Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Important pet battle question.

About the pets that are BoP from professions... (Example: http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=elekk+plushie)

How are we going to be able to obtain the UNTOUCHED ITEM? (I am the kind of person who doesnt buy caged pets, and I am either a tailoring for that specific example)

This also applies to other garrison pets from engineer and blacksmith. Anyone knows?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone?....

10+ Year Old Account
    Presumably it will be cageable and you can buy it off the AH from other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Presumably it will be cageable and you can buy it off the AH from other players.
    Makes no sense that you can only buy it caged, that is exactly what I am saying. I do not buy caged pets and having to drop your profession to train this on the toon you want makes NO SENSE so, its either going BoE or something....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    Makes no sense that you can only buy it caged, that is exactly what I am saying. I do not buy caged pets and having to drop your profession to train this on the toon you want makes NO SENSE so, its either going BoE or something....
    What's the difference between buying a caged pet and buying a BoE item that teaches you a pet?

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    What's the difference between buying a caged pet and buying a BoE item that teaches you a pet?
    First of all, "vanity pets owned" statistic does not go up if you bought a pet caged, second of all I dont find it "legit" if you buy a pet caged instead of working for the item yourself.

I believe leaving a profession to train the pet makes not much sense, especially since it will be the FIRST time they do that (you probably know that not a single profession pet is BoP, they are all BoE, unscratched)

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm, what?
    First, learn to English, because I don't know what "and I am either a tailoring for that specific example" even means.

Second, why don't you buy caged pets?

And finally, you would drop your profession and take up tailoring JUST to make this pet, then drop it again? That sounds like a lot of wasted gold and time that you could have just bought the pet with, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    second of all I dont find it "legit" if you buy a pet caged instead of working for the item yourself.
    But buying the learning item is more "legit"?

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Umm, what?
    First, learn to English, because I don't know what "and I am either a tailoring for that specific example" even means.

Second, why don't you buy caged pets?

And finally, you would drop your profession and take up tailoring JUST to make this pet, then drop it again? That sounds like a lot of wasted gold and time that you could have just bought the pet with, lol.
    Means that I dont have Tailoring profession for the Elekk Plushie example, or Blacksmith for Soul of the Forge pet example.

I dont buy caged pets because they dont count for "vanity pets owned" statistic.

This would be the first time Blizzard makes a profession pet that is not BoE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    But buying the learning item is more "legit"?
    Vanity pets owned statistic, to me it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, "vanity pets owned" statistic does not go up if you bought a pet caged, second of all I dont find it "legit" if you buy a pet caged instead of working for the item yourself.
    What? Since when do your numbers not go up when you learn a caged pet? I have almost 600 unique pets, and I am quite sure a few of them came from trades of caged pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    whether you think its legit or not is your own problem. buying or farming are both legit.

and yes the counter does go up for each NEW (unique) pet obtained, doesnt matter if it was bought caged or not. the counter does not go up for duplicates of that pet (you are allowed 3 total). so, sounds like you have some old and prolly wrong information.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-11-12 at 09:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    whether you think its legit or not is your own problem. buying or farming are both legit.

and yes the counter does go up for each NEW pet obtained, doesnt matter if it was bought caged or not. the counter does not go up for duplicates of that pet (you are allowed 3 total). so, sounds like you have some old and prolly wrong information.
    You didnt even understand what "vanity pets owned" mean right?

Let me explain it to you.... Go to achievements-----statistics-----Pet Battles. There you will find something called "vanity pets owned". That statistic DOES NOT INCREASE when you buy a caged pet, it only increases when you learn a pet from scratch (the item in question that is BoP and not BoE)

Here sir:
    Last edited by Xeh.-; 2014-11-12 at 09:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    its only statistic..not an achievement,doesnt give anything..who cares about small things like that realy...><

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanity pets owned statistic, to me it is.
    You have some weird OCD I guess. I track pets I own off warcraftpets.com not in-game, and I have every pet achievement in the game so far, except for the PvP one, so I must be doing something right.

For that matter, how did you obtain any of the TCG pets? Did you go to a card shop and buy the card, the only 'legit' way to do it? Or did you buy thousands of packs until you got the card, the only REAL 'legit' way to do it...

10+ Year Old Account
    You didnt even understand what "vanity pets owned" mean right?

Let me explain it to you.... Go to achievements-----statistics-----Pet Battles. There you will find something called "vanity pets owned". That statistic DOES NOT INCREASE when you buy a caged pet, it only increases when you learn a pet from scratch (the item in question that is BoP and not BoE)
    ok, are you actually learning the caged pet? or just letting it sit in your bags? if you dont add the pet to your journal from the cage, you are right it doesnt count. once you click the cage and add the pet to your journal, it DOES count.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you insist on that ridiculous stand (not buying caged pets), you still have an option.

