Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackielope View Post
    To play tinfoil hat for a moment, they might not be giving us interesting bonuses because they don't want to give us interesting bonuses. It feels like they're afraid if we get even a little more interesting or playable that WoW itself will implode.
    I rather have something I can rely on than something I can't.With that said, the tier bonuses likely won't show on the meters as a huge boost to our healing, but if they push guilds into never going for more than 1 holy paladin then they've accomplished their goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Arawn1997 View Post
    I rather have something I can rely on than something I can't.With that said, the tier bonuses likely won't show on the meters as a huge boost to our healing, but if they push guilds into never going for more than 1 holy paladin then they've accomplished their goal.
    If anything, this set bonus will make the 2xHoly Paladin Mythic raid setup even more prevalent. I don't know why anyone thinks that buffing the primary thing that makes Holy Paladins so overpowered will somehow make running more than one less desirable. It's far more likely that running two will let you run one less healer overall on many fights by further automating/removing the need to pay attention to tank healing entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    If anything, this set bonus will make the 2xHoly Paladin Mythic raid setup even more prevalent. I don't know why anyone thinks that buffing the primary thing that makes Holy Paladins so overpowered will somehow make running more than one less desirable. It's far more likely that running two will let you run one less healer overall on many fights by further automating/removing the need to pay attention to tank healing entirely.
    Depends on how one thinks about it. If this boosts us enough that we're basically the only tank healer needed then other healers can focus on other things and maybe one can go DPS, or at least some sort of hybrid if hybrid is good enough. Might just end up being a boomkin tossing out Tranq when needed.

Two holydins with set bonuses will almost certainly be even more tank overheal. Sure it's a nice safety net, but there are better ways to go about it.

It might not change anything at all though. We'll still be used for keeping the tanks up and Disc priests will still be used for the easy shields that can trivialize some encounter mechanics (like Mythic Maidens).
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Might just end up being a boomkin tossing out Tranq when needed.
    Yeah, those boomkin tranqs are strong. Oh wait.

Depends on how one thinks about it. If this boosts us enough that we're basically the only tank healer needed then other healers can focus on other things and maybe one can go DPS, or at least some sort of hybrid if hybrid is good enough. Might just end up being a boomkin tossing out Tranq when needed.

Two holydins with set bonuses will almost certainly be even more tank overheal. Sure it's a nice safety net, but there are better ways to go about it.

It might not change anything at all though. We'll still be used for keeping the tanks up and Disc priests will still be used for the easy shields that can trivialize some encounter mechanics (like Mythic Maidens).
    I think what is more likely is that for guilds that optimize and take advantage of this as much as possible.
    1. 2 Holy Paladins with the buffed Beacon will be enough to essentially keep tanks up without anyone else (Paladins included) even having to use casts/GCDs on them for the most part.
    2. As a result, the Paladins and your obligatory Disc Priest can pretty much full time heal the raid, all but removing the need for throughput healers altogether.
    3. The tank healing 2 piece/4 piece set bonuses most throughput healers are getting will be rendered largely useless (because all of the tank healing will be covered by even more OP beacons).
    4. The majority of fights will end up being 3 healed - 2 Paladins, 1 Disc Priest, 0 throughput healers

all but removing the need for throughput healers altogether.
    Have you tested hellfire in the ptr?

The majority of fights will end up being 3 healed
    ok you havent.

The majority of fights will end up being 3 healed - 2 Paladins, 1 Disc Priest, 0 throughput healers
    Sometimes I wonder whether you're really dumb or if you're just a tryhard troll....
    Oh and, you should try doing PTR testing and tell us how that setup works out for you. Spoiler alert: it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Miskat0nic View Post
    Yeah, those boomkin tranqs are strong. Oh wait.
    It seems a common thing here to be snide when pointing something like that out. Simply saying "Tranq is resto only, thus boomkin can't cast it" would have sufficed in giving me (and quite a few others) enough information to realize the mistake. For future reference, if you're trying to actually be constructive and informative it is quite helpful to not be sarcastic in your criticisms. Based on your language use it's unclear you currently grasp that concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    Sometimes I wonder whether you're really dumb or if you're just a tryhard troll....
    Oh and, you should try doing PTR testing and tell us how that setup works out for you. Spoiler alert: it doesn't.
    Yeah, I was having second thoughts about even interacting with him. I suppose once is enough.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Deleted
    It seems a common thing here to be snide when pointing something like that out. Simply saying "Tranq is resto only, thus boomkin can't cast it" would have sufficed in giving me (and quite a few others) enough information to realize the mistake. For future reference, if you're trying to actually be constructive and informative it is quite helpful to not be sarcastic in your criticisms. Based on your language use it's unclear you currently grasp that concept.

