Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So let's assume we have a "normal" Paladin healer, meaning one who does not play perfectly but still makes mistakes and wants to focus on doing the most important things right (and not care about minor stuff). Would the following be a good strategy:

1. Make sure to always be casting something, when in doubt just spam Holy Light on someone.
    2. Make sure to always cast Holy Shock on cooldown. Make a Weak Aura or timer and press it as soon as it's off CD, it doesn't even matter that much who you heal with it as long as it's used off cooldown.
    3. Use your Prism on cooldown and cast Flash of Light in between Holy Shock in case incoming damage is severe (replacing the HL casts you are always spamming otherwise).
    4. If you got the time for it, eventually cast your EF, but don't worry about it too much, doing 1-3 right is far more important and even if you never cast a single EF in the whole fight you don't really lose much. Concentrate on 1-3 to improve and only start worrying about EF once you got these basics down properly.

Yes/no?
    Last edited by MegaVolti; 2015-09-11 at 10:13 AM.

Deleted
    0. always be aware of the fact, that up to a level of 50% haste, due to haste scaling of Holyshocks Cooldown, you can always fit a short cast (1 GCD Instant, FoL, EF...) and one Holy Light inbetween 2 Holyshocks. During AW it's 2 short casts. Once you internalized that, the Holyshock Cooldown thing will come by itself. Everything else follows. Feel the flow

Deleted
    This has been very helpful.

Do you always run with the merciful wrath glyph? I recently started raiding properly on my paladin and still got a few things here and there I need to tweak.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Braig/advanced

I have a lot of crit, but I will probably drop a lot of it once I start acquiring some tier pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    Do you always run with the merciful wrath glyph? I recently started raiding properly on my paladin and still got a few things here and there I need to tweak.

I have a lot of crit, but I will probably drop a lot of it once I start acquiring some tier pieces
    I think it is necessary. Quite useful to heal through many mechanics.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

Deleted
    Without MW, your AW(SW) is so utterly powerful, that you actually waste tons of haste and crit due to overcapping. You might find yourself having HS spammable on GCD and 0.x casttimes on spells with a 1s GCD. You also do not need more than 100% HS crit during AW, which is also given with the MW glyph.

So it's not only about having something available every 1.5 minutes, but also about AW not breaking the barriers of sanity.

Besides: Right now you require some haste, especially without 4p. But with 4p, your haste value drastically drops beyond 839 haste (but you probably don't have the choice though). Crit value also drops beyond 2069 crit, but not so much as you wouldn't wanna get more. More like you wouldn't wanna drop below that.
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2015-10-10 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post

Like Sixthumbs mentioned, the Merciful Wrath glyph makes Sanctified Wrath a much more consistent cooldown. Using AW with Sanctified Wrath as a 3 minute cooldown just doesn't function quite the same as other throughput healer's 3 minute CDs. AW + SW isn't distributed across the raid like Healing Tide or Tranquility is and that's usually what you want for a situation where one of those CDs is necessary. Our Devotion Aura fills that role very nicely so it's more beneficial to turn Avenging Wrath into a slightly less powerful but more consistent cooldown.

Even after the softcap of 2069, Crit is still a very strong secondary. Once you start obtaining your 4 piece, your secondary stat allocation will even out a bit. If you have any other options with haste on them it might be beneficial until you get your 4 piece.

Alright, thanks for the responses. I will just have to grab what I can when we raid again, it's a brand new char so I quite literally only have the items I have equipped.

Deleted
    Please keep in mind though that unglyphed wings are preferable on at least two mythic bosses in HFC.
    You won't need AW on Xhulhorac pre 20% since there is little to no raid-dmg. Also Gorefiend doesn't require wings for healing the Tortured Essences and three minute wings lines up perfectly with feasts. Depends on your cooldown-strategy of course.

