Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Razer Build Quality - Awful

Hey there

I've had 2 brand new Razer products for a couple days now and one had a fault straight out the box and the other has just developed an issue.

DeathAdder 2013 - straight out the box the left mouse button had no resistance to it so when I rested my finger on it, no matter how lightly, the button would depress. Gaming, internet and general PC use was a hugely frustrating experience. Also the green logo on the mouse was constantly flashing. I tried different USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports on the front and back of the tower but it just continued to flash.

DeathStalker - This has only been out the box about 36 hours (as of this post) but the 'spring' (not sure what the technical term is) on left side of the space bar has gone so the left part of the space bar just stays down and doesn't register when it's been pressed so for gaming in a WASD position it's completely useless.

Pretty disappointed that both units have had issues after such a short amount of time but not all that surprised as I had read a fair bit of negative press regarding Razer's quality control. Should have steered clear. The DA is boxed ready to go back to the retailer and I bought a Logitech G700s in its place.

Any suggestions for chiclet/low-profile/silent style keyboards would be appreciated.

Anyway, I won't warn you away from all Razer products but if you were thinking about either of these 2 I'd suggest you give them a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by City View Post
    Anyway, I won't warn you away from all Razer products but if you were thinking about either of these 2 I'd suggest you give them a miss.
    Isnt that warning people away though?

Faulty parts can and will happen with every thing. Its a fact.

That being said, I have owned, almost exclusively, Razer products and have not once had an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    You didnt happen to buy those razer products on amazon or at walmart did you?

Iv found unless i purchased razer from best buy or direct that the products seem sub par. I've been using their products for well almost since the beginning. I've only had 2 issues in the 15 + products iv purchased one was damaged in shipping from direct and the other i had a light go out on a mouse. I returned it to best buy and had it replaced and still using it. The other Razer promptly replaced (overnight shipment might I add) (if your wondering why iv bought 15+ products, its not because of eventual defects or wearing out. I tend to upgrade everything to mechanical over time and give my old stuff to relatives and friends as well as use some of my old mice at work as well)

Current peripherals, Blackwidow, Blackshark, Naga, Nostromo all on main rig, 3 different Razer naga at work at multiple workstations.
    I have used other keyboards in the past Was particularly fond of the Logitec G15 for a while.
    Will be soon purchasing an Orbweaver been long ovedue upgrade to my nostromo none of the keys have color on the keys anymore.

I had a friend buy 2 keyboards from walmart and both were faulty. another friend buy some from amazon and were fakes and had faulty issues.

The only other issues iv found is people say they are cheap and plastic well stop treating your stuff like crap throwing mice and slamming keyboards like children.
    Last edited by Rotomon; 2014-11-11 at 06:50 PM.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

I own a black widow tourny edition and i love it only issue i noticed is the mini usb that plugs into the board can get loose and the board will randomly turn off nothing a bit of super glue didnt fix thats the only issue ive had. i've also owned a naga for 3 years and its the best thing ive ever bought hands down

I've had the same, I've completely given up on Razer products, after my Tiamat Headset fell apart after 6 months I decided to go with a Asus ROG headset, left driver died after 6 weeks, got a replacement, same thing happened, So I avoid Asus peripherals too now, I currently have a Saitek Cyborg v7 keyboard (now madcats cyborg v7) , Corsair vengeance 2100 headset, and a Gigabyte M8000X mouse, these 3 I highly recommend, they are awesome. The keyboards a bit Ricer, but I use the macro buttons allot, If it's not your thing you could try a Logitech G keyboard. Currently, I don't think anyone beats Gigabyte or Corsair for build quality and durability, I have a corsair case, gigabyte gpu, mobo e.t.c and I'm extremely satisfied with it all, seems there peripherals are just as good too.

The prices are ridiculous, they last 6-12 months usually, and they aren't even any better than other stuff that's cheaper. They are just a products for people with more money than sense IMO.