Yeah, I was having second thoughts about even interacting with him. I suppose once is enough.
    I mean, firstly, if you're going to complain about other people being snide, going and being snide yourself is the exact opposite of the approach to take.

Secondly, I can't help but feel Miskatonic's snideness is somewhat warranted given that anyone who's raided seriously this expac would, given the slightest presence of mind, probably have assumed there was a very good reason their raid group wasn't ever having DPS druids cast Tranq any more, given how often offspec Tranqs would have been helpful this tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    The need for throughput healers will always be there. Throughput raid cds are broken beyond belief.

I absolutely agree with this. There's no downside to having a stronger beacon during progress and having two holy paladins will stabilise the tank's health pool even more freeing up the pallys to ef the raid. It's a win-win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I absolutely agree with this. There's no downside to having a stronger beacon during progress and having two holy paladins will stabilise the tank's health pool even more freeing up the pallys to ef the raid. It's a win-win.
    isn't this already achieved right now in t17?

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    isn't this already achieved right now in t17?
    yeah but some pallys on the previous pages were saying that one pally will be dropped because beacon is stronger which is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    I mean, firstly, if you're going to complain about other people being snide, going and being snide yourself is the exact opposite of the approach to take.

Secondly, I can't help but feel Miskatonic's snideness is somewhat warranted given that anyone who's raided seriously this expac would, given the slightest presence of mind, probably have assumed there was a very good reason their raid group wasn't ever having DPS druids cast Tranq any more, given how often offspec Tranqs would have been helpful this tier.
    I haven't raided seriously, or indeed at all, this expansion. Haven't even played.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

yeah but some pallys on the previous pages were saying that one pally will be dropped because beacon is stronger which is hilarious.
    No it is not hilarious; because "stabilising the tank's health pool even more" doesn't make sense. Tanks don't have infinite health pools, if the stronger beacon + the new lifebloom will be able to keep the tanks alive on their own it won't be ideal to run 2 Holy Pallies.

Deleted
    "freeing up the pallys to ef the raid"

topkek

If the tank's health is already stabilized, then, by definition they are going to maintain stable and not drop and anything else would be an excessive amount of healing focused on your tanks, if you want to make the argument that more than one paladins will continue to be brought in raids then at least word your comment better, this made me fucking choke on my water, thanks.
    Last edited by mmocf1da516892; 2015-05-02 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    No it is not hilarious; because "stabilising the tank's health pool even more" doesn't make sense. Tanks don't have infinite health pools, if the stronger beacon + the new lifebloom will be able to keep the tanks alive on their own it won't be ideal to run 2 Holy Pallies.
    My statement did make sense your reading comprehension however is dubious. When I said stabilise the health pool even more I was referring to the fact that two stronger beacon will be much stronger than just having one and it will allow the pallies to heal the raid instead meaning you can drop a healer as was even said on the previous page. Why would you need druid's lifebloom when you have two hpalas? This is why I spoke about efing the raid. I don't see why you're being hostile. Having a stronger beacon has no downsides during progress whether you're are one or two hpalas in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Arawn1997 View Post
    "freeing up the pallys to ef the raid"

topkek

If the tank's health is already stabilized, then, by definition they are going to maintain stable and not drop and anything else would be an excessive amount of healing focused on your tanks, if you want to make the argument that more than one paladins will continue to be brought in raids then at least word your comment better, this made me fucking choke on my water, thanks.

I said stabilise not stabilised. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=verb
    Last edited by Shinra1; 2015-05-03 at 11:11 AM.

This is why I spoke about efing the raid.
    Good luck with that when you lose your t17 set bonuses.

I feel like 90% of the time people say HPal are overpowered, they're not doing Mythic content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deipotent View Post
    I feel like 90% of the time people say HPal are overpowered, they're not doing Mythic content.
    Mmm I don't know about that, Holy Paladins are definitely strong. They may look better on the meters sometimes, but the thing is they will never, ever be able to push the amount of throughput out that Druids/Shamans/Monks can do. I think the reason HoPas look so strong right now is because of the current fights. There is a lot of tank damage, and burst AoE. Therefore, you have most of that healing covered by a throughput cooldown, and then the raid damage is pretty low outside of that, and spot healing is required. This is where the Paladin will shine. If there were fights where it was constant onslaughts of AoE damage taken (some fights in HFC are very much this way) with lower tank damage, Holy Paladins would start dropping on the "meters".

Paladins fulfill a certain role, this role was very useful because of the design of the fights in BRF. Come HFC I think we are going to see throughput classes dominating the meters because of the nature of the fights.
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.