/edit: Fixed the name of the Gorefiend adds.
    Last edited by mmoc57be7cc4f9; 2015-10-12 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velv View Post
    Please keep in mind though that unglyphed wings are preferable on at least two mythic bosses in HFC.
    You won't need AW on Xhulhorac pre 20% since there is little to no raid-dmg. Also Gorefiend doesn't require wings for healing the Tormented Souls and three minute wings lines up perfectly with feasts. Depends on your cooldown-strategy of course.
    Interesting. I can agree with you on Xhul'horac, but I don't see the reasoning behind not using Avenging Wrath inside Gorefiend's stomach to heal the Essences. While we were progressing on Gorefiend I found it to be much much harder to top off the Essences on the off chance that I messed up my AW cooldown and didn't have it up when I got sent down. On top of that, I don't see us being that great at healing Feast of Souls. Outside of Holy Radiance > Holy Shock (Daybreak) > Light of Dawn, we just don't really have any great AoE that won't make us go OOM really quickly.

What were you doing on Gorefiend to make healing the Essences so easy?

Deleted
    Can't post logs since ours are private for some reasons so imgur has to do...
    http://i.imgur.com/3xEuXcG.png?1

Screenshot is from our first kill. As you can see I just did the usual (glyphed) beacon swap thing. Used the Kilrogg trinket everytime I was down + LoH 1st and 3rd time.

Also I guess I lucked out since I didn't get sent down once with our disc on that particular try..^^
    http://i.imgur.com/2k9R5Ys.png?1
    But either way it would have been fine.

So it worked out for us but if you don't need wings during feast then sure, use it on the adds with glyph.

Deleted
    It hardly depends on your raidcomb. But I actually, especially as a Paladin, see our strength for Gorefiend not during feast but the normal Phase. Damage during Feast is homogenious and if you bring any two of sham/druid/monk/holypriest, you could as well go afk as a Paladin. With a way more heterogenous damage distrubution due to whatever RNG happens during the normal Phase, I even found myself saving DA for when to many essences come to the surface. So I do not really agree on that.

Quick Q. Does either the 2 pc or 4 pc set from Hellfire Citidal activate on the beacon of faith target or just the beacon of light target?

Quote Originally Posted by Dyfar View Post
    Quick Q. Does either the 2 pc or 4 pc set from Hellfire Citidal activate on the beacon of faith target or just the beacon of light target?
    It works with both. Beacon of faith is basically a second beacon of light in every way.

Question: I've reached 2200 crit now, and I was wondering how other paladins are handling the crit cap. Do you keep stacking crit or go for haste? I saw that the paladin in Paragon was running 2400 crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Artiks View Post
    It works with both. Beacon of faith is basically a second beacon of light in every way.

Question: I've reached 2200 crit now, and I was wondering how other paladins are handling the crit cap. Do you keep stacking crit or go for haste? I saw that the paladin in Paragon was running 2400 crit.
    My current model shows that crit and mastery are very close to each other for both Selfless Healer and Eternal Flame, but once you go over the crit softcap mastery becomes better. Crit still remains our second best stat.

Once you've reached the haste soft cap of 839 with the 4 piece, haste is one of our worst stats. If you choose to go for less crit, you should go for mastery.

Deleted
    Hey, when I'm in a Grp with another Healpally I often heal way less with my beacon. Archi HC today one Pally had 100k HPS with 10M Beacon of Light and I had 70K HPS with 6M from Beacon of Light. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Hey, when I'm in a Grp with another Healpally I often heal way less with my beacon. Archi HC today one Pally had 100k HPS with 10M Beacon of Light and I had 70K HPS with 6M from Beacon of Light. What am I doing wrong?
    Do you have logs?
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    6mil out of 70 is not way less than 10mil out of 100k. Your beacon healing breakdown is about the same and it just sounds like a gear and/or skill issue. No way to know without logs tho.

mythic set hands take with socket or mythic warforged?
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    mythic set hands take with socket or mythic warforged?
    Socket is worth more on everything but trinkets and weapon.