I've owned 2 Tiamat headsets, a deathadder, a Naga, and 2 different keyboards, all of which lasted no longer than weeks/months of use. Everything I'm currently using is (imo) better anyway, and has lasted twice as long at half the price.

Even if it is just bad luck, they should look into their quality assurance department, because I've never encountered so many problems with so many things from within one brand in my life.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2014-11-11 at 06:59 PM.

I've had a naga for a few years now and have had zero issues with it. It's gotten some pretty heavy use as well...kind of surprised honestly that it still runs perfect. Maybe it's hit or miss and I've just been lucky.

Wife uses the Logitech alternative (no clue what it's called atm) and it seems to stop working completely at random times. I think it has more to do with a driver issue since she's using it on an iMac though. Still usable, but about as reliable as Charter internet.
    Last edited by Serem; 2014-11-11 at 06:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    MMO-C is the depressing retirement home of world of warcraft. This is where all the old and retired players come to die.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the keyboards are okey, but the mouses on the other hand is so poor quality. i have had 2 deathadder 2013 , both of them had issues with the sensor after a few months use. after that i have kinda lost my interest in buying a razer products ever again. i currently own a g710+ and g402 from logitech, both the keyboard and mouse has good build quality, and so far i have never had any issues . razer forces you to pay for overpriced junk that dosent even justify the pricetag on most of their products, and has poor build quality and durability.

Quote Originally Posted by Serem View Post
    I've had a naga for a few years now and have had zero issues with it. It's gotten some pretty heavy use as well...kind of surprised honestly that it still runs perfect. Maybe it's hit or miss and I've just been lucky.

Wife uses the Logitech alternative (no clue what it's called atm) and it seems to stop working completely at random times. I think it has more to do with a driver issue since she's using it on an iMac though. Still usable, but about as reliable as Charter internet.

I had this same exact issue with my G600, which was really annoying because the naga is too small for my trollish hands. If you're having the same problem then its definitely hardware related.

Anyway, OP, its pretty well known that Razer makes shitty products. I am suprised you had issues with the death adder though, that particular mouse seems to be the only thing Razer typically does well.

Deleted
    I have razer headset and I love it! for 1.5year no single issue! As for mouse I would rather go for logitech g700s than for any other razer mouse ;S

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't own any Razer products myself, but I have 2 friends that have Razer Nagas and love them. I've used them, and they seemed pretty solidly built to me. Of course, those two mice are the only ones I've actually used myself.

I personally go Logitech for everything, they've never let me down. The only time I had a Logitech product fail was 1 MX Revolution mouse whose left button died after about 7 years of constant use, and a G710+ mechanical keyboard that had a few keys die after my cat threw up in it (long story). Needless to say, that was a $100 barf, as I had to order a new keyboard 5 minutes after it happened and use a $5 Micro Center el cheapo endcap keyboard for the 2 days until the new keyboard arrived.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2014-11-11 at 07:15 PM.

Deleted
    Rotomon
    The mouse was bought from an Amazon outlet but the keyboard from a reputable IT retailer here in the UK.

The DeathStalker especially does feel well built but the overall quality control just seems to be a bit lacking on these more recent products (Naga excluded). It's a shame but I have to say G700s feels like a far superior product for a only a few £ more so I'll probably look at Logitech for a solution for the keyboard.
    Last edited by mmoc05ee955544; 2014-11-11 at 10:27 PM.

I've never been burned by Razer and I've been using their products a very long time. I had a Boomslang when it first hit the market years ago and have had 2 Deathadders, and currently have a Naga and their Mechanical Keyboard. Oh, and a Carcharias headset. I've never lost one to it just being broken. Most of their products I've had for years. I always get them from Best Buy or Razer and have yet to be let down. I've read tons of people who have the same issues you've had with their products but so far I haven't been burned.

Outside Razer I usually go Logitech. Their mmo mouse I like a little more than my Naga just because its a little bigger in the hand and I like the way the thumb buttons are layed out with slants to tell which row you are on.

