Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    All i needed to know was rocket launcher and jumps.

Demoman isn't a good comparison cause that plays rather different although that depends what loadout, a demo wasn't that sturdy either unless you ran with a shield and eyelander and had a few heads.

10+ Year Old Account
    She reminds me of my Human female Paladin from WoW. I like her just because of that. ^^

Deleted
    She is a strong lady, she serves justice from the sky and also has an ancient egyptian motif besides her badass armour, what's not to like about her?

She reminds me of the jetpack unit I favored in Star Wars Battlefront a million years ago. Definitely one of the characters I'm most interested in (right behind Mercy)

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    As a huge Metroid (Prime) fan, Pharah seems the way to go. As a guy I am glad there's no boobs being thrown into my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    And then you realize she got where she got in the Egyptian army. If the situation when she started was even remotely like the Real Life Egypt, where women still have a lot of problems to deal with, it only shows how much respect that lady must have inspired in her troops.

Pharah is badass.
    I didn't even think of this, I agree 1000x. adding this to the main post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    She is a strong lady, she serves justice from the sky and also has an ancient egyptian motif besides her badass armour, what's not to like about her?
    Truly badass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    It would be also interesting if Blizzard decided that she wears hijab, the complaints heard would be amazing.
    This might be crossing a line a bit, I don't think religion(the hijab is religion, right?)in video games is the best idea, but I personally could care less. If it's egyptian culture, which I'm not very interested in, I don't see why not add a hijab.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boottybounce View Post
    This might be crossing a line a bit, I don't think religion(the hijab is religion, right?)in video games is the best idea, but I personally could care less. If it's egyptian culture, which I'm not very interested in, I don't see why not add a hijab.
    Blizzard are trying to be more diverse this time around so I think they should have religion in passing. This is after all based on the real world. It shouldn't be a huge thing, but referencing it would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Blizzard are trying to be more diverse this time around so I think they should have religion in passing. This is after all based on the real world. It shouldn't be a huge thing, but referencing it would be cool.
    That's assuming she is religious in the first place, though. I've met a girl from Tunisia who was most definitely not religious. So keep in mind: religion may be an element of someone's culture, but the person does not need to adhere to it to be from that culture.

EDIT: more practically, it would be hard to wear one of those under that helmet. I'm still wondering how she keeps all that hair in there. :P
    Last edited by Holtzmann; 2014-11-10 at 09:30 PM.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

it would be hard to wear one of those under that helmet. I'm still wondering how she keeps all that hair in there. :P
    Same way Samus does.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    Same way Samus does.
    Ancient birdman magic?

Okay, I'll take it.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Deleted
    That's assuming she is religious in the first place, though. I've met a girl from Tunisia who was most definitely not religious. So keep in mind: religion may be an element of someone's culture, but the person does not need to adhere to it to be from that culture.

EDIT: more practically, it would be hard to wear one of those under that helmet. I'm still wondering how she keeps all that hair in there. :P
    True enough. And obviously her character design is finished and she looks good without a hijab. But referencing it in passing would be cool.

Quake 3 player here, it should tell everything about why i plan to play Pharah primarily for my competitive clan. Rocket launcher bitches The fact that shes a nice character just makes it better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Quake 3 player here, it should tell everything about why i plan to play Pharah primarily for my competitive clan. Rocket launcher bitches
    Nothing like some good ol' Quake or UT <3

7+ Year Old Account
    Pharah is my favorite at the momet!

Quote Originally Posted by Boottybounce View Post
    I like your observation. I appreciate that Blizzard is putting in different body types instead of barbie models. Nothing against Barbie, but she needs to understand not all girls are like her!
    Weird that we have this perspective, because when it was released we had the exact opposite complaints. The usual suspects complained that Blizzard was showing only one body type of woman and were all over sexualized.

Also I think it's funny that your name is Booty bounce (with an extra t) and you are saying it's good to not over sexualize things :P. No attacks, just observation lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Weird that we have this perspective, because when it was released we had the exact opposite complaints. The usual suspects complained that Blizzard was showing only one body type of woman and were all over sexualized.

Also I think it's funny that your name is Booty bounce (with an extra t) and you are saying it's good to not over sexualize things :P. No attacks, just observation lol.
    I basically made this thread because everyone was all "THESE CHARACTERS SUCK THEY AREN'T EVEN DIVERSE" and I just went "wot."

OT:I get that quite a bit!

- - - Updated - - -

edit: updated OP with a video and better pictures

Deleted
    True enough. And obviously her character design is finished and she looks good without a hijab. But referencing it in passing would be cool.
    Mmmmm... no. While I can understand that this game is somehow based on the future of mankind, I'd rather keep out the religious hate out of a game. Having her wear a hijab would only mean players would start attacking the character based on the muslim culture and then endless debates on religions would arise. I'm sorry for diversity, but I don't want that. Yes, it's stupid that these debates would be created based on this, yet since they are, and we're not going to teach gamers that it's not good to attack a character based on this tomorrow, I'd rather it would be kept out.

Plus, I rather like her as she is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Mmmmm... no. While I can understand that this game is somehow based on the future of mankind, I'd rather keep out the religious hate out of a game. Having her wear a hijab would only mean players would start attacking the character based on the muslim culture and then endless debates on religions would arise. I'm sorry for diversity, but I don't want that. Yes, it's stupid that these debates would be created based on this, yet since they are, and we're not going to teach gamers that it's not good to attack a character based on this tomorrow, I'd rather it would be kept out.

Plus, I rather like her as she is.
    To be clear - I didn't say she should wear a hijab, just that her being a muslim could be referenced in passing.

Deleted
    To be clear - I didn't say she should wear a hijab, just that her being a muslim could be referenced in passing.
    Ah, that would be acceptable, especially since she is from Egypt.

Ancient birdman magic?

Okay, I'll take it.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. -Arthur C. Clarke. :P

But seriously, Pharah and Samus are essentially the same archetype. They're both strong female leads (IF YOU IGNORE OTHER M. FUCK THAT THING. Also, Pharah's not really a lead. >>). They're both heavily armored. They're both going around without cleavage, even in their breastplate. I can appreciate that.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation