Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    a majority of bottled water comes from the tap aka pipes.

- - - Updated - - -

funny because NYC still has wooden water mains.

I also work for the Utilities dept in a major city and you guys would be suprised as to whats in some of the pipes that your water comes from.
    Never had a problem drinking tap water growing up in NYC. Never bought a bottle of water until i got stationed out here in Yuma az. Worst fucking water, filters don't do anything to fix the taste.

Tastes better than the tapwater in some areas, duh. It's also more controlled (not that tapwater itself is bad in most places but if you're at a restaurant, say, you don't want the dishwater the busboy has been dipping his balls in).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Tastes better than the tapwater in some areas, duh. It's also more controlled (not that tapwater itself is bad in most places but if you're at a restaurant, say, you don't want the dishwater the busboy has been dipping his balls in).
    That's not a particularly realistic concern :-/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    That's not a particularly realistic concern :-/
    You concern yourself with what concerns you, and I'll concern myself with what concerns me

It's a far fetched example obviously.

Good quality tap water is pretty rare. The Nordics have excellent tap water but in most other countries this isn't the case. I find it a bit surprising that bottled water sell so well in the Nordics though. Since it's only useful when you don't have nearby access to a tap, which in turn pretty much means you don't have nearby access to bottled water either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Good quality tap water is pretty rare. The Nordics have excellent tap water but in most other countries this isn't the case. I find it a bit surprising that bottled water sell so well in the Nordics though. Since it's only useful when you don't have nearby access to a tap, which in turn pretty much means you don't have nearby access to bottled water either.
    I've never tasted "bad" tap water. I've had tap water that was slightly rust-colored, but it tasted fine and after speaking to some folks at the water utility, was told it was completely safe to drink. If I was really worried about it, I'd just get a water purifier.

Bottled water doesn't taste any different from tap water unless it's one of those really expensive brands, and I ain't gonna waste $6 on a fucking bottle of water.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

More likely it had nothing to do with the tap water itself and was just you.
    He was talking about DC, so I would just assume everyone is taking a weird shit and they consider it normal.

Not the real folk there, you're cool.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    He was talking about DC, so I would just assume everyone is taking a weird shit and they consider it normal.

Not the real folk there, you're cool.
    Oh, you mean the place that was a malaria-infested swamp? That place?

Oh, you mean the place that was a malaria-infested swamp? That place?
    Was? :P

Anyway, more OT: I don't understand bottled water. I just use a filter and keep it in my refrigerator.

Edit: for people claiming it tastes like bleach or similar, I promise I'd taste it. My mouth can detect 5 grains of MSG added to 8oz of chicken stock.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2014-11-14 at 08:47 AM.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    I only drink bottled water at work. bottles are recycled, it tastes fine, it's super cold, it's easily accessible and can be re-sealed, it's free.

Deleted
    Read Evian backwards and ye shall find the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by nvael View Post
    Read Evian backwards and ye all find the answer.

Think thats more to do with the area it comes from. Evian-les-Bains

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    We're NOT talking about countries where tap water isn't safe.

Tap water: No chemicals added..
    Ummm... I'll bet there are chemicals in your tap water you know nothing about. Even in Denmark.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

without a filter tap water has this funny after taste over here. also sparkles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    I used to wonder why people drink bottled water at all, too, being from Denmark. But then I traveled and realized that far from every country in the world is as lucky as we are when it comes to clean water reserves-
    such an easy answer huh - it has to 100% with were your water comes from - a town 100miles away can have a clean source while the other is not the best and has to be treated. once treated it losses a lot of its TDS (calcium, magnesium etc). also other effects such as the lowering of PH.

Check the PH of your water - if you have heartburn or stomach aches frequently or all the time without medication then i can almost guarantee the water you drink is low in PH. anything under 7.5 i no longer drink unless i have to and in small quantity.

aquafina > arrowhead in terms of taste (imo) but aqaufina has low PH so... arrowhead > aquafina for me.

I carry a water bottle with me just to drink on the go.

I live in area where fracking impacts the quailty of water, so they put chemicals in it. The water here just tastes disgusting. When I go back home to Arkansas, though, I don't drink bottled water.