Still I enjoy Razer and will probably continue to use their products until I get burned.

Deleted
    The thing to go on my razer products has usually been springs and clicks, nothing I couldn't solve with a tiny rolled up piece of paper.

Quote Originally Posted by City View Post
    Rotomon
    The mouse was bought from an Amazon outlet but the keyboard from a reputable IT retailer here in the UK.

The DeathStalker especially does feel well built but the overall quality control just seems to be a bit lacking on these more recent products (Naga excluded). It's a shame but I have to say G700s feels like a far superior product for a only a few £ more so I'll probably look at Logitech for a solution for the keyboard.

check out das keyboard.

best keyboard i've ever used, owned for 8 years and when i shine it up it looks and feels brand new.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I bought a Razer keyboard (black widow) and mouse (deathadder) last year and I have yet to have a problem with them.

My major complaint is that they are glossy and overpriced (had a $100 walmart giftcard).

Razer is a absolutely horrible quality brand with fantastic marketing and design. Almost everything Razor is built cheap and feels cheap and sells for a premium. They have a huge following because of the way they look and the design, it draws a lot of customers. People that know better and want actual quality don't get Razor. Buying Razor is like buying a Alien ware computer...Ripoff.

Brand that makes the best keyboards = Ducky (by far)

Best mouses = Generally Logitech
    Last edited by DarkArchon; 2014-11-12 at 01:43 AM.

And who is surprised?

Still using my 2009 Naga. Only issue I've had was having to replace the switch for the left button a few months ago. It was getting worn out and would sometimes double-click when the button was held down.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Isnt that warning people away though?

Faulty parts can and will happen with every thing. Its a fact.

That being said, I have owned, almost exclusively, Razer products and have not once had an issue.
    This is my sentiment as well; I've got so much Razer stuff and my five year old Naga, six year old Carcharias, and ....5-6 year old Lycosa Mirror still work perfectly fine and my wife has a set of newer Razer stuff than I do and we've quite literally had zero problems with our Razer peripherals; most bought from either Amazon or the Razer store.

The Razer Blade (2014) on the other hand...was a fucking nightmare.
    I bought one in August (end of the month) 2014 and got it a few days later, it had numerous spots of black, dead pixels.
    I called Razer, sent it back for a replacement, and got a another. This one had a puncture of some kind in the panel (that is, the actual thing with pixels on it, the backlight was coming through on the far right side)
    Then I sent that one back, I got a third one...it was fine for a few days and then POOF, a small line/clump of pixels turn red and never change after a week or so.
    I send this one back and finally, I've had the final one for around two weeks and it's a charm, so hopefully that marks the end of it.

I tell you this to make my greater point about Razer - I think in the areas they're experienced/established in, they make wonderful stuff; so their peripherals are marvelous and I have never had a failure/problem/defect in any of mine.

Systems on the other hand, are a newer part of their business and clearly they've got supply-chain issues and the like as they have trouble keeping them in and when they get them, there are problems - I googled around as much as I could to read about other people with problems and I saw quite a few people who waited weeks to get their computers sent to them and then they got one with a bad screen or something similar. I still really like the Blade, it's a good-looking machine that's got a beautiful QHD screen and it runs my games very well; I don't think the QHD screen is necessary and I may have just bought the Pro model with a regular old 1920x1080 but it had a weaker GPU (and it was more expensive) so I bought the smaller one with the bigger SSD. It does perform fine and like any gaming laptop, it gets hot.

Anyway, way off topic, this isn't about their systems so much as their other stuff - but that's my general assessment of their products as a practical person who still opts to use their items as I've personally not experienced any issues, though that means very little for you as I'm just one person.

Not sure what other decent gaming chiclet cap keyboards there are - I think Logisys makes one, as I saw it when I was browsing Newegg but I have no idea if it's quality. Rosewill might have one, they make mechanical gaming keyboards too that have pretty good reviews.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

I've had my razer naga mouse for over a year and I love it. It works just fine.