Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Ret paladin as ONLY RET?

I played warrior since vanilla, went rank 14. I ve been on and off wow ever since. I leveled a ret paladin in MoP that I really enjoyed. During these 2 MoP months I leveled my orc warrior (the vanilla one) and my DK both to 90. I only want to PvP, explore the WoD world and just enjoy the game by exploring it, running old dungeons 'n' stuff like that.

I don't like any other pala specs, I only like ret. Whereas I like all warrior specs (but less than ret) and all DK specs (still less than ret).

My question is this: How do you guys do it? Do you all play (the ones who do) Ret only? Will it get boring? What would you suggest?
    Last edited by mmoca55501adac; 2014-11-09 at 10:28 PM.

Deleted
    Ret is the only spec I play.

I went Prot for ICC during Wrath because my guild needed a Tank, but otherwise I'll always play Ret.

I do it because I enjoy it!

Deleted
    I play ret only. I find tanking as dull as ditchwater and healing is fun during progress but then increasingly tepid as you settle into farm. Only dps allows me interest throughout a tier.

7+ Year Old Account
    i find ret just fun to play. never seems boring to me. i tried to play frost mage and is was hysterical how simple and 3 button the dps was.

Classic ret is a buff only spec. They pretty much do 0 damage. You'll need a Nightfall to be considered for raids unless you are only looking to fill a spot in MC or something.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Classic ret is a buff only spec. They pretty much do 0 damage. You'll need a Nightfall to be considered for raids unless you are only looking to fill a spot in MC or something.
    I think that you need to re-read the thread cause what you wrote makes 0 sense.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    I think that you need to re-read the thread cause what you wrote makes 0 sense.
    Mate, it's an obvious joke. Just read the post. Nightfall? Buff-bot? It's all in there!

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP - Ret
    PvE - Ret & Prot

I dont play prot just to get into groups quicker altough that is one perk, i like tanking.

7+ Year Old Account
    A Prot spec for soloing certain rares & old content more easily.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have found all 3 specs very boring and only continue to level my alt pally out of boredom when there is nothing else to do towards the end of an expansion. Nothing against people that do like it and glad they find the fun in doing so. I just dont like the gimmiky playstyle of any of the specs.
    Here come the Irish.

I went into MoP as Ret only, and managed to clear SoO HC on 10M.
    that said, I realized half-way through on progress that I would've been more helpful if I had a Prot offspec, but it was too late for me to learn/gear for a new spec.

If you want to have a raid spot 99% of the times, have a decent off-spec, I know i'm going to do that for sure on WoD

I've mained as ret for the entirety of MoP. I very rarely had to tank during T14, used prot as a gimmick on H Stone Guards to cheese the tiles. Never tanked during ToT or during SoO for progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret is great but i switch to protection in WoD. It looks fun. The only spec i really hate is holy. It's so retarded, boring and dull, i can't find the right words to describe this abomination of a spec.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Ret is great but i switch to protection in WoD. It looks fun. The only spec i really hate is holy. It's so retarded, boring and dull, i can't find the right words to describe this abomination of a spec.
    Those are the right words. =D

But I almost exclusively main ret. Don't need to tank spec for legacy raids now that we have the buff, and being a tank in current content is almost asking for verbal raping from scrub / scumbag raiders.

Other than ICC progression ret is all I've ever played. Just be good and dedicated and you'll be fine.

Also for PvP it's perfectly fine and even more so in WOD if I'm not mistaken
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

I've played Ret exclusively since I started this game. All the way from WotLK to now.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Ret since shortly before the Black Temple patch.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I luled, 10/10
    Beta Club Brosquad

I was a holy paladin from WoW's launch until Ret started to become viable toward the end of BC. I've been Ret ever since. I like the idea of the holy avenger, landing blows on enemies with a big hammer while also supporting my allies.

So many Ret-only players I know try and act like they're pure DPS, never throwing a heal to anyone but themselves. Ret is a DPS-focused spec, but one cannot neglect the other useful abilities a paladin has. As long as you employ them regularly and when needed/most useful and don't try to "OMG METERS" all the time, I don't think anyone has a problem with a Ret-only player.

Ret has been my primary spec since Wrath, but I am also maintaining Prot as an off-spec for soloing old content. Not completely comfortable tanking current content yet, but that's an eventual goal.