Instead of dropping your profession, taking tailoring to make the pet, then going back, you can just log on an alt with said profession and make/learn the pet with that alt, as all pets are Account-wide. Even if you don't have an alt with that profession, you can level it up, it will still be less effort/gold than changing your professions on your main for every craftable pet.
    Also, buying caged pets is "Legit", wether you like it or not, as it is within the mechanics that the game provides for trading items. It's like saying you don't like to wear crafted gear unless you make it yourself, it's just ridiculous.

You have some weird OCD I guess. I track pets I own off warcraftpets.com not in-game, and I have every pet achievement in the game so far, except for the PvP one, so I must be doing something right.

For that matter, how did you obtain any of the TCG pets? Did you go to a card shop and buy the card, the only 'legit' way to do it? Or did you buy thousands of packs until you got the card, the only REAL 'legit' way to do it...
    Hi, I was world first 5k pvp pet battle achievements LEGIT (Ya, once again.... using 2 accounts to do it does not seem legit to me)

For TCG pets what I did and do is buying the CODES for gold so i go retrieve the codes myself.

You are WRONG. I have 588 pets, all leveled and none of them caged and my Vanity pets owned statistic is 307, and I believe is the highest worldwide because like you already know I have a weird OCD that doesnt want me to buy caged pets.

IT DOES NOT COUNT IF YOU BUY A CAGED PET AND TRAIN IT, IT ONLY COUNTS WHEN YOU TRAIN A PET FROM SCRATCH. Get that into your head please

Quote Originally Posted by Glustin10 View Post
    If you insist on that ridiculous stand (not buying caged pets), you still have an option.

Instead of dropping your profession, taking tailoring to make the pet, then going back, you can just log on an alt with said profession and make/learn the pet with that alt, as all pets are Account-wide. Even if you don't have an alt with that profession, you can level it up, it will still be less effort/gold than changing your professions on your main for every craftable pet.
    Also, buying caged pets is "Legit", wether you like it or not, as it is within the mechanics that the game provides for trading items. It's like saying you don't like to wear crafted gear unless you make it yourself, it's just ridiculous.
    That will not count the Vanity pets owned statistic because that statistic is not account-wide, the only REAL account-wide thing in game is mounts owned (the only statistic that shows the highest number even if you trained the mount on another toon)

I am not saying you are wrong, I am saying that TO ME is not legit... Is the way I see stuff, I dont believe I am right, its just the way I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrwyss View Post
    its only statistic..not an achievement,doesnt give anything..who cares about small things like that realy...><
    Like I said above, it is some weird OCD thing I guess. A lot of the statistics in the achievement pane don't work correctly, and to obtain the numbers of pets for the achievements, you almost HAVE to buy some caged pets.

- - - Updated - - -

IT DOES NOT COUNT IF YOU BUY A CAGED PET AND TRAIN IT, IT ONLY COUNTS WHEN YOU TRAIN A PET FROM SCRATCH. Get that into your head please
    Yep this is not a problem at all... /sarcasm

Means that I dont have Tailoring profession for the Elekk Plushie example, or Blacksmith for Soul of the Forge pet example.

I dont buy caged pets because they dont count for "vanity pets owned" statistic
    Are you talking about the stat from the statistics panel? Not to be mean, but really who cares? If it's that important to you, then I guess you will have to profession swap, but for the remaining 99.9% of us, this is just working way too hard to find something to complain about. At the end of the day, it's your choice to profession swap for these pets, if adding to a meaningless statistic that no one cares about or ever looks at is that important to you. This is most definitely something Blizzard does not need to fix. Buying caged pets most certainly adds to your achievement counter when working toward the achievement pet rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    and im done with you. you wanna be a spoiled little whiney kid and say "get this through your head" to someone that is trying to help and understand your concern is not the way to do it. i hope you struggle with your problem.

Hi, I was world first 5k pvp pet battle achievements LEGIT (Ya, once again.... using 2 accounts to do it does not seem legit to me)

For TCG pets what I did and do is buying the CODES for gold so i go retrieve the codes myself.

You are WRONG. I have 588 pets, all leveled and none of them caged and my Vanity pets owned statistic is 307, and I believe is the highest worldwide because like you already know I have a weird OCD that doesnt want me to buy caged pets.

That will not count the Vanity pets owned statistic because that statistic is not account-wide, the only REAL account-wide thing in game is mounts owned (the only statistic that shows the highest number even if you trained the mount on another toon)
    That statistic seems bugged to me. I have 117 unique pets (none from cages), and my "vanity pets owned" says 3.