. As one mob dies Grip resets and you yank another one over. The party never has to stop. Until there's nothing left alive nearby or you want to stop to grab your loot ofc. Outdoor areas aren't particularly great as they seem to have considerably lower spawn rates and more spread out mobs. But with the increased spawn rates in some of the indoor areas, you literally never have to stop pulling.

You see other people going mano-a-mano vs one mob then look down at the giant pile of bodies at your feet and realize that life is good.
    I've pointed it out a few times before but if you take 20 seconds to kill 10 mobs but it takes 10 seconds for one of our dps specs to kill 5 you're essentially doing the same thing. Consistant and slow pulling isn't the best way to take things on especially now when so many people are leveling. It's hard to pull huge groups when there's so few I tagged mobs around you.

Yeah, I leveled as frost and basically went death grip, Obliterate*2, mob dies, death grip, Frost Strike*2, maybe use up a rime HB, mob dies, repeat. If any of the oblits crit, I generally one-shotted the mob. 1-3 GCDs per kill. Went really quick.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2014-11-18 at 04:15 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I've pointed it out a few times before but if you take 20 seconds to kill 10 mobs but it takes 10 seconds for one of our dps specs to kill 5 you're essentially doing the same thing. Consistant and slow pulling isn't the best way to take things on especially now when so many people are leveling. It's hard to pull huge groups when there's so few I tagged mobs around you.
    Why does everyone keep assuming that Blood is doing such low DPS? It really isn't. You aren't slowly grinding your way through a large pack of mobs. You are quickly killing four to five times as many mobs as most other players are capable of pulling at once. Are you killing individuals as fast as the DPS specs? Of course not, but people who think that Blood's DPS is that far behind the other specs are mistaken.

Remember, they may have nerfed the AP aspect of Vengeance, but the new DS still gives us scaling AP based on damage received.

And i never had any issues with tagged mobs when i was leveling my DK on patch day. Except for the occasional evade bugged mob.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2014-11-18 at 04:15 PM.

It's true, tank DPS is much improved in 6.0 now that vengeance was removed. Blood is still very noticeably slower on single targets than Frost, though. If you can get a bunch of mobs and AE them down, go for it. But they tend to sprinkle in ranged mobs that don't gather well, and I just found it easier to death grip and 1-3 GCD my way to victory.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    DnD isnt really worth using anymore, i just dump runes with BB and Reaper unless i need a heal, then i'll throw out a DS. Spam Coil to keep from RP capping. I like the new flow of Blood, even though it feels a bit slower paced. But that will speed up with gear.

ST dps isnt fantastic, but it is by no means bad. Honestly, Blood is such a juggernaut spec that i personally feel that if i'm not fighting at least 4-5 mobs, then i'm being inefficient. Often I wont even engage single mobs unless i have to to get out of combat or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Why does everyone keep assuming that Blood is doing such low DPS? It really isn't. You aren't slowly grinding your way through a large pack of mobs. You are quickly killing four to five times as many mobs as most other players are capable of pulling at once. Are you killing individuals as fast as the DPS specs? Of course not, but people who think that Blood's DPS is that far behind the other specs are mistaken.

Remember, they may have nerfed the AP aspect of Vengeance, but the new DS still gives us scaling AP based on damage received.

And i never had any issues with tagged mobs when i was leveling my DK on patch day. Except for the occasional evade bugged mob.
    A better way to word that is Blood can safely pull 4-5x what others can. A Frost or Unholy DK can easily pull the same amount that Blood does, just with more risk. Blizz aimed for tanks to do roughly 75% of a dps's damage, so no matter what mob for mob they are slower, they just have more survivability.

It depends in server and time for tagging, but as I am on Mal'Ganis there's still tons of people running about.