10+ Year Old Account

Feel kinda like SMITE crossed with DESTINY to anyone else?

After watching the gameplay trailer i couldn't help but think that this is what might result if SMITE and DESTINY were smashed into one (not a bad thing, I'm not saying that Blizz is ripping off SMITE or DESTINY). Obviously this is very different to both, but i can see parts of each, DESTINY'S 1st person, multi class, multi ability pvp shootem up, and SMITES larger, hero oriented champion pool and more sustained skirmish and survival mechanics. I really like how it looks so far, will be interesting to see how they go with pricing, but with HOTS already in production i don't think Blizz is looking for another F2P tittle, i think they'll go down the ~$70 pay once option with possible in game hero and cosmetic purchases. Can't wait to see where they are going with this, looking forward to hopefully getting a beta key.

Eh, after playing it over the weekend it felt much more like Quake with a heavy emphasis on abilities and objectives

Forge ( playforgewar is the site ) Crossed with Rakion .. Seriously both of those games, exactly what u want to compare too

I can see why ppl compare it to TF2, but SMITE or Destiny? I didn't see any MOBA elements at all and Destiny's "1st person, multi class, multi ability pvp shootem up" isn' t unique AT ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Eh, after playing it over the weekend it felt much more like Quake with a heavy emphasis on abilities and objectives
    Now I'm getting hyped, Quake is awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels like Pixel went out with a female Blizzard employee and made love and their baby was Overwatch.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    That was my first thought. But a mix of Smite and Quake.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

I personally see a mix of Team Fortress 2 and GunZ 2: The Second Duel with Quake/Unreal Tournament sprinkled on top than I see SMITE or Destiny.

Deleted
    People seem to be comparing every new game with Destiny now. Like, no matter how nonsensical. A new Rugrats game could come out and I'm sure at least one person would squint and say "Hmm, you know...they seem to be copying Destiny here."

10+ Year Old Account
    More like small amounts of smite mixed with Tf2. Its smite like abilities without the moba maps, with tf2 shooting and maps.

Deleted
    I wonder if you can play Overwatch in singleplayer mode like you could with Q3 and the UT games? They both had "campaigns" which really just was arena fights vs increasingly harder bots (iirc). It would be nice as training before you go against real players.

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    I wonder if you can play Overwatch in singleplayer mode like you could with Q3 and the UT games? They both had "campaigns" which really just was arena fights vs increasingly harder bots (iirc). It would be nice as training before you go against real players.
    That's a brilliant idea! Would be great to be able to pratice against bots. Then again, OW was so eash to learn over five minutes while playing at Blizzcon that yoju really don't need bots.

Deleted
    That's a brilliant idea! Would be great to be able to pratice against bots. Then again, OW was so eash to learn over five minutes while playing at Blizzcon that yoju really don't need bots.
    Afaik there will be no single player any time soon:
    "I don't think we would ever do a single-player campaign, because the way these characters work... they're cool when you combine them together," explained game director Jeff Kaplan. "Some don't play well alone, either. Unless we built a campaign around supporting somebody else, a support character like Mercy probably wouldn't do well."
    Source: http://kotaku.com/overwatch-has-a-st...yer-1657036638

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    Even the most hardest-core of hardcore bots is still a complete moron compared to a human opponent. Back when I played the various UT games, even godlike bots were sheep to the slaughter - but against human opponents, I was the sheep.

People cooperate, iterate, innovate, and... unfortunately, exploit. Bots don't. (Not in FPS games, anyway. SCREW YOU SC2 BOTS AND YOUR CHEATY INCOME!) Even if Blizz took the time to reprogram bots every time a new tactic or exploit ("creative" use of game mechanics) surfaced, by the time they got it working in a bot, it would be old hat everyone knew how to counter.

That is not to say I would not support the introduction of bots. There are a lot of times I just want to unwind and murder, and human opponents take way too much effort.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Even the most hardest-core of hardcore bots is still a complete moron compared to a human opponent. Back when I played the various UT games, even godlike bots were sheep to the slaughter - but against human opponents, I was the sheep.

People cooperate, iterate, innovate, and... unfortunately, exploit. Bots don't. (Not in FPS games, anyway. SCREW YOU SC2 BOTS AND YOUR CHEATY INCOME!) Even if Blizz took the time to reprogram bots every time a new tactic or exploit ("creative" use of game mechanics) surfaced, by the time they got it working in a bot, it would be old hat everyone knew how to counter.

That is not to say I would not support the introduction of bots. There are a lot of times I just want to unwind and murder, and human opponents take way too much effort.
    It's still a good place to learn abilities.

Not even remotely.

To me, it's the crisp and hero-based gameplay of Team Fortress 2, mixed with generally DOTA-style abilities and a healthy smattering of Monday Night Combat's art style, and the verticality in gameplay of Firefall.

I'd say Team Fortress 2 mixed with Borderlands, more than anything. Minus the loot, obviously.