Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It would be best to call the post office first and see what they can tell you. In the end if it turns out someone did falsely sign for it and take it:

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/c...complaint.aspx

I've had to file a few mail frauds, thanks to bad buyers on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    I may be wrong, but I believe what OP meant was that the deliveryman apparently didn't knock, signed the package himself, n bolted. A legitimate doubt I think cuz according to OP their shift ended at 8 yet he got the text an hour later.
    Sometimes the deliveryman will mark it as delivered and then deliver it the next day, especially now that the holidays are rolling around they are really busy. You'll get it tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Sometimes the deliveryman will mark it as delivered and then deliver it the next day, especially now that the holidays are rolling around they are really busy. You'll get it tomorrow.
    I've had that happen numerous times, so much rage. Sometimes not even the next day; once was a week later.

Although they weren't deliveries that required signatures. I've never had one forge a signature in the process. Usually just note it as delivered when it wasn't yet.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I've had that happen numerous times, so much rage. Sometimes not even the next day; once was a week later.

Although they weren't deliveries that required signatures. I've never had one forge a signature in the process. Usually just note it as delivered when it wasn't yet.
    I worked as a delivery driver for a while. Sometimes it's an honest mistake. No one home, ok, use my device and... oh crap, I hit the "delivered" button and it went through. If it has no delivery instructions, fine, I'll just put it somewhere not visible from the street.

Other times, it was beyond the end of my shift and I still had packages. Your tracker will say "on the delivery truck," or similar, but I was done, so they really went back to base.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.