Deleted

Logging in at launch

So one of my friends and I have been considering staying up for the launch and playing. But the thing we are scared most about is the log-in at launch.

Does anyone know how bad the log-in will be with this x-pack or how bad it was with MoP?

Deleted
    Depends on the server you are playing on. Usually the login servers crash and you won't be able to log in for about 20 min - 1 h. If you are playing on a high pop server you might get stuck in a que. Thats my experience of it anyway : /

Deleted
    There is no log in per say, as the servers don't go down at launch. You just stay in a couple of hours before and the quest will pop up for you, and you can go through the portal at midnight.

There is however a real chance that you will either be stuck on loading screens or get kicked out of the server the moment thousands of people on your server moves through the portal at the same time. It usually takes a couple of hours for things to settle down.

Despite what people say. Blizzard handle releases very well compared to other companies

15+ Year Old Account
    It will probably be relatively bad, alwayas has been but you will get in alright. Might be some dc's and lag as well.
    Wont bother you that much in the end considering you will enjoy the new content and all thats new.

Oh forgot, if you want to be sure just be logged in before midnight so you dont have to encounter any possible hammering on the loginservers.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Depends on the server you are playing on. Usually the login servers crash and you won't be able to log in for about 20 min - 1 h. If you are playing on a high pop server you might get stuck in a que. Thats my experience of it anyway : /
    Since when? The past two expansions they have done pre-patches and never took down the servers so many people were already in the game when they opened the expansion. I played on Illidan during Cataclysm and Darkspear during Mist and never had a problem since they implemented that change.

The queue time however is another story, although it will be 12 on the west coast you are looking at 2-3am for every other person in the states on a weekday. Majority of people will be asleep.

Deleted
    Pretty sure it will be like MoP. You can log in long before and just be online and ingame when the expansion goes live.

like in MoP you won't need to relog or login after the expansion is live, just stay online like 4-5 hours before, and when the expansion goes live you can start to play.

Deleted
    It will be my first launch of an expansion, even though I've been around since vanilla. I've been warned about lots of lag, lots of people fighting over stuff and a lot of disconnects. If you play on a high pop server, make sure you queue an hour before or so. At least.

We are a few from my Guild that will be online for a few, or more then a few, hours and we'll play together and chat on ts. Looking forward to it, but first I need to finish work. Only from 8.30 am to 9.00 pm so I should be fine to play all night long.. Yeah..

Log in an hour or two beforehand, and you'll be ready to go the moment they flip the switch. No relogs required. If you play on a High-Full server, you might encounter some lag problems. Otherwise you'll be fine and dandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Moudahl View Post
    So one of my friends and I have been considering staying up for the launch and playing. But the thing we are scared most about is the log-in at launch.

Does anyone know how bad the log-in will be with this x-pack or how bad it was with MoP?
    I played on a low pop server for a few years, but here's my experience:

BC, no queue, servers were down
    Wrath, 40 minute queue, then servers went down for 2 days I think
    Cata, 2 hour queue
    MoP, 2 hour queue, got DC'd multiple times and lost my place in line

For BC and Wrath I played on The Scryers which was a new server to BC, for cata and mop I played on Tichondrious which is the largest wow NA server. I now play on A52 so I'm expecting a decent queue

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be bad. It's always bad.

If you're not logged in like an hour before the expansion drops, you'll probably have 15-60 minutes in queue.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Log in a like 2 hours before wod goes live. Pray to something u believe in that the server wont crash or you get disconnected and ur settled for the night.

If the server crashes it takes roughly 1-2 hours to fix it and the queue wont be big if there is any at all.
    When you dc well then prepare to wait atleast 15 mins to get back in cause of the queue

Deleted
    Yup like everyone else said, log in early, but expect a few disconnects at launch, hopefully all will go well, blizz are pretty hardcore at this malarkey, I wouldn't want to be working in one of their dataservers tonight though