Voters
58. This poll is closed
  • Yes

8 13.79%
  • No

31 53.45%
  • A little bit

5 8.62%
  • I don´t like this study. it goes against what I want to believe so I think your a racist asshole.

14 24.14%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingsomething View Post
    Them being Turks is even more concering because the Turks are very strict about a seperation of Church and State.
    For all we know we could have Christian Turks that think Jihad is OK; The OP is in this regard simply islamophobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why Muslims aren't treated any different than Christians, for better and for worse...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    you mean Arabs?
    Cos Turks are Muslims, but not Arabs.
    No, the article is literally saying that the surveyed were Turks, not Muslim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymer View Post
    Jihad is a struggle for God. Not a violent campaign against non-believers; this is strictly forbidden (haram). The only occasion where violence is permitted by the Qur'an is when in defence of innocents.

The most important teaching of Islam is that life is sacred and that only God can judge men. Any one that calls them self a Jihadist and believes that violence against peaceful people or to convert people of other faiths is NOT a Muslim.

I deal with crap like this every day at work (I teach Religious Studies in a secondary school). Someone lock this ridiculous incendiary thread.
    Too bad most Muslims and Muslim nations don't follow that logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Mmmm, the discrimination in this case is because of the War on Terror. No way Muslims experience more racism than blacks in the US. No way Muslims experience more racism than Mexicans.
    muslims can't experience racism, because muslim isn't a race. jesus christ, i wish people would get it fucking right. arabs, turks, people like that may experience racism, not muslims.

to the topic at hand, really, who the hell is surprised by this? i'm certainly not.

I don't see why Muslims aren't treated any different than Christians, for better and for worse...
    Maybe because they are different?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That's the pattern as I see it. Muslims immigrate to the EU, experience racism for the first time, learn to hate the EU.

Muslims don't have it so bad in the US, I think this is because we have a lot of immigrants from all over and Muslims are nowhere near the top on the list of people to hate.
    It's hard to expirience racism when you group up together never attempting to make friends outside of your religion. It's pretty sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    You remind me of these two fine speciments of humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sample size is only 300....I'm dubious about the accuracy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    For all we know we could have Christian Turks that think Jihad is OK; The OP is in this regard simply islamophobic.
    There is no reason for the media to ask Christian turks what their opinion about ''Jihad'' is. Also being wary of Islam should in no way be regarded as a bad thing as long as there are numerous terrorist organisations that use the same religion to reign terror.

Reza Aslan doesn't believe in Allah though, so he has little in common with most Muslims.

Bull shit. The vast majority of Muslims follow the peaceful nature of their religion. That is like saying all white Americans are racist because of the Ku Klux Klan.

Yeah indeed..........Source?
    I'd rather say that most Muslims Do follow that logic, but that the ones who doesn't just outshine them because, then we get a reason to hate all muslims!

10+ Year Old Account
    Turkey is 99.8% Islamic, so stop trying to side step the issue. If Islam was so great then Islamic countries would be wonderful, as it is they are all trying to get to the Christian countries, that should tell them something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingsomething View Post
    There is no reason for the media to ask Christian turks what their opinion about ''Jihad'' is. Also being wary of Islam should in no way be regarded as a bad thing as long as there are numerous terrorist organisations that use the same religion to reign terror.
    We don't know who were being surveyed except Turks. So yeah, could be non-Muslims asked as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when does Turkish youth equal all of western born Islam?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    Reza Aslan doesn't believe in Allah though, so he has little in common with most Muslims.
    The link was more in regards to the blatant racism and bigotry by some of the people in this thread.
    Also, he claims that he is a muslim, so who are you, me or anyone else to judge.,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aoussar123 View Post
    You remind me of these two fine speciments of humanity.
    Don't have sound but I am guessing your pretty clueless if you think otherwise. I don't' know of many places that will simply KILL you for drawing a picture or renouncing your religion.. I don't know of many other places that will STONE a women to death for being raped. The list goes on and you will also find a lot of support for it by the citizens. The middle east is still living in the 14th century.

Bull shit. The vast majority of Muslims follow the peaceful nature of their religion. That is like saying all white Americans are racist because of the Ku Klux Klan.
    Except the Klu Klux Klan isn't a religion so its an inexact comparison. Unless your saying "cult" mentality plays an important role in these issues, which I would agree with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong, the Quran prescribes violence, the Holy Bible describes it only, this is the difference, Islam at it's core is violent, always was and always will be, until it is extinct, I suspect they will wipe themselves out of existence with all of their in fighting.